Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 889
Like Tree2Likes
  1. sratson's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu168 View Post
    SUCCESS!!!!!
    Using this method to delete the msgtones.html




    And what I posted before, I have SMS tone per contact back!
    Can you post a step by step on the fix?
  2. mauro1's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #742  
    so i installed this patch because I thought I'd go ahead and actually assign different sounds to different contacts, however I never did. I don't really use it and now that I'm on 1.4.1.1. I'm finding that it is messing up the the PreWare installs of multiple patches( which is very convenient). At this point I'd like to just remove the patch from ipkg because I trust that the update to 1.4.1.1 has essentially removed the patch in all but name. How would one go about doing an override-remove of this patch? I sincerely hope the answer is not EPR/re-apply and that would be major suckage.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  3. #743  
    I am having the same post 1.4.1.1 update issues. I am going to try EPR. this should be fun new ground to explore :-/
  4. #744  
    so I seen this patch was updated,so I tried,,it would not update. I tried to remove,it would not remove,so I bit the bullet and ran epr. Only took me about 30 mins to put my 40 patches back,including the tones per contact which is working fine now.
  5. #745  
    Finally ended up taking my phone to Dr to resolve this issue. With a "clean" install of 1.4.1.1 SMS patch applied perfectly and works great!

    Not happy I had to dr, but the back-up app makes it easy to do. Also directly downloaded all my homebrew to my PC for easy, one time install via WOSQI. Did have to get a few apps from the beta/web feeds.

    Strangely, even after a full (secure) erase, USB erase, and a DR my launcher pages still stayed, I have 5.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  6. #746  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Finally ended up taking my phone to Dr to resolve this issue. With a "clean" install of 1.4.1.1 SMS patch applied perfectly and works great!

    Not happy I had to dr, but the back-up app makes it easy to do. Also directly downloaded all my homebrew to my PC for easy, one time install via WOSQI. Did have to get a few apps from the beta/web feeds.

    Strangely, even after a full (secure) erase, USB erase, and a DR my launcher pages still stayed, I have 5.
    yea I had the same thing happen, I did a full erase and all but still had the battery precentage, sms character counter, 4x4 icons on page as well as some other things on there that never went away until after a full Doctor
  7. #747  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    so I seen this patch was updated,so I tried,,it would not update. I tried to remove,it would not remove,so I bit the bullet and ran epr. Only took me about 30 mins to put my 40 patches back,including the tones per contact which is working fine now.
    Lucky you! I've EPRd my phone twice and reloaded all 28 of my patches (including SMS Tone) and I still can't get that damned patch to work!
  8. #748  
    I get the IPKG Failure and I can see the log and stuff - I have gotten this in the past for other things and the only way I was able to fix it was to doctor the phone, I f-ing hate doing that, it takes a min of 2 hours just to get things back to normal again

    the log says many things but first off it says "Nothing Interesting" and says that in other places as well for other things - at the bottom it says

    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:
    Failure during pre-remove script execution

    there is more to it I can post if needed but I assure it is the same problem that causes all patches to fail in this way but I dont know what to do about it

    can I reach into my phone and rip out the files from the directory manually? if so how do I do that
  9. #749  
    You can try using Jason's webOS Repair Utility & 'Replace Specific File' for the ones that are modified by the patch & give it another try. Another option before Doctoring would be to run EPR to remove all patches & then re-install them.
  10. #750  
    Preware says there is an update for SMS Tone per Contact to version 1.4.1-3

    Do you have a changelog for this version? The patch I currently have installed (1.4.1-1) is working fine, and with all the problems we've been having lately with this patch, I'd like to know if it's worth the risk of me updating.
  11. #751  
    i'm still having problems with uninstalling it. tried the repair tool
  12. #752  
    Then you'll have to move on to EPR or Doctoring.
  13. #753  
    This version still does not update/remove the patch for me but it's not that big of a deal, it's just one patch, not worth going through all of the trouble of EPR'ing my Pre and then reinstalling 36 patches. Funny thing happened this morning, a friend text'd me and the ringtone that I had assigned to her rang thru, I opened up her profile in my contacts and there still was no section to add/change ringtones for messaging. Strange, lol.
  14. #754  
    Oh the joys of ANOTHER CRAP AND ANNOYING SOFTWARE UPDATE.

    All the patches have gone and I can't get one single one to reinstall. PALM, SORT YOUR SODDING SOFTWARE UPDATES OUT!!!!!

    Just spent the better part of 7 F**KING HOURS trying to set my phone back up to how I HAD IT BEFORE THE UPDATE, and nothing is working.

    I shan't be trying any more, I'm moving to iPhone whose software updates don't affect any of the Apps or patches!!! TAKE A LESSON PALM, IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR MARKET SHARE, HAVE AN UPDATE SYSTEM THAT DOESN'T COST YOUR CUSTOMERS A DAY'S WORK/MONEY TO UNSUCCESSFULLY SORT
  15. #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by missybev View Post
    Oh the joys of ANOTHER CRAP AND ANNOYING SOFTWARE UPDATE.

    All the patches have gone and I can't get one single one to reinstall. PALM, SORT YOUR SODDING SOFTWARE UPDATES OUT!!!!!

    Just spent the better part of 7 F**KING HOURS trying to set my phone back up to how I HAD IT BEFORE THE UPDATE, and nothing is working.

    I shan't be trying any more, I'm moving to iPhone whose software updates don't affect any of the Apps or patches!!! TAKE A LESSON PALM, IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR MARKET SHARE, HAVE AN UPDATE SYSTEM THAT DOESN'T COST YOUR CUSTOMERS A DAY'S WORK/MONEY TO UNSUCCESSFULLY SORT
    Are you seriously blaming Palm when your patches don't work? You understand what patches are, right?

    Why don't you describe what's going on and maybe one of us can help you? If it's really hosed, I'd recommend you do three things: 1) run and EPR and try again, 2) if that fails run WebOS Repair Utility and try again, 3) if that fails doctor it and try again. Be careful with multiple patches to the same part of the OS (e.g.: messaging or app launcher). You might try installing only one per category and then testing them to make sure they're working before continuing. If you can identify one problematic patch, consider going without. It's not that hard.

    Oh yeah, and see post #682.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

  16. #756  
    Quote Originally Posted by missybev View Post
    Oh the joys of ANOTHER CRAP AND ANNOYING SOFTWARE UPDATE.

    All the patches have gone and I can't get one single one to reinstall. PALM, SORT YOUR SODDING SOFTWARE UPDATES OUT!!!!!

    Just spent the better part of 7 F**KING HOURS trying to set my phone back up to how I HAD IT BEFORE THE UPDATE, and nothing is working.

    I shan't be trying any more, I'm moving to iPhone whose software updates don't affect any of the Apps or patches!!! TAKE A LESSON PALM, IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR MARKET SHARE, HAVE AN UPDATE SYSTEM THAT DOESN'T COST YOUR CUSTOMERS A DAY'S WORK/MONEY TO UNSUCCESSFULLY SORT
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL. You do know that if you have homebrew on the iPhone a software update wipes it all off? & you'll have to spend days getting all that content back. Enjoy that while we update OTA & then reinstall our patches thanks to the magnificent work of webOS Internals & all the other patchers.
  17. bridic#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #757  
    Had same issue as above.
    Installed update and lost the SMS tone per contact.
    Uninstalled the patch as normal, then did a phone reset.
    Reinstalled the patch and all is good now.
  18. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #758  
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu168 View Post
    SUCCESS!!!!!
    Using this method to delete the msgtones.html




    And what I posted before, I have SMS tone per contact back!
    Quote Originally Posted by sratson View Post
    Can you post a step by step on the fix?




    I too had the msgtones.html problem where it was left on the phone and I could not reapply the patch because it was already there.

    The way I removed it was:

    Connected Pre to computer

    Opened Webosqi

    Clicked the "Tools" tab

    Then selected the "Delete File/Directory" option

    A pop up will appear for the Delete File/Directory option

    Leave the "File" option selected

    In the path field type "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html" (no quotation marks)

    Click on the "Delete" button.

    The offending file was gone and I reinstalled the patch.

    Hope it works for you too.
  19. #759  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Are you seriously blaming Palm when your patches don't work? You understand what patches are, right?

    Why don't you describe what's going on and maybe one of us can help you? If it's really hosed, I'd recommend you do three things: 1) run and EPR and try again, 2) if that fails run WebOS Repair Utility and try again, 3) if that fails doctor it and try again. Be careful with multiple patches to the same part of the OS (e.g.: messaging or app launcher). You might try installing only one per category and then testing them to make sure they're working before continuing. If you can identify one problematic patch, consider going without. It's not that hard.

    Oh yeah, and see post #682.


    Thanks for taking the ****, but its not just the patches, its the apps, the data (the BACKED UP data) and the FIVE times I've had to start from the beginning again as I keep getting "you have to resign into your palm profile" which means i've had to start all over again....FIVE times. Describing what is happening really wont help as you all talk technobabble that no normal person understands. However, I've run EPR, i've installed LUNA manager so I can restart Luna, I've tried all the things you describe and its still FUBAR!!!!

    And fair enough patches arent suported part of PALM, but they know everyone has them and in my opinion ignore that fact and keep rolling out updates that are doing WHAT?
  20. toburg's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Preware says there is an update for SMS Tone per Contact to version 1.4.1-3

    Do you have a changelog for this version? The patch I currently have installed (1.4.1-1) is working fine, and with all the problems we've been having lately with this patch, I'd like to know if it's worth the risk of me updating.
    +++1

Posting Permissions