Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Maybe the good folks at WebOS Internals who make preware or Jason, can come up with something that just restores the three files this patch changes, kind of like a limited epr... so we don't have to reinstall all the other patches.
    Short of that, is running EPR going to be my only option for getting this patch working again?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Running wosru will not change patched files unless you do it with compatibility mode off.
    I ran it with compat turned off. still having the same problem.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I ran WOSRU with compatibility mode off and it DID NOT change the issue. I also ran EPR on preware and WOSQI, if have got one last bit that will not be removed...in the mean time i cannot reinstall the patch. I really do not want to run WebOSDoc on this so I guess I have to go without that patch....everything else works fine though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Short of that, is running EPR going to be my only option for getting this patch working again?
    I just bit the bullet, and it worked.
    Giving EPR through WOSQI a try, I want to avoid seeing the "doctor"

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I tried that butters, it did not work for me, hope you have more luck. it's not worth doctoring in my opinion, I will just leave it and enjoy the other patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Giving EPR through WOSQI a try, I want to avoid seeing the "doctor"
    Still did not work...

So far i have ran WOSRU (comp. off), and EPR without luck. I guess I will wait for an update from the authors. I know that it has been said that the patch itself it working fine, but Obviously there is a problem, and it is happening to may users.

This needs to be addressed/fixed. Thanks in advance for your hard work on this!

Just as a side note, I have has issues with this patch on every update Palm has done. My irritation does not fall on the authors of the patch but more with Palm. This is a basic feature, and it obviously can be added to function within webOS. And it should have been by now, they easily added LED notifications, why are they not taking "our" (thank you Devs) ideas and using them to better the OS?
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/01/2010 at 04:11 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Add me to the list too. Same errors. PIA. I'll wait a bit as well.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Can we get a link to the most recent patch on the OP?
    Searching through this thread is kind of a PITA.
    i ran EPR... still doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Can we get a link to the most recent patch on the OP?
    Searching through this thread is kind of a PITA.
    I didn't see any links to the latest in this thread.

SMS Tone Per Contact: http://ipkg3.preware.org/feeds/webos....4.1-1_all.ipk

EPR (not sure if this will work via webOSQuickInstall): http://ipkg3.preware.org/feeds/webos..._2.1.1_all.ipk
    having problems with it too should i just wait for the update?
    having problems too should I just wait for a fix
    I also tried EPR with no success. I finally decided to doctor it, and it works fine now. This is one of my favorite patches. My wife's incoming texts I know because of the tone without even looking at the notification. All others I give another tone.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Still did not work...

So far i have ran WOSRU (comp. off), and EPR without luck. I guess I will wait for an update from the authors. I know that it has been said that the patch itself it working fine, but Obviously there is a problem, and it is happening to may users.

This needs to be addressed/fixed. Thanks in advance for your hard work on this!

Just as a side note, I have has issues with this patch on every update Palm has done. My irritation does not fall on the authors of the patch but more with Palm. This is a basic feature, and it obviously can be added to function within webOS. And it should have been by now, they easily added LED notifications, why are they not taking "our" (thank you Devs) ideas and using them to better the OS?
    I couldn't agree with you more, Palm is "screwing the pooch" by not doing what Jason and these other great devs are doing, and include these basic smartphone functions into webOS!

Not having this feature is making me hate this phone,... again! knowing who is texting me by the message tone is so basic, but so important, and useful on a daily basis. Not having it today was such a PITA! having to check the phone every time I got a text, aaarrrghh!

This feature , (and many,many more patches), should be part of the OS!!!

In June, I think my 10 year relationship w/ Palm is going to have to end. sigh.
    Yep, thus far only patch that did not update for neither out of like 35.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here is an updated version for 1.4.1.1 for those who were asking for it....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    as far as I can tell, the only file edited by 1.4.1.1 was teh chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $any$ $other$ $file$ $can$ $be$ $replaced$ $by$ $one$ $from$ $1$.$4$...

The files edited by this patch:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html (this is a new file created by this patch)
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs

hope this helps people, if you have downloaded version 1.4 of the doctor you can extract these files with 7zip and then upload them with webosqi to replace those there. You will want to remove any other patches that edit these files before replacing them. As I said before, the only file that had changes in 1.4.1.1 that I could find was the chatview-assistant.jsjsjs, $that$ $file$ $will$ $need$ $a$ $little$ $more$ $attention$....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here is a patch that lists the changes from 1.4 to 1.4.1.1 it can be used to patch a 1.4 version of the file to 1.4.1.1
    a more optimal way would be to apply the changes with a text editor and then upload with webosqi, then you can apply the sms patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

um......ya, i think it might be easier to just run EPR and reinstall all the patches. That seems like A LOT of work.