Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    No-one has contacted me about any of this except those with problems. But I also think it has something to do with the created files as that is where most problems happen. I also think that it might have something to do with the size and number of files affected, I think its one of (if not the) largest patches out there.
    There definitely does seem to be a corner case that's being triggered here. I think it might be a combination of all modified files being updated in the OTA, plus additional files that are not. An assumption of aupt has been that all files in a single rootfs openembedded package granularity would be updated by Palm in an OTA, and it may be that assumption is not holding here.

I know that Eric is aware of it, but he's fairly busy at work at the moment I believe.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I had a problem after the 1.4.1.1 update. I doctored, loaded the SMS Tones patch first, tried it out, it worked, loaded the rest of my patches. Took about 2 hours to get back to where I was before 1.4.1.1.

I guess you just have to ask yourself how much time you are willing to spend trying to avoid Doctoring? None of my files (pics, movies, mp3, Memo's) were lost after I doctored. It loaded 1.4.1.1. All of my apps and contacts were reloaded after connecting to my Palm profile. It was really pretty easy.

I think the patch is worth two hours of my time.

Thanks for a great patch, Elryon!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I agree this patch is worth two hours to reinstall everything. My concern is that after EPR or Doctor I still won't have any success as some have reported. It appears there is no other option, so I'll EPR today and take my chances. It would be nice if EPR remembered what patches it removed (and since I've never used it maybe it does) so re installation would be easier. As dina716 said, I wish I understood how these patches work but I am grateful others here do. The flexibility and usefulness the patch developers add to the Pre are what, IMHO, make the Pre so good. Having had my Pre since day 1 and enjoying the improvements of various major and minor OS upgrades, as well as the 110 patches, apps, etc. that I use, I think it's pretty incredible that a minor update (1.4.1 to 1.4.1.1) would cause so many problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerbe View Post
    It would be nice if EPR remembered what patches it removed (and since I've never used it maybe it does) so re installation would be easier.
    The latest version of Preware has a "Saved Packages List" which does exactly this.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    SUCCESS!!!!!

I was able to get the patch to load!!!

I had already "doctored" my fone once, but used an older version of it.

SO... I got the newest version of WebOS Doctor and here's what I did:

1. I ran WebOS Repair Utility. It took a while, but it fixed 3 files. (I didn't write down which ones... sorry.)

2. I then ran the most current version of WebOS Doctor (3.*)

3. When the fone came back up, I installed Preware first, and then SMS tone per contact was the first patch I installed. It worked!!!

I had the time to doctor my pre... so I didn't mind that at all. It saved me from more frustration in the long run anyway.

Elryon, this patch is worth it! Thanks for the hard work you've put into it.

(Now if I can get the disable-the-shutter-sound-permanently-patch to work, I'll be really set! )

Hope this helps someone!

Peace,
    bart
    Regarding the new 'saved packages list'....... Obviously the point of this is to help recover after an EPR or probably after a doctor visit. But, the info is only stored locally, correct? So in the event that someone replaced their device, this will be of no use, right? Or does the list somehow get saved with the rest of the Palm profile back up data?
    I've had the same removal errors as most folks here. Luckily I was able to fix it simply by installing EPR via WOSQI (remember you need to manually restart Luna, it won't just happen like it does when you install a patch via WOSQI). Cleared all the patches as intended, and then first patch I tried anew was SMS Tone, and it worked w/out a hitch. So if you're new to checking out this forum to fix this prob, you may want to give this a shot before going through the more complex options. (No idea if it'd work had I run EPR directly on the phone, using WOSQI was my first try). Time to reinstall the rest of the patches!
    i have also been having trouble w this patch also and finally used webosRU to remove all patches. i have since reinstalled most all of them back. SMS in contacts is not listed any longer, but when i try to install i get this error (composited from screenshots). how can i fix this final file?
    thanks much
    Ev
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I went through and restored all the files elyron listed a few pages back. I unzipped webosdoctor 4.1.1, the unzipped the file webos (i think, think it's under resources folder). Then I unzipped rootfs something castle something. All of the OS files are in there and I used webos quick instal to send the files one by one to the pre. I rebooted and sms patch instaled happily.

thanks for the amazing patch and for taking so much time to help us all out. Having now seen how many fils have to be touched by this patch, it makes the fact it works all the more impressive.
    I am also trying to reinstall this patch but I do not want to run EPR or the Doc. I tried removing it using Preware and WOSQI but I get an error. Also trying to update it causes the following error:

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting.

Prerm
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviours.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/view/edit/lists-fake.html.rej which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    re: #772
    i have also tried to delete this file (soundsalertsconfig-scene.html) with webosqi and it won't seem to delete. maybe it is in use by another program? what do i need to do to get this file corrected? see the above post for more error details.
    thanks
    I've been using webOS QI since about 2 months after I got my pre last July. I've always uninstalled my patches as warned in these forums. I noticed that when I began using EPR to remove patches, certains things still worked as if patches were still installed but no patches showed up in device manager list. When I got to the patch section of QI and check the patches to delete and then click on uninstall, patches were getting removed. Something wrong with EPR. This last update is used EPR to remove patches and some things still work without the patch being installed. I get an error when trying to install the Select Alert & Notificatio for contacts that say an error when trying to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh. The Alert, Notification, & Message selections in the Sounds section of the Sounds & Ringtones icon still show up but I cannot assign tones to any of these. Strange....... Either 1.4.1.1 messed thing up with EPR or EPR is not functioning correctly with 1.4.1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I too had the msgtones.html problem where it was left on the phone and I could not reapply the patch because it was already there.

The way I removed it was:

Connected Pre to computer

Opened Webosqi

Clicked the "Tools" tab

Then selected the "Delete File/Directory" option

A pop up will appear for the Delete File/Directory option

Leave the "File" option selected

In the path field type "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html" (no quotation marks)

Click on the "Delete" button.

The offending file was gone and I reinstalled the patch.

Hope it works for you too.
    Tried this and several other options - even the patch found here:
    Here you all go... should be working now in 1.3.1... let me know for sure and I'll submit it to preware...
    did test on my g/f's phone and it does seem to work, but I want more feedback to make sure...
    I have not had any success. I guess I am just going to wait this thing out like I have done with others in the past. Damn good patch,but when that update got sent, I guess I was one of the lucky ones whose patch somehow failed to recover.

I will be looking for future successful ways here from others post.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puyobwoc View Post
    Tried this and several other options - even the patch found here:

I have not had any success. I guess I am just going to wait this thing out like I have done with others in the past. Damn good patch,but when that update got sent, I guess I was one of the lucky ones whose patch somehow failed to recover.

I will be looking for future successful ways here from others post.
    more than likely it was more than the msgtones.html file... have you tried replacing them all? you can try these steps:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2355138
    two pages back from that are different instructions...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    O.K. will do my best and repost.

So I need to "make sure that those files are in my pre" by copying and pasting those files in via Linux command???

Thanks for quick response.
    WARNING!! Do not do this without uninstalling any and all patches that affect contacts, sound and alerts, or messenger!!

Here's another option, with WebOSQuickInstall to to tools and then linux command line...
    first, check if the back up's exist... copy (ctrl-c) and then past (ctrl-v) one line at a time and hit enter after each...
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.webosinternals.orig ] && echo "File exists" || echo "File does not exists"
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.webosinternals.orig ] && echo "File exists" || echo "File does not exists"
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html.webosinternals.orig ] && echo "File exists" || echo "File does not exists"

Now if each and all files exists still, we can replace the 'patched' version with the original by copy/pasting each of these lines the same way...

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.bak
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.webosinternals.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.bak
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.webosinternals.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$

rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html

now you can try the patch to 'upgrade' your chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $1$.$4$.$1$.$1$ ($if$ $it$ $fails$ $you$ $don$'$t$ $need$ $it$)
    Then try installing the sms tones patch.
    O.K. so I started on this journey and I kept getting either a "permission denied" or "original not found" are these the outcomes that I want after copying and pasting in these commands?
    So I can get some of them to show that they exist, but some are still not found. Dont know where or what to do next?????
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puyobwoc View Post
    So I can get some of them to show that they exist, but some are still not found. Dont know where or what to do next?????
    I would go ahead and replace those that had .orig files for them, basically run the replace commands for those files. then restart and try to install this patch.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

more than likely it was more than the msgtones.html file... have you tried replacing them all? you can try these steps:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2355138
    two pages back from that are different instructions...
    after EPR, don't have any .orig files left. i have tried deleting the file "soundsalertsconfig-scene.html" (posts 792 and 795) and can't get it to delete; i have tried every step noted in all related posts. could you please help?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    after EPR, don't have any .orig files left. i have tried deleting the file "soundsalertsconfig-scene.html" (posts 792 and 795) and can't get it to delete; i have tried every step noted in all related posts. could you please help?
    have you tried extracting all the files from a webos doctor and replacing those on the pre with the extracted ones? Don't simply delete the soundsalertsonfig-scene.html. you need this file for normal function. the only file this patch adds is the msgtones.html.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call