Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can someone add a Category field to each contact? And also add it to the search? For Example:

If I want to search for a person I start typing and the phone starts looking for it as I type. I would like to do that for a category. If I type 'leaders' then my pre will start looking for all the contacts that are under the category of 'leaders'.
    I know you can do that for the 'Company' Category but it would be nice to have a separate field for categories.

The Category field should be able to support multiple categories. Example:

John Doe is in the 'leaders' & 'family' categories.

Please let me know if I am not making sense.
    I maybe able to make this happen 2 ways either we can change the company line to say group and loose the comapny line or i might be able to add the group line along with the company line and it will search the same way.

The down side..... I dont think this is a patch that can be made cause it changes to many differnt files in the contacts app. to my knowlage a patch can only change one file.
    8 patches to get one result would be NUTS!!!!
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Who can do this?
    A patch can change multiple files.. lol.
  5.    #5  
    Can anyone do this? Is it possible?
    I tried I just got a messed up contacts page... Sorry
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    A patch can change multiple files.. lol.
    I have since been corrected on this. Thank you. Now get on showing us how to make this patch :4
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I know I miss the option I had on my winmobile device where each contact had a category field and it was a drop down one... But also an option to make custom label

It had family, Co-workers, etc. Was quite nice and you could SMS the group. I had one group labeled drinking-buddies. haha
    I would like this capability as well. I would also like to see the company name under the contact name when sorted by first or last name in the address book. Is that possible?
    This would be a great patch!

Is it possible?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Did anyone ever try to do this?
    Last edited by ospreyguy; 03/25/2010 at 08:25 PM.
    I am so desiring this as well.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Guess not...
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I'm a software engineer (programmer) for 30 years (some of it web programming) and I know HTML, CSS, object oriented programming and javascript very well. I'm using an address book under Classic and would very much like to enhance the WebOS Contacts app. I am willing to participate in this project. My problem is finding the time to get started. Is there anyone out there who knows enough about Mojo SDK and how to get started, and would be willing to tutor me so I can embark on this project? thorne
    contact categories and searches based on them are important. Can anyone help thornev?
    I just consider the 'Company' field as a place to put keywords already. That works well enough for now.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I'm bumping this thread up. I am so frustrated right now that I don't have categories any more. Argh... I need a beer.

Anyone? Bueller?
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I just consider the 'Company' field as a place to put keywords already. That works well enough for now.
    Fyi, the notes field at the bottom works as a keyword input too, if you just want keyword for searching.

I like the idea of having the ability to send text messages to a group with the standard contact app. This is one of two things I miss from my Alias.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    Fyi, the notes field at the bottom works as a keyword input too, if you just want keyword for searching.
    Unfortunately, I'm not seeing where this works as you say by using the Notes field.

However, a workaround in lieu of actual categories would be to use the Nickname field because I can confirm it is recognized by the Contacts app & the Global Search Assistant.

I'm sorrry, you're right it was the the nickname field I was referring to. My bad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast