Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 889
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #661  
    Yep, add me to the "ran EPR then reinstalled my 33 patches" list. I, too, hope that at some point the webosinternals guys or Jason will be able to create a "choose your EPR" application, 'cause this is the only patch I ever have trouble with (NOT Elryon's fault!!!!) and it would be nice to be able to just fix this one.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  2. #662  
    I tried updating to new patch thru preware and got error. Also tried to "Remove" and got error. When I tried to install the above patch thru WOSQI I got hunk errors. Is there a way to completely remove the patch through command line and try from scratch?

    (using 1.4.1.1)
  3. #663  
    Hi,

    I've got problems with this and two other patches (Brightness in Device Menu and Names Pages in App Launcher).

    Manged to fix the other two by removing other patches that seemed to be conflicting.

    Tried that with this -removed all other obvious messaging patches but still can't update or remove it with either preware or quickInstall.

    A fix is needed ! Especially as this is the only one left that is stopping quickinstall from running correctly.
  4. #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I love that tone: beep mail motherf*cker! I am having the same issue here, looks installed but is not...
    Me too

    It's only ever been a problem when I forgot to turn my ringer switch off at work one day...oops!


    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    various things about the patch and why it didn't update properly
    First, an observation for you. AUPT worked perfectly fine when I updated from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4, it just didn't work for 1.4 to 1.4.1.1

    Second, I'm curious to know how it updated for you just fine when EVERYONE else seemed to have problems. What did you do differently from us?

    Third, thanks for the help on this. All of you developers are fantastic.
  5. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
       #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Me too

    It's only ever been a problem when I forgot to turn my ringer switch off at work one day...oops!




    First, an observation for you. AUPT worked perfectly fine when I updated from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4, it just didn't work for 1.4 to 1.4.1.1

    Second, I'm curious to know how it updated for you just fine when EVERYONE else seemed to have problems. What did you do differently from us?

    Third, thanks for the help on this. All of you developers are fantastic.
    It didn't, I got the same errors when I went from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4 and tried using AUPT (had to end up doctoring it), but this time I ran epr first and then updated and installed the patches. After having 'updated' this patch for 1.4.1.1 I can tell you that there were no changes that should have affected this patch installing. It seems that AUPT did not remove all the traces of this patch. Previously removal would sometimes leave the msgtones.html file and that would need removed manually, but this seems to be much more than that. I would simply post all the unedited files for everyone to replace theirs with, but I think Palm would not like that.
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  6. TheMacs's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    #666  
    45 patches here... this one the only one that balked... same errors as others... there HAS to be a better way than EPR of each and every one just to fix one that is broke... isn't there?
  7. #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    It didn't, I got the same errors when I went from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4 and tried using AUPT (had to end up doctoring it), but this time I ran epr first and then updated and installed the patches. After having 'updated' this patch for 1.4.1.1 I can tell you that there were no changes that should have affected this patch installing. It seems that AUPT did not remove all the traces of this patch. Previously removal would sometimes leave the msgtones.html file and that would need removed manually, but this seems to be much more than that. I would simply post all the unedited files for everyone to replace theirs with, but I think Palm would not like that.
    Oh. My fault then...when you said it installed fine for you, I assumed you meant using AUPT.

    Like I said, 1.3.5.1 to 1.4 went fine for me, but 1.4 to 1.4.1.1 did not...I'm happy to post any log files that you need to help solve the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    45 patches here... this one the only one that balked... same errors as others... there HAS to be a better way than EPR of each and every one just to fix one that is broke... isn't there?
    Unless I'm missing something your options are:

    EPR
    webOS Repair Utility (maybe? Has anyone tried this and it worked?)
    Doctoring and reinstalling.

    It's a pain, but it didn't take me more than 30 minutes to install my 30ish patches. You do realize that you don't have to restart Luna after EVERY patch, right? You can just say "later" each time and restart at the end.
  8. #668  
    has this been fixed for 1.4.1.1 yet? Love/need this patch
  9. TheMacs's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    #669  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Unless I'm missing something your options are:

    EPR
    webOS Repair Utility (maybe? Has anyone tried this and it worked?)
    Doctoring and reinstalling.

    It's a pain, but it didn't take me more than 30 minutes to install my 30ish patches. You do realize that you don't have to restart Luna after EVERY patch, right? You can just say "later" each time and restart at the end.

    Tried WOSRU, no luck. (Did repair/replace other stuff, so not a total waste of time )

    Yeah, I know I can do them all, then restart once. I prefer to do them in smaller increments though - in case something goes really wrong, I'll know it was one of the last 3-4 I just put in place. EPR is probably my next step, if I so desire... You left out another option, which is do nothing.

    Dcotoring is definitely last on the list.

    Would really like to see the ability to EPR specific patches - that would be nice. This is the first time this patch has affected me, but it seems like it has had problems in the past with webos upgrades... I'd think the developer would address.
  10. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #670  
    This patch would not install for me either after the 1.4.1.1 update.

    I would get an error stating that the file msgtones.html already existed.

    I ran EPR and still got the error.

    I used webosqi to manually uninstall msgtones.html file then installed, via webosqi, the download elryon posted in post #658 and the patch is working fine for me.
  11. #671  
    After using WebOS Repair Utility for 1.4.1.1 with the option to remove all patches, i tried to install SMS Tone Per Contact patch and received the following error message:

    "ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details"


    Can someone please advise how to fix this? Thanks!
  12. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by k-wow View Post
    After using WebOS Repair Utility for 1.4.1.1 with the option to remove all patches, i tried to install SMS Tone Per Contact patch and received the following error message:

    "ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details"


    Can someone please advise how to fix this? Thanks!
    Can you look in the webo-os patches.log and see the details?
  13. #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    Can you look in the webo-os patches.log and see the details?
    here you go...

    Installation FAILED!
    ----------------------------------
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact:
    md5sums
    messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
  14. #674  
    Have you tried Emergency Patch Recovery yet?
  15. #675  
    I've read a lot of posts but none regarding my issue, the patch is installed and doesn't work, can't be updated and can't be uninstalled either, this since many months ago! Will I ever be able to use this patch again? No point in developing a wonderful patch (like this one is) if it don't work for 50% of users....
  16. #676  
    You didn't read very well then.

    I had this EXACT problem (as did many others). We all had to use EPR to remove ALL patches and then reinstall ALL our patches.
  17. ashi's Avatar
    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #677  
    EPR, then reinstalled my 38 usual patches, and a few more. Works fine, but that took a while.
  18. #678  
    Have you tried Jason's webOS Repair Utility?

    It MIGHT be able to fix this. If EPR failed and WOSRU fails, then all you're left with is doctoring.
  19. #679  
    Some of you folks need to relax and take a deep breath. Remember that you're dealing with a patch, not licensed, company-supported software. And remember that it was provided to you for free, to use at your own risk.

    When you patch code, you may get unexpected or undesirable results. Sometimes you may even need to wipe the slate clean and do it over again. The process can be frustrating, but you should not take your frustrations out on the developer, his work, or this forum thread.

    As a developer myself, and I speak only for myself, I am much less inclined to help those who only show up to complain, don't provide helpful diagnostic information, forget to say please and thank you, and aren't willing to invest their own time and effort yet demand my time as though it isn't every bit as precious.

    End of announcement. I now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion....
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

  20. #680  
    Very well said.

    I was just beginning to type up a response similar to that and you beat me to it.

Posting Permissions