1.    #1  
    I am stuck after the 1.3.1 update. I had 4-5 patches installed on my phone before the 1.3.1 update but in excitement, I downloaded the update before un-installing the patches.

Right after the update, I removed all the patches but now this one patch "Snooze Duration" I am not able to remove.

I also updated the recent package manager service and preware. I tried to install the EPR and it gives me IPKG error...

Can someone please help me out?? I can not install any new application from App Catalog as I get this merror full error..
  2.    #2  
    bump.. please someone guide me how to fix this problem..
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    This is from another thread that DrewJohn wrote out. I tried posting the link but it's not working.

These are the steps I use to get rid of tweaks/patches/ bad installs/ themes /incomplete removals of the above. Do in this order. Stop when your phone is fixed. hopefully You shouldn't have to do all of them.

1) use webos quick install and go to tools/ device management/ look through the applications and also patches drop down menus on the upper right. tweaks/patches will be in both places. don't worry if an error come up while removing. it will remove it anyway. this works best when Preware say you have the patch installed but gives an error and will not allow removal.

2) run preware "emergency patch removal". it can be found on the preware app under linux applications. or just go to list of everything and type in the name. this will get rid of all patches. you will install it than remove it. it's very quick. if you still have problems continue on.

3) run web os repair utility. when you start the app go under options and pick override compatibility. This will get rid of all tweek/ patches/ errors and put you back to stock 1.2.1 without messing up any of your personal files. if you don't chose override compatibility the program will skip over your tweeks and not fix them. when you run the program be sure to choose to fix whatever it finds so that you don't leave anything on there that could be causing an error. even if you think it is working fine.WebOS Repair Utility

4) run webos doctor. Puts you back a 1.2.1 erases some things also.

these steps will get you fixed up. i suggest that you only load patches/ tweaks from one source. preware or quick install from now on.
    Only use #3 if it has been updated for 1.3.1. I'm not sure if Jason has updated it for 1.3.1 yet because Webdr for 1.3.1 just came out yesterday (The repair utility is based of the Webdr version for OS compatibility).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Run EPR immediately before or after an update... That is what it is there for, the reason for its existence

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    1) use webos quick install and go to tools/ device management/ look through the applications and also patches drop down menus on the upper right. tweaks/patches will be in both places. don't worry if an error come up while removing. it will remove it anyway. this works best when Preware say you have the patch installed but gives an error and will not allow removal.

I do not understand this? Are you saying that QI removes the package regardless of error? I hope you are mistaken here, because removing the package while prerm fails to revert the patch will cause many issues. It may not have negative impact after an OTA update when a package was completely overwritten, but prerm failing should not remove the package in normal operation.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    #1 solved my problem. It was uninstalled already but it kept showing and remove wouldnt help so I tried USB and WOQI removed it.

EPR - tried but it could remove this patch
  8.    #8  
    Thanks Preple I will give it a try
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I do not understand this? Are you saying that QI removes the package regardless of error? I hope you are mistaken here, because removing the package while prerm fails to revert the patch will cause many issues. It may not have negative impact after an OTA update when a package was completely overwritten, but prerm failing should not remove the package in normal operation.
    Eric,
    You probably know this by now, but yeah, QI and Preware behave differently when they encounter uninstall errors. If the problem is that an OTA update replaced the single target file of a patch, then I think uninstalling via QI is the best way to fix it. Perhaps in the future, Preware and QI could have options for behaving both ways...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    This is from another thread that DrewJohn wrote out. I tried posting the link but it's not working.

These are the steps I use to get rid of tweaks/patches/ bad installs/ themes /incomplete removals of the above. Do in this order. Stop when your phone is fixed. hopefully You shouldn't have to do all of them.

2) run preware "emergency patch removal". it can be found on the preware app under linux applications. or just go to list of everything and type in the name. this will get rid of all patches. you will install it than remove it. it's very quick. if you still have problems continue on.

3) run web os repair utility. when you start the app go under options and pick override compatibility. This will get rid of all tweek/ patches/ errors and put you back to stock 1.2.1 without messing up any of your personal files. if you don't chose override compatibility the program will skip over your tweeks and not fix them. when you run the program be sure to choose to fix whatever it finds so that you don't leave anything on there that could be causing an error. even if you think it is working fine.WebOS Repair Utility

4) run webos doctor. Puts you back a 1.2.1 erases some things also.

these steps will get you fixed up. i suggest that you only load patches/ tweaks from one source. preware or quick install from now on.
    Step #2 helped me remove all the patches but snooze duration was still in the installed patches. So I selected it and clicked uninstall. It gave me the attached error but then it was gone from the installed patches. I checked in Preware and it didn't show up. I am not sure if it was fixed or not.. but hey I don't see it in the list anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images