Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What about to use this thread to compile an index of every patch that we would like to see on Pre?

Edit: Soon I'll be adding categories for the requests (Message, mail, etc, like in Preware)

• App Launcher

Individual app icons orientate with landscape view - By bigk oont

Hide or delete an app by pressing the orange button and tapping the app - By baobab77

Allowing the launcher button to be replaced with an app. - By Stihl

• Browser

Haptic Feedback On Link Click In Web Browser. - By Spader

• Calendar

Color in calender view, instead of the standard grayed out color. - By Flush2810

• Messaging

Bigger Avatars on Message and Contacts App. - By glorifiedg

Decrease Font Size in Messaging - By Shadow-360

• Misc

Blocking OS updates. - By davidra

Multi-selection of photos to move, delete... - by jblake1030

Picture Zoom Level on Double Tap - By Honis

A setting in preware that remembered which patches you had and searches for updated versions of them (or simply reapplies them). - By Stihl

• Phone

"Ignore a call" with a text message. - By skinneejay

Change color of dialer from phone with a variety of different color options - By roitmanm

Toggle the proximity sensor for when the phone leaves the face for bluetooth and speaker. - By roitmanm

Alphabet vertical bar on contacts - By glorifiedg

• Screen Lock

Link the screen turn on/off mechanism to the center button. - By bigfire

Separate brightness control of screen and keyboard (on the native control app) - By Flush2810

Turn the screen off while charging on TS without use of brightness unlinked - By roitmanm

Prevent screen from locking while the Pre is charging - By jdale

• Top Bar

A patch that hid redundant information in the top-right Palm menu (like wifi/date/battery health). - By Stihl

• Video Player

View Video List In Landscape - By Spader

If someone start's to develop some of this patches, please make a new thread and post the URL here so I can link this index.
    Last edited by glorifiedg; 11/23/2009 at 06:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I agree that these should be compiled. It may be difficult if there's a lot of discussion regarding one particular patch request, but that's why there's a subject line that can be utilized on each post.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Has this patch already been requested? I am receiving a new Pre today as my Power button broke! I guess it couldn't handle always being put to sleep or waking up by pressing that button on the corner.....

.....anyway to link the screen turn on/off mechanism to the center button??? Kinda also wish there were a touchscreen option to put the Pre to sleep that was fast to access to avoid always pressing a physical button....

...when you have such lousy battery life, you HAVE to turn off the screen whenever you can!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  4.    #4  
    Bigfire, added your patch request. I think this would not be for discussing patches, just to have an index so we can see all app requests with a link to their own thread.
    how about the patch for brightness on screen and keyboard? Like the brightness unlinked app
  6.    #6  
    I would like that one to!
    how about a patch that would make the individual app icons orientate with landscape view?
    how about haptick feedback on EVERYTHING
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    how about haptick feedback on EVERYTHING
    And then your battery will last 1 hour

But I'll add it if you really want. I just can see how that would be usefull with battery duration like Pre has. :S
    hahahahahah true! But I'm always chargin my pre so it wouldn't be a huge problem,but maybe we can have a toggle switch
    How about a patch that lets you hide or delete an app by pressing the orange button and tapping the app. So it could be used to hide the undeletable apps that sprint preloads on the pre. Like on a blackberry where you can hide any application.
    a couple requests:

1.) patch to turn the screen off while charging on TS without use of brightness unlinked

2.) option to change color of dialer from phone with a variety of different color options

3,) toggle the proximity sensor for when the phone leaves the face. i have a problem where i try to change my phone option to bluetooth or speaker and the phone screen is switching on and off depending on where my hand is.
  13.    #13  
    Added all.

I think it's getting good. Opinions?
    as of right now im trying to use some of this coding here off the camera app to orientate invidual app icons on the launcher but still no luck

Code:
    	orientationChanged: function(orientation){
    		llog("Got orientationChanged: "+ orientation);

switch (orientation){
    			case 'up':
    				this.launcherControl.orientation = LAUNCHERControl.ORIENTATION.UP;
    				break;
    			case 'right':
    				this.launcherControl.orientation = LAUNCHERControl.ORIENTATION.RIGHT;
    				break;
    			case 'down':
    				this.launcherControl.orientation = LAUNCHERControl.ORIENTATION.DOWN;
    				break;
    			case 'left':
    				this.launcherControl.orientation = LAUNCHERControl.ORIENTATION.LEFT;
    				break;			
    		}

this.controller.get('launcherMain').className = 'launcher-main' + ' ' + orientation;
    	},
    ill try messing with it a bit more
    how about color in calender view? instead of the standard grayed out color
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Even though it's been talked to death and required access to linux binaries, it bares mention: allowing the launcher button to be replaced with an app.

A patch that allowed independent control of keyboard brightness would be great.

A patch that hid redundant information in the top-right Palm menu (like wifi/date/battery health) would save a lot of space.

Similar to the 'halt upgrades' patch idea, a setting in preware that remembered which patches you had and searches for updated versions of them (or simply reapplies them) would go a long way toward alleviating headaches.
    Last edited by Stihl; 11/21/2009 at 06:55 PM.
  17.    #17  
    Updated
    i sure wish that someone would work on linking the center button to make the phone turn on!
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I'd love a patch that kept the screen from locking while the Pre was charging. See thread here: http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?t=213198
  20.    #20  
    Updated again. Thanks jdale.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast