Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Tks Elryon. It did not finish the installation. do I have to uninstall?
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have tried this with and without any patches installed and it get errors saying that portions of this patch was detected.

I currently have the following patches installed.

org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-show-download-count - 1.3.1-10 - Show Download Count
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3 - 1.3.1-0 - 4x4 Icons v3
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-remove-icon-titles - 1.3.1-0 - Remove Icon Titles
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon - 1.3.1-0 - Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod - 1.3.1-0 - Multi Mod
    org.webosinternals.patches.calculator-enable-vibration - 1.3.1-0 - Enable Vibration
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-improved-filename-format - 1.3.1-0 - Improved Filename Format
    org.webosinternals.patches.email-enable-landscape-email - 1.3.1-10 - Enable Landscape Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-audio-video-attachments - 1.3.1-0 - Audio/Video Attachments
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-character-counter - 1.3.1-0 - Character Counter
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enable-personal-avatar - 1.3.1-0 - Enable Personal Avatar
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enter-key-for-new-line - 1.3.1-0 - Enter Key for New Line
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager - 1.3.1-0 - Unthrottle download manager
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log - 1.3.1-0 - Call Duration in Call Log
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-history-during-call - 1.3.1-0 - Call History During Call
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-dialpad-vibration - 1.3.1-0 - Enable Dialpad Vibration
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-match-state-to-area-code - 1.3.1-0 - Match State to Area Code
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-enable-led-notifications - 1.3.1-0 - Enable LED Notifications
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-reduce-minimum-brightness - 1.3.1-0 - Reduce Minimum Brightness
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd - 1.3.1-0 - Add Date - MM/DD
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-advanced-phone-menu - 1.3.1-13 - Advanced Phone Menu
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-brightness-in-device-menu - 1.3.1-1 - Brightness in Device Menu
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads - 1.3.1-10 - Video Downloads

I then tried to install it via root like this:

/:ipkg -o /var install org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact (1.3.1-13) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...3.1-13_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.postinst)
    /:
    /:
    /kill LunaSysMgr
    /:ipkg -o /var list_installed | grep patches
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-show-download-count - 1.3.1-10 - Show Download Count
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3 - 1.3.1-0 - 4x4 Icons v3
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-remove-icon-titles - 1.3.1-0 - Remove Icon Titles
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon - 1.3.1-0 - Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod - 1.3.1-0 - Multi Mod
    org.webosinternals.patches.calculator-enable-vibration - 1.3.1-0 - Enable Vibration
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-improved-filename-format - 1.3.1-0 - Improved Filename Format
    org.webosinternals.patches.email-enable-landscape-email - 1.3.1-10 - Enable Landscape Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-audio-video-attachments - 1.3.1-0 - Audio/Video Attachments
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-character-counter - 1.3.1-0 - Character Counter
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enable-personal-avatar - 1.3.1-0 - Enable Personal Avatar
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enter-key-for-new-line - 1.3.1-0 - Enter Key for New Line
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact - 1.3.1-13 - SMS Tone per Contact

org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager - 1.3.1-0 - Unthrottle download manager
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log - 1.3.1-0 - Call Duration in Call Log
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-history-during-call - 1.3.1-0 - Call History During Call
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-dialpad-vibration - 1.3.1-0 - Enable Dialpad Vibration
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-match-state-to-area-code - 1.3.1-0 - Match State to Area Code
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-enable-led-notifications - 1.3.1-0 - Enable LED Notifications
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-reduce-minimum-brightness - 1.3.1-0 - Reduce Minimum Brightness
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd - 1.3.1-0 - Add Date - MM/DD
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-advanced-phone-menu - 1.3.1-13 - Advanced Phone Menu
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-brightness-in-device-menu - 1.3.1-1 - Brightness in Device Menu
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads - 1.3.1-10 - Video Downloads

THIS seemed to work just fine....
    Preware also indicated that is was installed.
    However the functionality is not in contacts...

This was working fine for me in 1.2.1 with a lot more patches installed.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huytrang90 View Post
    Tks Elryon. It did not finish the installation. do I have to uninstall?
    no it should be fine, you could try though if it says it's installed....

Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I have tried this with and without any patches installed and it get errors saying that portions of this patch was detected.

THIS seemed to work just fine....
    Preware also indicated that is was installed.
    However the functionality is not in contacts...
    the one your using is the wrong version... wait for the next or use the one posted on the first page of this thread... it can be installed with wosqi...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  4. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    hmm... what error are you getting?
    It's a big huge error and I'm not sure how to get a screenshot on here...I'm attempting to post it here:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by k8e; 11/19/2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Trying to upload error again...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    It's a big huge error and I'm not sure how to get a screenshot on here...I'm attempting to post it here:
    too small to see, but I'm gonna guess it involves the same hunk error's in the notification_assistant everyone else is getting? maybe wrong version? hmm... try a higher resolution and repost...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

6. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    too small to see, but I'm gonna guess it involves the same hunk error's in the notification_assistant everyone else is getting? maybe wrong version? hmm... try a higher resolution and repost...
    I tried a higher resolution but it told me it was too big to post. I'm thinking it's the same hunk error's. I've been trying to load the version of the patch you have on the first page and that's what's giving me the error. Is there another version I'm not aware of?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I tried a higher resolution but it told me it was too big to post. I'm thinking it's the same hunk error's. I've been trying to load the version of the patch you have on the first page and that's what's giving me the error. Is there another version I'm not aware of?
    hmm... the one on the first page should work fine.... check the error again vs the one that others have been reporting.. if that is indeed the one then for some reason either the files are still the version from 1.2.1 and your trying to install the 1.3.1 version of this patch.... or you might need to redownload the patch from the first page and try again, maybe its the wrong version...
    if you can read the errors, what file is it failing on and line #?

other than that, try the new doctor for 1.3.1 that was released... and hopefully by then preware will have the real updated version up....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

8. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    hmm... the one on the first page should work fine.... check the error again vs the one that others have been reporting.. if that is indeed the one then for some reason either the files are still the version from 1.2.1 and your trying to install the 1.3.1 version of this patch.... or you might need to redownload the patch from the first page and try again, maybe its the wrong version...
    if you can read the errors, what file is it failing on and line #?

other than that, try the new doctor for 1.3.1 that was released... and hopefully by then preware will have the real updated version up....
    So I tried redownloading the patch from the first page and I still get the error.
    Here's what I get:

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundalertsconfig/soundalertsconfig-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behavior.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 438 (offset 2 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 364 (offset 15 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1002.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs

If I have to doctor my phone with the new 1.3.1 doctor (which I just downloaded in case), won't that wipe everything off my phone and I have to start fresh again? I've had to do that 3 times this week already....kind of a pain the ****. But I guess I'll do it if I have to. I love this patch and it drives me crazy that I can't have specific text alerts for specific people.

Thanks again for your help!!
    Okay, so I've gone round and round with this patch. It was all working fine but I had to go mess it up. I saw it was in Preware this morning so I uninstalled what I had working to load the "official" patch. When I read that it was an old patch I thought I'd just try reloading the .patch file through WOSQI. I haven't been able to get it loaded again. I ran EPR and tried loading it first and it gave me an error. I tried restoring the files it was complaining about and running it again and it still gave me an error. So I went ahead and loaded the rest of my patches. Everything is working great so I thought I'd try again to load it through WOSQI. Here's the error that I get.

Here's a list of the patches I have installed. Not sure it has anything to do with any of them since I couldn't get it to install right after an EPR.
    - 4x4 Icons v3
    - Add Roam Control to Prefs
    - Advanced Phone Menu
    - Battery Icon as Percent
    - Brightness in Device Menu
    - Call Duration in Call Log
    - Character Counter
    - Charging Alert Vibrate only
    - Close on hangup
    - Close Slider to end calls
    - Confirm Delete
    - dialpad tones off
    - Enable Add / Delete Pages
    - Enable LED Notifications
    - GPS in Device Menu
    - No Alert during call
    - Personal Avatar Left side
    - Simple Shutter sound Off
    - Timestamps - Clean

Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    ok.. that is a different error... the messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs $is$ $not$ $liking$ $the$ $patch$... $if$ $you$ $have$ $the$ $new$ $doctor$, $do$ $you$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $extract$ $a$ $file$ $and$ $replace$ $just$ $one$ $file$?
    also, do you have any other patches?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Okay, so I've gone round and round with this patch. It was all working fine but I had to go mess it up. I saw it was in Preware this morning so I uninstalled what I had working to load the "official" patch. When I read that it was an old patch I thought I'd just try reloading the .patch file through WOSQI. I haven't been able to get it loaded again. I ran EPR and tried loading it first and it gave me an error. I tried restoring the files it was complaining about and running it again and it still gave me an error. So I went ahead and loaded the rest of my patches. Everything is working great so I thought I'd try again to load it through WOSQI. Here's the error that I get.

Here's a list of the patches I have installed. Not sure it has anything to do with any of them since I couldn't get it to install right after an EPR.
    - 4x4 Icons v3
    - Add Roam Control to Prefs
    - Advanced Phone Menu
    - Battery Icon as Percent
    - Brightness in Device Menu
    - Character Counter
    - Charging Alert Vibrate only
    - Close on hangup
    - Close Slider to end calls
    - Confirm Delete
    - dialpad tones off
    - Enable Add / Delete Pages
    - GPS in Device Menu
    - No Alert during call
    - Personal Avatar Left side
    - Simple Shutter sound Off
    - Timestamps - Clean

Any suggestions?
    the no alert during call patch can be removed, it doesn't work and might be messing it up.. not sure. I'm still working on updateing that one.

did you 'restore' the 1.3.1 files or the old 1.2.1 files?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Restored the 1.3.1 file from the new webOS dr. I'll uninstall that patch and try again. Another thing I've noticed. I've used My Notifications to alter my notification sound to Kim Possible. I've used SMS to set my tone as Larry the Cable guy. Since removing your patch this morning, all SMS's get the default notification sound even though I've got an SMS tone set in the SMS app. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Restored the 1.3.1 file from the new webOS dr. I'll uninstall that patch and try again. Another thing I've noticed. I've used My Notifications to alter my notification sound to Kim Possible. I've used SMS to set my tone as Larry the Cable guy. Since removing your patch this morning, all SMS's get the default notification sound even though I've got an SMS tone set in the SMS app. Any ideas?
    something didn't get set back.. did you try changing it to something and then changing it back?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

14. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ok.. that is a different error... the messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs $is$ $not$ $liking$ $the$ $patch$... $if$ $you$ $have$ $the$ $new$ $doctor$, $do$ $you$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $extract$ $a$ $file$ $and$ $replace$ $just$ $one$ $file$?
    also, do you have any other patches?
    I do not know how to extract & replace files in doctor.

The other patches I currently have on my Pre are:

- Add Date - MM/DD
    - Audio/Video Attachments
    - Battery Icon and Percent
    - Capture with Volume Keys
    - Character Count
    - Confirm Delete
    - Default to Month View
    - Enable Add/Delete Pages
    - Enable Dialpad Vibration
    - Enable Landscape Email
    - Enable Landscape Messaging
    - Enable Vibration (calculator)
    - Hide Nascar App
    - Improved Filename Format (pics)
    - Just Charge by Default
    - Match STate to Area Code
    - No Alert During Call
    - Reset Scroll Position
    - Show Actual Battery Percent
    - Timestamps - Clean
    - Virtual Keyboard

It's a lot, I know, but I had all these and more before when it worked. I don't understand why doctoring my phone the other day made it not work anymore. It still worked the first time after I upgraded to 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    not really sure either... something got messed up... if you have 7zip, you can use that to access the files in the doctor... and then use webosqi to 'send' the files to your pre...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

I did try changing it to another one and then setting it back. Pretty sure it didn't make a difference. I'm in a novacom now looking at the files in that directory. The notification-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $hasn$'$t$ $been$ $modified$ ($doesn$'$t$ $have$ $an$ .$orig$ $or$ .$webosinternals$ $version$.) $I$ $wonder$ $if$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $extracting$ $the$ $file$ $correctly$ $from$ $the$ $WebOS$ $DR$ $file$. $The$ $one$ $I$ $extracted$ $has$ $a$ $date$ $of$ $9$/$29$/$09$ $and$ $a$ $size$ $of$ $22$.$3$ $kb$.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I did try changing it to another one and then setting it back. Pretty sure it didn't make a difference. I'm in a novacom now looking at the files in that directory. The notification-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $hasn$'$t$ $been$ $modified$ ($doesn$'$t$ $have$ $an$ .$orig$ $or$ .$webosinternals$ $version$.) $I$ $wonder$ $if$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $extracting$ $the$ $file$ $correctly$ $from$ $the$ $WebOS$ $DR$ $file$. $The$ $one$ $I$ $extracted$ $has$ $a$ $date$ $of$ $9$/$29$/$09$ $and$ $a$ $size$ $of$ $22$.$3$ $kb$.
    that would probably be the one from 1.2.1... do you have the doctor from 1.3.1? I haven't had the chance to check the new doctor...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

I thought I did. I've compared the file that I extracted and it's the same one as the one on my phone. I downloaded the new WebOS doctor this morning and ran it so it'd download the new image file. It seemed to store it in some java cache but I grabbed the largest file there and opened it. Of course it could have had the cache from the last update in there as well. I'll go looking again. Is there a direct link to download the the 1.3.1 image file somewhere?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I thought I did. I've compared the file that I extracted and it's the same one as the one on my phone. I downloaded the new WebOS doctor this morning and ran it so it'd download the new image file. It seemed to store it in some java cache but I grabbed the largest file there and opened it. Of course it could have had the cache from the last update in there as well. I'll go looking again. Is there a direct link to download the the 1.3.1 image file somewhere?
    I'm just guessing by the date on the file that it's the 1.2.1 version... I usually just use 7zip to open the doctor file as an archive and just keep digging... then find the image and copy from there to a specific folder so I don't confuse it with an old version I might have had... if that's what you did, then maybe the doctor is not the new one....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

20. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    not really sure either... something got messed up... if you have 7zip, you can use that to access the files in the doctor... and then use webosqi to 'send' the files to your pre...
    I do have 7zip! But I really need a walkthrough of what exactly to do and where to go and what files to extract/send. If you don't have the time, totally understandable.
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast