Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    If you are looking for a patch then we need to know what color you want it changed to. This is not an app that you can just customize unless you know how to edit patches.

Please post the hexcode you would like it changed too and one of us will make it for you!

Web colors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    yeah i know how to edit the colors myself but since you insist, I'm requesting just plain black 000000. Thanks!
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    here you go!

This is for as4life, dont use this unless you want your topbar to be grey instead of black.

Edit: try this one, The previous had a larger font for appname.

This one is oem font size!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 12/13/2009 at 02:49 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #43  
    [QUOTE=2sslow;2092019]here you go!

This is for as4life, dont use this unless you want your topbar to be grey instead of black./QUOTE]

thanks 2sslow, i have been sick as a dog this weekend and couldn't get up the energy to work on it.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    [QUOTE=jmartino2011;2092279]
    here you go!

This is for as4life, dont use this unless you want your topbar to be grey instead of black./QUOTE]

thanks 2sslow, i have been sick as a dog this weekend and couldn't get up the energy to work on it.
    No problem!

I just wanted to say im not trying to jack your thread....Just trying to help.

Hope you feel better!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey norman, not sure why the patch is failing on your wife's phone. Has she installed 1.3.1 on her phone? Has she had her carrier string changed before? These are some of the reasons it could fail.

Anyways, my suggestion at this point would be to use Webos QI to send the original files to the phone. Follow the instructions at http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html (but use WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 image) and send /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$ $to$ $the$ $phone$ $and$ $try$ $to$ $install$ $again$. $I$'$m$ $sorry$, $i$ $know$ $it$'$s$ $a$ $rather$ $complicated$ $fix$, $but$ $i$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $why$ $the$ $patch$ $is$ $failing$ $since$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $giving$ $any$ $information$ $in$ $the$ $error$ $message$ $besides$ $that$ $it$ $did$ $fail$.

john
    ok John. I downloaded orig files from webdr 1.3.1, sent to the phone, just as indicated in your directions, and still gave me the error attached.
    When copying the new files to the phone, I dont have to extract the old, right? Sending files overwrites the existing, no?

what might be next?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 12/14/2009 at 09:12 PM.
    NABRIL15... Your wifes phone... Pre or Pixi?

Also when you modified the patch for color and carrier string text is there a chance you deleted a comma or bracket?

Try downloading the patch again and re modify, Or tell me the color and text you want and let me or john try it for you.

Also could you post the patches already on your wifes Phone?

Follow the link below.

7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    ok John. I downloaded orig files from webdr 1.3.1, sent to the phone, just as indicated in your directions, and still gave me the error attached.
    When copying the new files to the phone, I dont have to extract the old, right? Sending files overwrites the existing, no?

what might be next?
    yeah Norman, i'm not sure what is going on with this. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time getting this patch installed. Yeah, why don't you send either 2sslow or I what you want in the patch (carrier string and color) and we'll make one for you that you can try.

but yes, sending files with qi should overwrite the old one without having to remove the first one.

later,

john
    My Patches

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    thanks guys. If this was easy, it wouldn't be so fun, right?
    I will attach the patch I am running tonight. It is the one John attached to a reply last week.
    yeah Norman, i'm not sure what is going on with this. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time getting this patch installed. Yeah, why don't you send either 2sslow or I what you want in the patch (carrier string and color) and we'll make one for you that you can try.

later,
    john
    ok here we go. patch attached.
    She has installed:
    4x4 icons v3, add/del pages in launcher, battery icon and %, browser multi-patch, small icons start page, increase font size 18, and a few others. Maybe not necessary to list all and only the ones that affect the top bar, no?

thanks again
    ok here we go. patch attached.
    She has installed:
    4x4 icons v3, add/del pages in launcher, battery icon and %, browser multi-patch, small icons start page, increase font size 18, and a few others. Maybe not necessary to list all and only the ones that affect the top bar, no?

thanks again
    Sorry I couldnt get it to work either...Weird..

But the good news is I made one myself that did work!

John, could you try this because i couldnt get it to work for me either.. Let me know how it works for you please.

Heres your patch NABRIL15

Follow the link below.

11.    #51  
    hey guys, yeah, i'll try it when i get home from work later today. busy time of the year for everyone, but I'll do my best!
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Hey guys if the first time the patch failed, unistall with webos and then do the adjust to the file with notepad, after that intall again with webos and yeah baby it works for me .

Hey ChemEngr, first off, the # in front of the six-digit hex code is necessary. You said previously that you were using the More Blue theme correct? I looked at it on Preware, and the file on preware showed that the carrier string and date/time text was already changed to the color blue. Is this how it is on your phone as well? The way that the patch works is that it compares the file /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css on your phone to the one that is included in the patch. The -color: #fff; line under carrier means it is taking that line out of the file on your phone and replacing it with the text after the plus sign in +color: #0000FF;. This way, it changes from the default color fff (which is white) to 0000FF which is blue. The point of me telling you this is that in order to perform the comparison, Quick Install must be able to find the correct place in the file on your phone. So, your phone file must look like:

#carrier {
    float: left;
    color: #fff;
    margin-left: 2px;
    white-space: nowrap;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

If the file on your phone doesn't look like this, then Quick Install won't be able to apply the patch, and you will get an error message saying that the hunk failed at line whatever (btw, the line that your error message said it failed at should correspond approximately to the 90 and 91 in this text from the patch: @@ -90,7 +91,7 @@. Here, the -90,7 means that it is removing line 90 and the patch is showing seven total lines and the +91,7 means it is adding in line 91 for a total of 7 lines still). There are two common ways that the file on your phone won't match the text in the patch, giving an error message: 1) the person writing the patch made a mistake writing the code so that it looks different than the file 2) you have already modified the phone file by applying another patch, e.g. like the one included in the More Blue theme to turn the carrier string and date/time strings blue. Since I know this patch works and others have told me it works, then I assume the second case to be true.

If you want to keep the text of the carrier string and date/time blue, then you can modify the patch yourself to take out the change color parts and just have the modify carrier string part. To do this, open the patch file with Notepad and delete everything starting with ---.orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css. Then, apply the patch using Quick Install to just modify the carrier string.

If you are interested, the other part of your error message had some interesting information. The first two hunks that succeeded were offset by a certain number of lines. This was shown because when I wrote the patch, I specified to Preware in the .patch file that it should look at lines 480 and 829 for the lines to edit for the carrier string. Since you have the More Blue theme installed which has already modified the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$, $there$ $is$ $more$ $code$ $than$ $the$ $original$ $file$. $So$, $that$ $more$ $code$ $has$ $displaced$ $the$ $lines$ $that$ $needed$ $to$ $be$ $modified$, $which$ $is$ $why$ $Quick$ $Install$ $said$ $that$ $the$ $lines$ $were$ $offset$ $from$ $where$ $I$ $said$ $they$ $should$ $be$. $Also$, $the$ $last$ $line$ $said$ $that$ $1$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $failed$, $which$ $is$ $why$ $the$ $patch$ $couldn$'$t$ $be$ $applied$. $The$ $line$ $above$ $says$ $that$ $Hunk$ $2$ $failed$ $at$ $line$ $91$. $Therefore$, $we$ $must$ $assume$ $that$ $Hunk$ $1$ $succeeded$. $If$ $you$ $look$ $at$ $the$ $patch$, $Hunk$ $1$ $is$ $the$ $one$ $modifying$ $the$ $date$/$time$ $string$. $Since$ $the$ $patch$ $shows$ $that$ $in$ $that$ $hunk$, $we$ $are$ $just$ $adding$ $a$ $line$, $quick$ $install$ $does$ $not$ $have$ $to$ $find$ $a$ $specific$ $line$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $do$ $apply$ $the$ $patch$. $However$, $in$ $hunk$ $2$, $it$ $has$ $to$ $find$ $the$ $specific$ $line$ $color$: #$fff$; $to$ $remove$ $it$. $That$ $is$ $why$ $hunk$ $1$ $succeeded$ $and$ $hunk$ $2$ $failed$. $If$ $none$ $of$ $this$ $made$ $sense$, $then$ $forget$ $it$. $I$ $am$ $learning$ $as$ $I$ $go$, $and$ $I$ $thought$ $you$ $might$ $like$ $to$ $know$ $what$ $the$ $error$ $message$ $meant$.

jmartino2011
  13.    #53  
    Sorry I couldnt get it to work either...Weird..
    John, could you try this because i couldnt get it to work for me either.. Let me know how it works for you please.
    hey guys, so here is what I have come up with. I tried to install the file that Norman uploaded on the emulator and I got the same errors as everyone else. I then created a test file from my original with Norman's changes, and it worked. So, I downloaded WinMerge (shareware) to compare the two files. It gave me a popup asking if I wanted to ignore the differences in carriage returns. When I clicked no, it said that every line of the files were different. When I clicked yes, it said the files are identical. I have to conclude that the program that Norman used to modify the original file changed the type of carriage return and QI doesn't recognize this type of carriage return.

Norman, I suggest you use either Notepad or download Notepad++ (much more powerful). If you used Notepad, I have no idea what got messed up or how it did.

Interesting problem, sorry it took so long to diagnose!

John
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    I truly appreciate the diligence guys. I used Wordpad. I will use no more.

Interesting findings though.
  15.    #55  
    I truly appreciate the diligence guys.
    most welcome...sorry it took so long. thanks to 2sslow for all his help too
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    2sloww and John---is there a way to take this up a level and make the percentage of the battery the same color as I made the carrier string?

I know there is a patch to make the battery and % white, but could it be made to be the same color as the carrier string?
  17.    #57  
    2sloww and John---is there a way to take this up a level and make the percentage of the battery the same color as I made the carrier string?

I know there is a patch to make the battery and % white, but could it be made to be the same color as the carrier string?
    yeah, it can be done. I can't find battery and % white patch right now, but if you have it, just change the color field in the patch to whatever color you want and then install it.

john
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    yeah, it can be done. I can't find battery and % white patch right now, but if you have it, just change the color field in the patch to whatever color you want and then install it.

john

Theres a little more to it than that in the battery patches. I'll have it for him soon. Im working on it now!

Follow the link below.

19.    #59  
    Theres a little more to it than that in the battery patches. I'll have it for him soon. Im working on it now!
    my bad, i never actually looked at the patch you made to see how you did it. Do you have a thread for it? If you do, i've never seen it. i couldn't find the patch, but i didn't spend much time on it. norman is always challenging us to new heights!
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    my bad, i never actually looked at the patch you made to see how you did it. Do you have a thread for it? If you do, i've never seen it. i couldn't find the patch, but i didn't spend much time on it. norman is always challenging us to new heights!

All I did was use the built in feature in the original( kind of like an on off switch).

That last comment is so true! lol
    Last edited by 2sslow; 12/24/2009 at 12:27 AM.

Follow the link below.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast