I'm all for an update. Go 2sslow!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Is it tomorrow yet?
    Here it is!

Same instructions apply as jmartino's original post
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

thanks, update seems to work fine for me. I remember that I had a little trouble with the original one that popped up after a few days. Cant wait to see if everything is good with this one.
    should be fine ,no problems here!

been using it for 3 days!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Does this work with 1.4.1.1 I get 2 errors on mine, not sure if it is any other conflicting Patches or not.
    2sslow---help
    trying to install it, but I get:
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sun May 2 21:11:24 EDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.change-carrier-string-and-color2/change-carrier-string-and-color2.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 581.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 947.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 581.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 947.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.change-carrier-string-and-color2
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.change-carrier-string-and-color2:
    change-carrier-string-and-color2.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***

I noticed that the wording in the patch is not identical to the wording in the bar assistant file. Is that why the hunks are failing? btw, what is a hunk? Where can I look to see why this actually failed? Or is that something that only developers can decipher?
    thanks as always
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 05/03/2010 at 10:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I would love to get this patch working on my pre as well...uninstalled anything related to the top bar and still can't get it to work.

NABRIL...i was wondering the same thing about what is a hunk...this came from the top 2 search listings:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hunk may refer to:(there's a lot of info...if you're in a hurry just find the green

1. A slang term for a sexually appealing man, a person who is sexually attractive or a well-muscled, sexualized man, as in beefcake. (i'm still LMAO..."beefcake"....that's f'n great!!...how bout Big Bad Brutus the Barber Beefcake??!! I've always wondered what it must have been like for him in school...hopefully, for his sake, he was just called "B"

2. A hunk in computing is a portion of a patch or diff file.

In computing, diff is a file comparison utility that outputs the differences between two files. It is typically used to show the changes between one version of a file and a former version of the same file. Diff displays the changes made per line for text files.Modern implementations also support binary files.[1] The output is called a diff or a patch since the output can be applied with the Unix program patch. The output of similar file comparison utilities are also called a "diff". Like the use of the word "grep" for describing the act of searching, the word diff is used in jargon as a verb for calculating any difference.

** The more I tried to read the less I understood!

There rest his base cali jabber jaw...it's their's if you read it & it's their's if you don't:

(I added one "hunk phrase" to the list below, yep, just one...does anyone wanna take a guess which one? --no cheating--
    Related phrases: amiga hunk hunk anderson hunk of junk hunk resident evil big hunk o' love hunk bite hunk of love incredible hunk neon hunk inedible hunk hunk garett

Definitions of hunk on the Web:

1. a well-built sexually attractive man
    2. a large piece of something without definite shape; "a hunk of bread"; "a lump of coal"

References to hunk on the Web:

1. Hunk is a 1987 comedy film, starring John Allen Nelson, Steve Levitt, James Coco and Deborah Shelton. Directed by Lawrence Bassoff.
    2. Voltron is an American animated television series adaptation of two different Japanese anime television series (Beast King Golion and Armored ...
    3. A large or dense piece of something; A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular;
    4. A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). ...
    5. Beau Hunks is a 1931 movie starring Laurel and Hardy and directed by James W. Horne. Beau Hunks is both a reference to Beau Geste and a pun on the ...
    Last edited by econdor; 05/07/2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: typo
    econdor---interesting demonstration of your pasting abilities.

I found a copy of a patch that Jason Rob worked on which works fine. I attach it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thank you very much NABRIL15. Been looking for one that worked for a little while.
    hi all, was wondering if someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction here. i previously installed the following theme:

Philadelphia Flyers Palm Pre Theme @ PreThemer

and now im trying to uninstall and just go back to the original palm theme. everything went fine during the uninstall but the colors of the time and carrier are still orange. how can i get it back to white? thanks in advance!
    Hello, Since there was a working custom-string created by Jason Rob, I combined it with the last updated version for the color by jmartino2011 and 2sslow. (not sure which creator created the most recent one.) Anyways it has been tested on Verizon 1.4.1 with no issues. If this has already been done then I must have missed it. Anyways if you have problems send me a PM. My skills our minimal so I will do the best I can.
  13.    #93  
    haha, glad to see that this thread is living on...where is the W T F? button for econdor's post???
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    econdor---interesting demonstration of your pasting abilities.

I found a copy of a patch that Jason Rob worked on which works fine. I attach it.
    Just want to report that this patch works brilliant on Bell 1.4.5!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345