Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    this phone is just to frustrating nothing works right , i had this installed before the update now i get a error messager.

anyone else
    +1
    My husband and I both saw the same error message.

I'm hoping that the author of the patch has seen this and is doing something about it.
  4.    #4  
    i gotta say the more they update this phone the worst it gets.
    Yes same here.
    yea im having the same problem! NOTHING WORKS!

they give us the ability to control out pre with homebrew apps and themes with the SDK but then they go and patch everything up so it no longer works!

COME ON PALM GET WITH THE PROGRAM NO ONE LIKES ALL OF THESE UPDATES THAT IS KILLING HOMEBREW!!!
    Own:

Palm Pre
    Xbox 360
    Xbox
    PS1
    Dreamcast
    Nintendo DSi
    Nintendo DS
    Gameboy SP
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advanced
    i was reading other threads and the maker of sms tone per contact sent the wrong one in to preware and will be udating it soon so it works with 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    still showing the ipkg error.
    The last time he submitted it, it took almost 24 hours to appear in PreWare. I'd look for it sometime tomorrow. I can confirm that it works. I'm using it now.
    install the correct version with wosqi and it works.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonn95 View Post
    yea im having the same problem! NOTHING WORKS!

they give us the ability to control out pre with homebrew apps and themes with the SDK but then they go and patch everything up so it no longer works!

COME ON PALM GET WITH THE PROGRAM NO ONE LIKES ALL OF THESE UPDATES THAT IS KILLING HOMEBREW!!!
    Why is this Palm's fault? Palm has no obligation to make their updates work with any homebrew stuff. Obviously, if homebrew applications comply with the documented APIs, they should not break. But patches don't comply with anything. The updates from Palm are healthy, and they are providing some developers with the update before releasing it to everyone so they can make sure their apps are compatible. Palm is really doing all the right things here.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  12.    #12  
    whats a wosqi
    ignorant people are ignorant.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    It's the WebOS Quick Install
    I tried it but still not wotking.
    I tried the Iphone style, did not work on my phone, but it did work on my wife phone???
    wosqi will return some error dialogues but it will install.

Or just be patient and wait for the correct version on Preware.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    has anyone looked in the Patch section of this forum?

there may or may not be two threads specifically talking about this patch and specifically talking about this problem that the specific creator of the specific patch is specifically aware of.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    ignorant people are ignorant.
    maybe we are not all as smart as you and really dont need comments like that here. i asked for help not sarcasim
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    has anyone looked in the Patch section of this forum?

there may or may not be two threads specifically talking about this patch and specifically talking about this problem that the specific creator of the specific patch is specifically aware of.
    again instead of sacasim and riddles why not just point us in the right direction
    Quote Originally Posted by inkspot1967 View Post
    i gotta say the more they update this phone the worst it gets.
    You understand that you're dealing with a patch; something not supported by Palm; something you were warned was not directly supported by Palm; right?
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonn95 View Post
    Actually sir, you are incorrect. I like the updates, and understand exactly why they make things "not work". The folks that writh the HomeBrew programs and patches understand why updates don't work. Folks who are short on frustration levels shouldn't be messing with anything non-standard...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast