1.    #1  
    As requested, a patch to hide the Sprint Navigation App from the launcher. This patch has been personally tested by me through webOS Quick Install & successfully hid the Nav App. I submitted this to the webos-patches feed, so it should be up in Preware as soon as they approve it.

~Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    won't work with 1.4
    hiya, thanks for this, gets rid of an unusable icon but wont install (ipkg error, i can post the full error if u want)
    Try this, tested and works on v1.4 and 1.4.1.1 on Palm Pre.

Since this is Veritas06's patch, I'll leave it to him to submit to the webos-patches feed since I have no idea how.

Update: Works on 1.4.1.1 as well
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by opacityzero; 04/02/2010 at 11:30 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Sorry about that, didn't realize i had one more patch to update for 1.4.0. Thanks opacityzero, i'll resubmit it with your name on it too.
    Hello,

first off, thank you for the patch. I hate the sprint apps and find them an unsightly waste of space. Regardless, I do need sprint nav from time to time and was able to quickly uninstall and reinstall Hide Nav at leisure depending on my needs. The app was installed when I updated from 1.3 to 1.4 and now the patch is wiped off of 1.4, but sprint nav is hidden as well. Are you aware of any way of getting this app back without using Doctor?

Thank you for your time!
  7.    #7  
    Do you have webOS QuickInstall? Just open that up go to 'Tools > Receive File'
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation/appinfo.json
    Destination: [ I suggest the desktop for easy access ]

Then open the appinfo.json file with Notepad & look for a line with "visible": "false", & just change it to "true". Then 'Tools > Send File' select the appinfo.json & send it to:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation/
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Do you have webOS QuickInstall? Just open that up go to 'Tools > Receive File'
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation/appinfo.json
    Destination: [ I suggest the desktop for easy access ]

Then open the appinfo.json file with Notepad & look for a line with "visible": "false", & just change it to "true". Then 'Tools > Send File' select the appinfo.json & send it to:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation/
    Thanks!
    I downloaded your patch earlier as a .txt from online, and had a hunch it would work like that, but when I rooted into my palm from terminal I ls'ed the folder and had no such file, no files of any kind for that matter. Luckily I had my mom's pre and was able to just cp all the files out of the directory and into mine.

Thanks a lot for your help
  9.    #9  
    Np, not sure why yout Pre wouldn't have had that directory, Sprint Nav is included by default as ( AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK ) $can$'$t$ $be$ $removed$ $without$ $a$ $command$ $line$ $to$ $remove$ $the$ $folder$ ( $or$ $hiding$ $it$ ).

Glad you got it working!
    in preware, this patch is listed as version 1.4.1-3. does anyone know what the "-3" is supposed to mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Try this, tested and works on v1.4 and 1.4.1.1 on Palm Pre.

Since this is Veritas06's patch, I'll leave it to him to submit to the webos-patches feed since I have no idea how.

Update: Works on 1.4.1.1 as well
    has this been tested on 1.4.5 yet?