Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Great job! I really like the bigger fonts on the top bar. It applied even with the MoreBlue theme on. Now if you can make a 'change the color' patch it would be perfect. I attached a screenshot for people to see. I'm sorry if it's nitpicky but is it possible to make the battery % numbers be in line with the other texts? Then it would look polished. Thanks all for your hard work. Loving the board!
    hey chemengr: did you get my last post about deleting the color change part from the patch and applying it so you could change the carrier string?

Also, hmmm, i'll have to look into it...not sure why it is out of line. i'm going to look at it in the emulator and then check out the battery % patch to see how they modify it. looks like it is out of line in the emulator...

what do you mean, change the color patch? your blue theme is causing the error in the patching process...see my comment above in the thread
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey chemengr: did you get my last post about deleting the color change part from the patch and applying it so you could change the carrier string?

Also, hmmm, i'll have to look into it...not sure why it is out of line. i'm going to look at it in the emulator and then check out the battery % patch to see how they modify it. looks like it is out of line in the emulator...

what do you mean, change the color patch? your blue theme is causing the error in the patching process...see my comment above in the thread
    Thanks a lot for looking into the alignment. Yes, I understood your previous post on how to apply the carrier string change. But I think I'll just remove the theme then apply your original patch. You guys are great!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #23  
    the increase font size in the top bar patch should be in preware by tomorrow morning. i am submitting it soon...
    My Patches

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Im trying to figure out how to change the color of each letter of the carrier string and time, or time and date if that patch is installed. I dont know how to write patches, but I think what you have here may possibly be edited in a way for this to happen. Possibly maybe? Actually, the more i think about it, maybe it's not possible. Thanks to anyone who looks into it...

Also, as far as the six hex codes to choose from, on Prethemer I have successfully used ANY hex code. I was not aware there was only a six code choice so Ive used hex codes that are not one of the six and it works perfectly. Perhaps this is totally different, but a code is a code, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Im trying to figure out how to change the color of each letter of the carrier string and time, or time and date if that patch is installed. I dont know how to write patches, but I think what you have here may possibly be edited in a way for this to happen. Possibly maybe? Actually, the more i think about it, maybe it's not possible. Thanks to anyone who looks into it...

Also, as far as the six hex codes to choose from, on Prethemer I have successfully used ANY hex code. I was not aware there was only a six code choice so Ive used hex codes that are not one of the six and it works perfectly. Perhaps this is totally different, but a code is a code, right?
    Im sure it is possible but it will take someone more knowledgeable in linux than we are.

as far as the six hexcodes, That is refering to the six digit hexcodes. any hexcode will work.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

6.    #26  
    howdy,

actually, i think that it could be done by adding an if/else if statement to the color as in the battery icon as percent patch. you would need to make the color a variable, and then iterate on the character of the string with a different color for each iteration. it would be possible, but like 2sslow said, currently beyond my coding abilities in javascript and css.
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks, It works
    Martino----help
    I got this to work for my phone weeks ago, but now I am applying it to my wife's but it gives me an error (attached).
    I had the font increase to 17 installed when i got the error, so I removed it just in case.

Reinstalled this one, same error.

Any thoughts?

John----I attached the patch file....Thanks man.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 04/14/2010 at 08:23 AM.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    Martino----help
    I got this to work for my phone weeks ago, but now I am applying it to my wife's but it gives me an error (attached).
    I had the font increase to 17 installed when i got the error, so I removed it just in case.

Reinstalled this one, same error.

Any thoughts?

John----I attached the patch file....Thanks man.
    Hey Norman,

believe it is because you needed to remove the text after the six-digit hex code for the colors...I have removed it and reattached the patch. Please let me know if that fixes it, because if it does not, then we can still try a few things. btw, you can attach .patch files w/o putting them into a .zip archive.

Change-Carrier-String-and-Color.patch

Thanks,
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I applied this patch a while back, just to make a change to the carrier name, I kept the font color white and the size the same. I was trying to reapply the patch today to change the carrier name to something different, but I keep getting an error b/c the patch is already applied. How can I remove the patch so that I can reapply it?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpre View Post
    I applied this patch a while back, just to make a change to the carrier name, I kept the font color white and the size the same. I was trying to reapply the patch today to change the carrier name to something different, but I keep getting an error b/c the patch is already applied. How can I remove the patch so that I can reapply it?
    howdy, there are several ways...1) if you have preware installed, you should be able to find the patch under Available Other > Unknown > WebOS Quick Install, and you can remove it that way. 2) you can use WebOS QI under Device Management and the Patches tab to uninstall it. 3) If you wanted to be slick, you could alter the .patch file and the lines that have "Sprint" as the carrier string, you could change them to your original string and then put the new one in the place meant for modification and then reinstall it. That should work, but i haven't tried it.

John
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Hey Norman,

believe it is because you needed to remove the text after the six-digit hex code for the colors...I have removed it and reattached the patch. Please let me know if that fixes it, because if it does not, then we can still try a few things. btw, you can attach .patch files w/o putting them into a .zip archive.

Change-Carrier-String-and-Color.patch

Thanks,
    hey john. installed your attached patch thru woqi, and got error below
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 04/14/2010 at 08:23 AM.
  13.    #33  
    hey john. installed your attached patch thru woqi, and got error below
    hey norman, not sure why the patch is failing on your wife's phone. Has she installed 1.3.1 on her phone? Has she had her carrier string changed before? These are some of the reasons it could fail.

Anyways, my suggestion at this point would be to use Webos QI to send the original files to the phone. Follow the instructions at http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html (but use WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 image) and send /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$ $to$ $the$ $phone$ $and$ $try$ $to$ $install$ $again$. $I$'$m$ $sorry$, $i$ $know$ $it$'$s$ $a$ $rather$ $complicated$ $fix$, $but$ $i$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $why$ $the$ $patch$ $is$ $failing$ $since$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $giving$ $any$ $information$ $in$ $the$ $error$ $message$ $besides$ $that$ $it$ $did$ $fail$.

john
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    hey norman, not sure why the patch is failing on your wife's phone. Has she installed 1.3.1 on her phone? Has she had her carrier string changed before? These are some of the reasons it could fail.

Anyways, my suggestion at this point would be to use Webos QI to send the original files to the phone. Follow the instructions at http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html (but use WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 image) and send /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$ $to$ $the$ $phone$ $and$ $try$ $to$ $install$ $again$. $I$'$m$ $sorry$, $i$ $know$ $it$'$s$ $a$ $rather$ $complicated$ $fix$, $but$ $i$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $why$ $the$ $patch$ $is$ $failing$ $since$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $giving$ $any$ $information$ $in$ $the$ $error$ $message$ $besides$ $that$ $it$ $did$ $fail$.

john
    He might want to think about EPR so as not to conflict with any other patches he has that might touch one of those files.

JMO

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

thanks 2sloow and jmartino. Nice to see familiar names on the forum.

Yes, she has 1.3.1 and her phone is fairly new. Meaning running EPR would not wipe out tooo much. What would be the quickest way to start clean? EPR, right?

thanks guys
  16.    #36  
    thanks 2sloow and jmartino. Nice to see familiar names on the forum.

Yes, she has 1.3.1 and her phone is fairly new. Meaning running EPR would not wipe out tooo much. What would be the quickest way to start clean? EPR, right?

thanks guys
    epr would be the quickest way and will only remove patches, which are fairly easy (if monotonous) to install...
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    how do you change the color on the launcher menu and app menus on the top left corner?
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    how do you change the color on the launcher menu and app menus on the top left corner?
    are you asking in general or do you want a patch for it?
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    are you asking in general or do you want a patch for it?
    Preferably I'm looking for a patch.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Preferably I'm looking for a patch.
    If you are looking for a patch then we need to know what color you want it changed to. This is not an app that you can just customize unless you know how to edit patches.

Please post the hexcode you would like it changed too and one of us will make it for you!

Web colors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Follow the link below.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast