Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Does anyone have, or know where to find the stock SMS ringtone on the Pre? I downloaded this patch and I made a change and I'd like to keep the stock SMS ringtone for most, and now I can't revert.

Tried removing the patch and it came back, but when I reinstalled the patch, the settings were what they were before I removed it.

Thanks in advance!
    What worked for me was to Run EPR from WOSQI. Putty into pre. Mount filesytem using mount -o remount,rw /. Then rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html.webosinternals.orig. Reinstall SMS tone per contact via WOSQI
    grlfury - thank you, however I went about it a different way - I found the notification.wav in usr/palm/sounds and copied it to my ringtone folder.
    OK, i have tried just about everything except for doctoring my phone (really want to avoid) and have found more problems now than ever. Ran EPR and went to add back all my patches and am finding more and more are coming back with error messages now. The one thing i noticed on my phone is that after deleting and messing around with the msgtones. patch stuff was now i can not get into my "sounds and ringtones" card on my phone because it is saying "template load failed: soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html" I then proceeded to add this file once again and it said i was successful, and still it doesn't work ???

Help.....
    Try running webOS Repair Utility (search the fora) with Override Compatibility (in Tools) turned on. This will find and replace corrupted files with the correct ones from the Doctor, but will not wipe out your apps like the Doctor would.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Sometimes certain files in WebOS 1.4.1 don't extract well for the Repair Utility - in my case, I had two files like that. I had to extract them manually from the the Doctor (I used WinRAR, but there are several programs which can do this), put them on my desktop, then send them over by WebOS QI.
    Thanks to both of you!!!!!!!!!! I will try this later today....It's good to know that there may be another alternative or two to just "doctoring"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Try running webOS Repair Utility (search the fora) with Override Compatibility (in Tools) turned on. This will find and replace corrupted files with the correct ones from the Doctor, but will not wipe out your apps like the Doctor would.
    Sorry but what version of WebOS Repair Utility are you running cause mine does not have that option to select under Tools....

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Sorry but what version of WebOS Repair Utility are you running cause mine does not have that option to select under Tools....

Vas
    I use v2.01 but there has always been an Override Compatibility option...I may have directed you to the wrong drop-down though. Check in all the drop-down menus and you will find it. Sorry I messed up.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I keep getting this error when I try to update or remove the SMS Tones per Contact Patch. I have had success with updating all other patches but this one. Any ideas on how to remove or update would be greatly appreciated.

Error: An error occured while attempting to run /temp/ipkgScript.Sh
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    unreversed patch decteded! Ingore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored --see webos-patches.log for more details
    dabombcra...

I got the same error.

I was able to fix this by following ELRYON's advice in a previous posting:

Here's another option, with WebOSQuickInstall to to tools and then linux command line...
    first, check if the back up's exist... copy (ctrl-c) and then past (ctrl-v) one line at a time and hit enter after each...
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.webosinternals.orig ] && echo "File exists" || echo "File does not exists"
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.webosinternals.orig ] && echo "File exists" || echo "File does not exists"
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html.webosinternals.orig ] && echo "File exists" || echo "File does not exists"

Now if each and all files exists still, we can replace the 'patched' version with the original by copy/pasting each of these lines the same way...

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.bak
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.webosinternals.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.bak
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.webosinternals.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$

rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html

now you can try the patch to 'upgrade' your chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $1$.$4$.$1$.$1$ ($if$ $it$ $fails$ $you$ $don$'$t$ $need$ $it$)
    Then try installing the sms tones patch.

I could only find the first three files (i got the "File exists" output when I ran the FIND function), so I reinstalled them per the instructions above. Then I was able to run TWEAKS, and uninstalled the patch and then re-installed the patch.
    my problem is I only used the sms tones for some contacts and I wanted all the rest of my contacts to be the default tone that I had under my preferences but only the contacts with tones play the others are silent. Any suggestions?
    I keep getting this error when I try to update or remove the SMS Tones per Contact Patch. I have had success with updating all other patches but this one. Any ideas on how to remove or update would be greatly appreciated.

Apply anyway? [n]
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I tried downloading and get error. IPKG Log says Postinst 1 out of 2 hunks failed - saving rejects to...

Anyway to get this patch uploaded via WebOS Quickinstall? Or email?
    I am sure that my issue is user error. I found that a third of the files exist. My issue is, I don't know what lines to copy/paste. At this point I want to get this off of my phone. -hould I copy & paste all of the lines?

Thank you for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebunny View Post
    my problem is I only used the sms tones for some contacts and I wanted all the rest of my contacts to be the default tone that I had under my preferences but only the contacts with tones play the others are silent. Any suggestions?
    Change the default tone to another audio file in the Messaging app then see if it works. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the patch. Have you tried restarting you phone too? It doesn't hurt to ask

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorieingram View Post

Apply anyway? [n]
    Look two posts above yours - a complete listing of the files that need to be restored is there, and elryon's post that's referenced several times in the last few pages discusses how to do this.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    so, i have had to use EPR a couple times and re-install patches. after EPR I have confirmed that the messaging tone option in contacts is gone. when i re-install this patch, it remembers the message tone I used.

how?

i have to say, i am VERY happy that it remembers because I don't like the idea of having to go back in and set them up again, I was just wondering how it remembers.
    It prolly saves them in the contact info for each contact...
    Installing the new SMS Tones per contact v2 solved all my problems; working great!!!!........for now.