Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    In my case doctoring seems to be the only way out, nothing else worked, but I'm not happy to doctor my phone just for this one patch, I'd rather wait for OS 1.whatever that will be able to fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ego2001 View Post
    I just bit the bullet, and it worked.
    I ended up doing the same thing. (Running EPR, that is). Finally got everything working.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I got the patch to work the hard way. For my situation, I looked at the log file and noticed that the install was failing on two files. I copied the original versions of those files back to their original name then ran Preware again. This time the install worked and so does the patch.

There is nothing wrong with the patch itself, but somehow the upgrade failed. If you are knowledgeable in Linux, you can check the log file and see what files are failing. Then check for the *.webosinternals.orig if it exists then copy it back to its original name. Make sure you backup the current file just in case you need to revert to it. Also check to see if the patch exists in the apps directory. I didn't have it so I didn't need to delete it. Once I restored those files, the install worked perfectly.

Good Luck!
    No I'm not knowledgeable in Linux, if someone will in future post a solution I'll follow it.

As much as it might be irritating reading me "complaining" is as irritating reading posts of some know it all reminding you to use ERP, as if I never tried. The fact that developers do some stuff for free cannot be used as excuse, you have no eclusivity, I do stuff for free in my field as well but if it's not as expected I get a beating. Tough
    Beatings are never appropriate. Patches are inherently risky and you accept those risks when you install them. Throwing a baby tantrum when the risks are realized benefits no one. As you seem to be unwilling to accept any responsibility in this matter, I recommend you doctor your phone and abstain from installing any patches in the future.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Not reading (or using the search function) on a forum is never an excuse for posting the same question that has been mentioned several times (all within the last couple pages) either.

Getting upset because someone brought light to this fact, and then still offered a solution to assist with the problem is pretty absurd as well. What CAN be searched on a forum are posts that people have made. What CANNOT be searched are the things someone might have done in the past but failed to mention to the people that are being asked for help.

Based on the inability of some people to use the search function on this forum, I thought it would be helpful if I posted a link to the various webOS Doctor files that may be needed:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Had the same problem as others, just EPR and reinstalled and everything works fine!

On another note, I have had my Pre since day 1 and using Precentral soon thereafter. All the Devs and others on Precentral have done a great job at making everything usable by average joes like me. You guys are doing a great job!!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    For those still having issues of the patch not having been removed properly...
    Use WebOSRepairUtility to restore each file listed here (its under tools):
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2351657
    you can copy past each and restore them individually
    the msgtones.html file will need removed if it is there webosqi can do this via command line
    then to update the chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $to$ $1$.$4$.$1$.$1$ $use$ $the$ $patch$ $here$:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2351677
    hope this helps
    then you should be able to install the sms patch just fine

WARNING: Remove any patches that affect any of these files before doing this or you can/will mess things up! Best done after trying EPR and that not working.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Attempting to replace/repair the first file gave me the following "error" message:

WebOSDoctor found at C:\Users\Don\Downloads\Pre\webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    Loading connected device's build info:
    Device: Sprint Palm Pre
    Version: 1.4.1.1
    Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    ...loaded!
    webOSDoctor for: Sprint Palm Pre
    webOSDoctor of: 1.4.1.1
    webOSDoctor is compatible!
    WebOS ROM extracted to C:\Users\Don\Downloads\Pre\WebOS.tar.gz
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor
    ==============================

Thoughts/ideas???

Thanks in advance.

D
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    For those still having issues of the patch not having been removed properly...
    Use WebOSRepairUtility to restore each file listed here (its under tools):
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2351657
    you can copy past each and restore them individually
    the msgtones.html file will need removed if it is there webosqi can do this via command line
    then to update the chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $to$ $1$.$4$.$1$.$1$ $use$ $the$ $patch$ $here$:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2351677
    hope this helps
    then you should be able to install the sms patch just fine

WARNING: Remove any patches that affect any of these files before doing this or you can/will mess things up! Best done after trying EPR and that not working.
    I definitely don't mean to sound ungrateful in any way, however will there be an update anytime in the near future so all this is not necessary?

My husband and I used this all the time and it's really frustrating all the things I've tried to fix this (and time involved) to no avail. The information you provided above is beyond my understanding/ability level and I'm just at a loss.

UPDATE: I used the EPR and reinstalled SMS tones and it worked fine. Now I'm off to reapply the other 20+ patches I removed in the process.
    Last edited by kmpisme; 04/02/2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleD View Post
    Attempting to replace/repair the first file gave me the following "error" message:

WebOSDoctor found at C:\Users\Don\Downloads\Pre\webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    Loading connected device's build info:
    Device: Sprint Palm Pre
    Version: 1.4.1.1
    Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    ...loaded!
    webOSDoctor for: Sprint Palm Pre
    webOSDoctor of: 1.4.1.1
    webOSDoctor is compatible!
    WebOS ROM extracted to C:\Users\Don\Downloads\Pre\WebOS.tar.gz
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor
    ==============================

Thoughts/ideas???

Thanks in advance.

D
    I would continue and do the rest and try to see if that works, otherwise you can use 7zip to 'dig' into the doctor and extract the file manually and then use webosqi to send it to the phone.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Beatings are never appropriate. Patches are inherently risky and you accept those risks when you install them. Throwing a baby tantrum when the risks are realized benefits no one. As you seem to be unwilling to accept any responsibility in this matter, I recommend you doctor your phone and abstain from installing any patches in the future.
    Meanwhile everyone tells noobs that they need to install Preware and patch their phones before they even have a good grasp of webOS. Where does this end?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpisme View Post
    I definitely don't mean to sound ungrateful in any way, however will there be an update anytime in the near future so all this is not necessary?

My husband and I used this all the time and it's really frustrating all the things I've tried to fix this (and time involved) to no avail. The information you provided above is beyond my understanding/ability level and I'm just at a loss.
    The patch has been updated, but it will not set your files back. try to run epr first, if that doesn't work then you might have to do a little more unless your willing to run the doctor....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpisme View Post

if it would be easier, I believe the original files are still there. I can post a list of commands that can be copy pasted into webosqi's command line.... they would rename the current (most likely edited) files and replace with the backed up originals...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    as far as I can tell, the only file edited by 1.4.1.1 was teh chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $any$ $other$ $file$ $can$ $be$ $replaced$ $by$ $one$ $from$ $1$.$4$...

The files edited by this patch:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html (this is a new file created by this patch)
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs

hope this helps people, if you have downloaded version 1.4 of the doctor you can extract these files with 7zip and then upload them with webosqi to replace those there. You will want to remove any other patches that edit these files before replacing them. As I said before, the only file that had changes in 1.4.1.1 that I could find was the chatview-assistant.jsjsjs, $that$ $file$ $will$ $need$ $a$ $little$ $more$ $attention$....
    i think i reallllly messed something up... i EPR'ed... then w/ no patches i scan/repaired ... then i restored the individual files... now i STILL can't put this patch on my phone... what did i do wrong?
    Hi guys, noob here. I apologize in advance.

I'm trying to run EPR because i cant get passed this error in Quick Install when I go to tweaks.

Once it says to see the log, it just closes and I don't have the option to run EPR. Is there another way to access EPR?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    WARNING!! Do not do this without uninstalling any and all patches that affect contacts, sound and alerts, or messenger!!

Here's another option, with WebOSQuickInstall to to tools and then linux command line...
    first, check if the back up's exist... copy (ctrl-c) and then past (ctrl-v) one line at a time and hit enter after each...
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.webosinternals.orig ] && echo "File exists" || echo "File does not exists"
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.webosinternals.orig ] && echo "File exists" || echo "File does not exists"
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ] &$amp$;&$amp$; $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $exists$&$quot$; || $echo$ &$quot$;$File$ $does$ $not$ $exists$&$quot$;
    [ -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html.webosinternals.orig ] && echo "File exists" || echo "File does not exists"

Now if each and all files exists still, we can replace the 'patched' version with the original by copy/pasting each of these lines the same way...

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.bak
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.webosinternals.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.bak
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.webosinternals.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$

rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html

now you can try the patch to 'upgrade' your chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $1$.$4$.$1$.$1$ ($if$ $it$ $fails$ $you$ $don$'$t$ $need$ $it$)
    Then try installing the sms tones patch.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdigital777 View Post
    i think i reallllly messed something up... i EPR'ed... then w/ no patches i scan/repaired ... then i restored the individual files... now i STILL can't put this patch on my phone... what did i do wrong?
    have you restarted after replacing the files?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I got the patch to work the hard way. For my situation, I looked at the log file and noticed that the install was failing on two files. I copied the original versions of those files back to their original name then ran Preware again. This time the install worked and so does the patch.

There is nothing wrong with the patch itself, but somehow the upgrade failed. If you are knowledgeable in Linux, you can check the log file and see what files are failing. Then check for the *.webosinternals.orig if it exists then copy it back to its original name. Make sure you backup the current file just in case you need to revert to it. Also check to see if the patch exists in the apps directory. I didn't have it so I didn't need to delete it. Once I restored those files, the install worked perfectly.

Good Luck!
    When you say you lookied at the log file, do you mean the one that appears on the pre screen as the ipkg log? Is that written as a log somewhere for perusal. All I see on the Pre window are files that are unreversed patches with ignored hunks. It says that it saves the files to a .rej file, but I don't see those. Many of the files listed there do not have .orig copies.

And which apps directory are you referring to? The /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications ?

thanks for your reply,

db
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    When you say you lookied at the log file, do you mean the one that appears on the pre screen as the ipkg log? Is that written as a log somewhere for perusal. All I see on the Pre window are files that are unreversed patches with ignored hunks. It says that it saves the files to a .rej file, but I don't see those. Many of the files listed there do not have .orig copies.

And which apps directory are you referring to? The /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications ?

thanks for your reply,

db
    the log file is media/internal/webos-internals.log or something like that.
    if your in usb mode it will be in the main directory.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call