Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    i have also been having trouble w this patch also and finally used webosRU to remove all patches. i have since reinstalled most all of them back. SMS in contacts is not listed any longer, but when i try to install i get this error (composited from screenshots). how can i fix this final file?
    thanks much
    Ev
    Have you tried this????

Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    After updating to 1.4.1.1, I too had issues with this patch. I could not update, install or remove it. I kept getting the 'Unreversed patch' error followed by a listing of various files. After several unsuccessful attempts at EPR and every other 'Emergency' script available as well as several unsuccessful WOSRU attempts, I found this thread...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-i-remove.html

Here's what I ended up doing....
    1. Run WOSQI version 2.96 to uninstall the patch
    2. Restart
    3. Use Preware to install the patch
    4. Note filename listed in the ipkg error log.
    5. Use WOSRU to direct replace the offending files.

In my case, the offending file was usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    which WOSRU could not find in the WebDoctor files. So.... I used WOSQI v3.02 to receive the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.webosinternals.orig
    from my Pre. I then renamed the file (remove the .webosinternals.orig from the filename) and sent the renamed file back to my Pre.

6. I then used WOSQI v3.02 (or I suppose Preware should work) and install the patch.
    Success!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    have you tried extracting all the files from a webos doctor and replacing those on the pre with the extracted ones? Don't simply delete the soundsalertsonfig-scene.html. you need this file for normal function. the only file this patch adds is the msgtones.html.
    thank you, finally figured out how to do that and it did indeed work.
    Ev
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I am also trying to reinstall this patch but I do not want to run EPR or the Doc. I tried removing it using Preware and WOSQI but I get an error. Also trying to update it causes the following error:

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting.

Prerm
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviours.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/view/edit/lists-fake.html.rej which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Bump...
    Do I need to delete/replace the conflicting files?
    Can someone answer this question please?
    Thanks
    Vas
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 04/15/2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: more info wanted
    After all of the troubles that I've been having with the patch I accidentally solved my problem and I think it was from this...

I connected my phone to my laptop and went for the USB connection as I was going to add a ringtone to my phone. When the main window for my Pre opened up on my laptop I saw a file that was labeled something along the lines of "webosinternals." I don't remember the exact name. Anyway, I opened up the file using Notepad. I just viewed the file and didn't change anything. What I saw were all of the patches that I currently have loaded on my phone. I then closed the file and disconnected my phone from my laptop. After performing a reboot of the phone I found the SMS patch began to work. Aside from my viewing the webosinternals file I didn't do anything to get it working. I had downloaded another patch after the fact, but it was unrelated to the SMS patch so I can only assume it's due to my looking around at the internals file.
    I have tried all the steps to get this off except the doctoring. My frustration is I love this patch however ever single OS upgrade that comes out I have to doctor for this one patch.

Being a developer I understand the challanges involved but Palm needs to bite the bullet and put this in the OS b/c this is common functionality for many other phones that are out there. That OR the developers need to figure out how to prevent this from happening.

Sorry I needed to vent and I'm sure I speak for many others.
    i just doctored my phone and now it wont work (was working before doctoring and doctorred because of something else)

this patch is always a tough patch
    when i did have it, it was a struggle to update, had to EPR
    now i cant get it back on the phone

whats the deal with this patch? why's it so difficult for it to work flawlessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Bump...
    Do I need to delete/replace the conflicting files?
    Can someone answer this question please?
    Thanks
    Vas
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2355138

hi,
    i think a slight modification of the above post will solve your issue. you have to have winrar (or an equivalent extractor program) extract the webosdoctor.jar file, then in that the webos.tar, then in that the .\nove-cust-image-castle.... file, then open .\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.soundsandalerts (or whatever folder your needed files are in).
    use webosqi to replace your current files with the original ones here.

now, this worked for me with one file (read my previous posts), so it may work with all of them- that seems to by what elryon says to do. it took me so long to solve my problem since i had no .orig files left and didn't know what everyone else meant when they said 'replace with the original files from webos doctor...' until i figured out where they were in that file.

hope this helps you solve this.
    Ev
    Last edited by everette13; 04/16/2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: corrected file name
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Please help keep on getting this error when I try to update through preware.

unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    prerm
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution
    Last edited by Jupiter600; 04/17/2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: hunk error fixed by earlier solution posted in topich(alert/tone notification patch installed)
    ive got this patch on my pre and its great, thank you. i have a question though. on my gf pixi plus, if i text her with a special tone for me it makes no sound, and just vibrates about a 1/2 sec about every 30-60 secs. same applies to any contact in her phone book. if there is nothing in the tone field, it will play the universal tone as it should. i have tried removing and reinstalling, luna restarts, full reboots, preware and webosqi. any ideas? IS PIXI PLUS OS 1.4.0 JUST NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SMS TONES PER CONTACT?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Finally!!! I got it working again, no doctor needed.. I was able to extract all the files from the webdoctor image and tar them up, transfer them to the palm through webosqi to a tmp dir.. chmod 755 them, tar them backup and un tar them to their right location.. may seem alittle roundabout, but it seems easier than one at a time through the webosqi.. anyway, after a reboot I was able to update the patch through preware and voila! back in action! Whew.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sratson View Post
    Finally!!! I got it working again, no doctor needed.. I was able to extract all the files from the webdoctor image and tar them up, transfer them to the palm through webosqi to a tmp dir.. chmod 755 them, tar them backup and un tar them to their right location.. may seem alittle roundabout, but it seems easier than one at a time through the webosqi.. anyway, after a reboot I was able to update the patch through preware and voila! back in action! Whew.
    Uhhh what? Just woke up and am sober for the moment so I understand how you fixed this not one bit.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    Uhhh what? Just woke up and am sober for the moment so I understand how you fixed this not one bit.
    If you are not a linux person.. I don't recommend it.. but basically, restore the 9 files the patch changes in the first place from the doctor image.. You can do it through the webos quick install or restore utility one at a time, just make sure you get all the path info right. Once the files are restored to their 'original state' the patch will install properly.

The way I did it was to take the files necessary, 'tar' them up (kind of like zipping them, but using a linux utility, with the directory structure intact), transfer the tar file to the tmp directory on the pre, then in terminus, extract the files, use the chmod command to change the permissions to their proper state (755), tar them back up, execute a mount command to make the main filesystem read/write, and extract them to their proper location. Since there are 9 files in several directories, it is easier that way IMHO.. but only if you are comfortable with the linux command line. After that, its a single reboot and then preware, patch.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sratson View Post
    You can also fix this problem if you have optware installed and then install WINSCP and SSH to you pre and use the SFTP interface to copy or remove whatever files you want.

This is how I did my fix before( three months ago ). I copy over the whole contacts app and messaging app and removed the messagetone file.
    Not sure if this is a new issue but too many posts to search...I have a Pre Plus with 1.4....patch installed fine, restarted and i am not getting the MSGTONE box when i try to edit contacts....am i missing something??
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    Not sure if this is a new issue but too many posts to search...I have a Pre Plus with 1.4....patch installed fine, restarted and i am not getting the MSGTONE box when i try to edit contacts....am i missing something??
    Sounds like your missing the msgtones.html file... try uninstalling and reinstalling. or if you know what your doing you can create the file based off the patch file...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    this was giving me crap for so long, I finally just ran the EPR and re-installed all my patches manually, then it worked, didn't need to doctor or anything though so it wasn't that bad, just did it while laying around on a lazy hungover Sunday
    It worked for me bt it only last like 3 seconds when it rings
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Elryon,

Do you have any reason to believe that after going through the extraction and inserting of the files process that installing version 1.4.1-3 will break it again? Preware tells me I have this update available but I'm a little gun shy to install it without some feedback first. The patch seems to be working just fine. I don't know what version 1.4.1-3 does that is different from the previous version.

Thanks for an awesome patch!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toburg View Post
    Elryon,

Do you have any reason to believe that after going through the extraction and inserting of the files process that installing version 1.4.1-3 will break it again? Preware tells me I have this update available but I'm a little gun shy to install it without some feedback first. The patch seems to be working just fine. I don't know what version 1.4.1-3 does that is different from the previous version.

Thanks for an awesome patch!
    It doesn't do anything different, it's just updated for the difference in line numbers and such. If you installed the old version it probably just installed with offsets which is no problem. Updating is up to you.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.