Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robtrot View Post
    even if I have to do the doctor on my phone again to get it to work
    well, get on with it then as nobody will give you an answer to your problem as there's isn't one (see previous posts), except doctoring, apparently. good luck mate
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    well, get on with it then as nobody will give you an answer to your problem as there's isn't one (see previous posts), except doctoring, apparently. good luck mate
    I think Robtrot has another option - in the last several pages of this thread, elyron posted which files are altered. You can restore them (I think it was 8 or 9 of them) with webOS QI from the correct Doctor version.

That's how I fixed mine when I had this problem. I extracted the files I needed, then sent them to the Pre, and deleted the one file elyron said the patch created. And I was fine after that (in my case, I reloaded the patch and it was working again). That was less work than doctoring the phone and reinstalling everything else.
    thanks a lot of
    what if Robtrot, or whomever, doesn't know what is a command line?
    Doctoring is an option that people seem to use as last resort. The process is quite simple and would guarantee a clean OS. It will save you time and aggravation of trying to troubleshoot stuck patches. I don't mind doing it at all now - I just do a little research on how to backup the data that's important to me and let the doctor do its thing.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Doctoring is an option that people seem to use as last resort. The process is quite simple and would guarantee a clean OS. It will save you time and aggravation of trying to troubleshoot stuck patches. I don't mind doing it at all now - I just do a little research on how to backup the data that's important to me and let the doctor do its thing.
    The only problem is that some users have doctored to reset for this patch - or for something else - and it didn't cleanly remove it. The last 7-8 pages of this thread have a handful of instances when this happened.

In those cases, you need to be able to go after the offending files - and remove the one extra file this patch creates (I think doctoring doesn't remove it). This patch has been a bit stubborn compared to others.
    Trying to test the patch on mine
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    The only problem is that some users have doctored to reset for this patch - or for something else - and it didn't cleanly remove it. The last 7-8 pages of this thread have a handful of instances when this happened.

In those cases, you need to be able to go after the offending files - and remove the one extra file this patch creates (I think doctoring doesn't remove it). This patch has been a bit stubborn compared to others.
    What I would usually do for stuck patches is doctor with 1.2.1 (this wipes out everything including media partition data). Then I doctor to the current version. Normally, just doctoring to the current version works for me. And with all the tools now to backup data with Preware et al, doctoring is a welcomed mindless task.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    If anyone else is looking for a way to fix their problem with this patch, give this one a shot:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html

Worked perfectly for me.

Note - today (7-12-2010) the 1.4.5 update hasn't rolled through yet for my own Sprint phone - I simply ignored that step and progressed through Rwhitby's directions.
    - AA
    I would really like to help, but I need more knowledge
    hey thanks great job
    Quote Originally Posted by AAHill View Post
    If anyone else is looking for a way to fix their problem with this patch, give this one a shot:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html
    meaning?

soooooooo tired of hearing what might, just might, uninstall this stubborn patch...
    I just wanted to share my success of using EPR to safely remove the SMS tones per contact patch. Had to re-install all of my patches once again, but that's better then having the old; wont install, uninstall, or remove shenanigans.

Feels like iv'e got myself a new phone after doing the EPR and then a battery pull. Runs a bit noticeably smoother than before now after that.

This time i'm going to try the SMS tones per contact V2 patch though. It's got some added features I like that this one doesn't. Unless they have been added since the last update? Or anything similar perhaps?

I feel kind of bad for the people still having issues getting that pesky rascal off of their phone smh
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Honestly, I've tried both patches. This one is less buggy (tones not playing in certain circumstances). I'm thinking of switching back.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I just ran EPR and EFV. It took about 25 -35 minutes to reinstall 71 apps/patches. Follow the instructions exactly from post #658, especially when you rune EPR (you must uninstall any themes). There isnt any heavy lifting. If you don't have Save/Restore installed, install and run it, backing up Preware. I didnt have to use it, but its the best insurance(free).
    Gracias por el patch solo si alguien me ayudaria a instalarlo porfavor, se los agradeceré infinitamente. Salu2
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I wanted to try to get this patch installed on my Sprint Pre when I found out that the v2 version seems to have "broken" my ability to assign a default message/alert/notification tone. I uninstalled v2 and have been trying everything I can think of to install this one. I get an ipkg error whenever I try. (Same result when I try to install the patch to enable me to assign separate tones.)
    I've tried all the "Emergency Patch..." and "Emergency File..." patches in Preware. I've reset Luna & Device numerous times.

Any ideas appreciated.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Does dis patch work on pixi as well? A bit new 2 all dis (though i have loaded a gang of patches, homebrew apps & themes 'prior' 2 me discovering preware)
    +1
    I keep tryin to download this and make it work but nothing comes up on my computer i click the link and then i hit open but nothing happens