Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steves743 View Post
    Actually I think it's SMS per contact that's got me in trouble. WebOSRepair couldn't get rid of it. EPR can't get rid of it, and I don't know what to do next. Everything else seems to be just fine after repair. I dread taking it to the Dr., and I can't even get the latest upgrade to hope that will end my trouble.
    if you have the sdk.. you can get the files edited from there... until they release a doctor for 1.3.1....
    webosrepair needs to be taken out of compatibility mode in order to get rid of corrupt patches... but the current version will take your phone back to 1.2.1...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    No I'm on 1.3.1 How do I restore the files that are affected? I going to the Dr. wish me luck... Thanks again
    Last edited by Duggleluv; 11/17/2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggleluv View Post
    No I'm on 1.3.1 How do I restore the files that are affected?
    if you have webosdoctor... you can use 7zip to open the archive and find the files... then use wosqi to send them to the pre. Once there, you can use the patches I posted to 'restore' them to 1.3.1. At lease in theory. So far the only files that seem to be problematic are the soundsalertsconfig-scene.html and soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    I don't think anyone has had an issue with anything else other than the msgtones.html, but that can just be deleted.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Does anyone know why i can't install the .patch file in QI 2.03? It won't even allow me to drag it to the window
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMatt25 View Post
    Does anyone know why i can't install the .patch file in QI 2.03? It won't even allow me to drag it to the window
    Well the latest version for QI is 2.9. Might wanna check up on that.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    yeah..that did it..thank you
    Worked great. Thanks. I almost went back an update to get this back. I really appreciate it.
    I do not find this patch on preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfc View Post
    I do not find this patch on preware.
    coming soon. elryon submitted it already. I love this patch - Thank YOU!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    been checking Preware constantly and still don't see it. went ahead and applied with wosqi. installed just fine and it actually remembered all the settings I had before the update. Thank you Elryon!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Here you all go... should be working now in 1.3.1... let me know for sure and I'll submit it to preware...
    did test on my g/f's phone and it does seem to work, but I want more feedback to make sure...
    elryon,

I just instaled the patch and it works you are the bets. Thanks for all your work and time.
    I downloaded the attached file from elryon, installed on via OS X WebOS Quick Install onto my 1.3.1 Pre. Set a silent ringtone in Contacts for the contact for Twitter and news alerts (so my phone's not buzzing incessantly) and set a unique ringtone for my spouse. Works great. Thanks for the patch update, elryon!
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Does anyone know when this is going to show up on Preware?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I've noticed that in 1.3.1 the notification sounds (both email and messaging) are a bit clipped (I have blackberry notification sounds). Can anyone tell me if this patch fixes that issue and allows the whole sound to play, or if the issue persists even with the patch?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    I've noticed that in 1.3.1 the notification sounds (both email and messaging) are a bit clipped (I have blackberry notification sounds). Can anyone tell me if this patch fixes that issue and allows the whole sound to play, or if the issue persists even with the patch?

Thanks.
    This patch doesn't deal with that. I did find that if I put a few milliseconds of silence at the end of my mp3 that it didn't clip it as bad. It doesn't make sense to me but it worked.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    just installed the patch i only have the clean timestamp msging, and 5 x 4 icons patchs other than this and it made all my tones go mute...just uninstalled it checking now to see if everything is back to normal...any one have any ideas why this happeened?
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    just installed the patch i only have the clean timestamp msging, and 5 x 4 icons patchs other than this and it made all my tones go mute...just uninstalled it checking now to see if everything is back to normal...any one have any ideas why this happeened?
    are you updated to 1.3.1? and which version of the patch are you installing? the patches vs os versions are NOT compatible. Neither of the patches you have should interfere with this patch....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

18. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    After I updated to webOS 1.3.1, I loaded the updated patch and it worked without a problem. Today I had to doctor my phone, re-upgraded to webOS 1.3.1 and then downloaded the patch again....all the same way I did before. But this time, I get a huge error. I don't have any other "tone" patches installed, so I don't understand what's causing the problem. Any ideas anyone??
    Will you be submitting this update to WebOs Internals?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

updated phone to 1.3.1.. reinstalled preware but the SMS TONE PER CONTACT is no longer in the patches... are we going to see it back? great patch really miss it. any clues
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast