Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here is an updated Roam only in Prefs patch....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by elryon; 11/24/2009 at 12:46 PM.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Here is an updated Roam only in Prefs patch....
    wuts the difference btw the one right here and the ones thats on preware which btw works for me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    hm... this adds the option in the phone prefs... the roam only option in the menu essentially does the same, but I thought I'd fix this one anyways.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Could you submit this one to preware?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    Could you submit this one to preware?
    did submit...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

I tried to install 'updated' patch via WebOS QI 2.9, I got several errors and it never was able to install. Can you provide any details on how to install? Didn't seem to work, or show up in installed patches? Any ideas thanks.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    I tried to install 'updated' patch via WebOS QI 2.9, I got several errors and it never was able to install. Can you provide any details on how to install? Didn't seem to work, or show up in installed patches? Any ideas thanks.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    do you have the old one still installed? you must uninstall the old one before updating... any other patches you might have?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    do you have the old one still installed? you must uninstall the old one before updating... any other patches you might have?
    Yes, I did have the old one installed, I wiped all old patches off before updating to 1.3.1. I have plenty of other patches working so don't think one is conflicting? Is there a way to get it off via terminal or someplace to look if anything is left over? I was going to switch to the patch on device menu but I don't use this option that often so didn't want it to clutter that menu.

Thanks for your help.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    well... until the doctor for 1.3.1 is released and Jason can update webos repair... have you tried epr? you could check if there is an identical file name with some .orig. in it and delete the old one and rename that one.... that 'might' do it unless its a file from 1.2.1.. then you might mess things up worse...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Why does the Roam Only option patch not allow EVDO? If I'm roaming while it's set to automatic, I can have EVDO and said roaming. Am I missing a setting?

There HAS to be a way to have my cake and eat it too.
    Nope...roam is only x1. You need to be on the Sprint network for EVDO.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I used EDR before installing new app, and I swear it worked a few days ago, but now the roam only patch doesnt seem to work. No roam only option I love this patch, I guess I will keep trying install and uninstalling until it work again.
    You can only roam on EV-DO in Verizon areas that were previously Alltel. Otherwise you can only roam on 1x.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    could you please let me konw why 'roam only' is so important? what can it do? Thank you.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I used EDR before installing new app, and I swear it worked a few days ago, but now the roam only patch doesnt seem to work. No roam only option I love this patch, I guess I will keep trying install and uninstalling until it work again.
    Mine stopped working after update 1.3.1 and Quick Install 2.9 as well! I know how you feel.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by try0625 View Post
    could you please let me konw why 'roam only' is so important? what can it do? Thank you.
    If you are in a poor Sprint service area, your phone will do all it can to stay on the Sprint tower. Even if it is 1 bar of service and the roaming tower will give you full service! So now you can't make or receive calls! Or you phone will jump back and forth from Sprint to roaming. The more your phone searches for its "Sprint" tower, without finding it, the more it drains your battery! Roaming only stops all that!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    If you are in a poor Sprint service area, your phone will do all it can to stay on the Sprint tower. Even if it is 1 bar of service and the roaming tower will give you full service! So now you can't make or receive calls! Or you phone will jump back and forth from Sprint to roaming. The more your phone searches for its "Sprint" tower, without finding it, the more it drains your battery! Roaming only stops all that!
    by roaming, you only mean phone calls, right? Can the data like EVDO roam too?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by try0625 View Post
    by roaming, you only mean phone calls, right? Can the data like EVDO roam too?
    You can also data roam, but only at 1x. It's fairly slow, but better than nothing.
    This patch is not working for me either in on a clean (no other patches) 1.3.1 device. It seems to install OK (no errors or warnings), but Roam Only does not show up in the phone preference options (just Sprint and Automatic).

My current plan is to wait out Jason's WebOS Repair for 1.3.1 and see if there are any files on my pre that appear to be corrupted.
    could anyone tell me if a real roam only patch has been made for 1.3.1, it was the one and only patch that kept me away from switching companies due to never having a constant signal in the area where i live. please please bring this back somehow. i tried the link at top of this message and got a error every time i tried i suppose you were to use it with the webosqi, please let me know if there is something else i need to do.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast