Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    @elryon: Mine failed also in update. I tried removing it, which failed also. Here are the details from webos-patches.log:

----------------------------------
    Removal FAILED!
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact:
    md5sums
    messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    I don't know why I didn't think of this last night, but I just checked my Sounds and Ringtones and it LOOKS like the patch is still installed, but it doesn't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I, too, had to EPR to get this patch to install. The placeholder AUPT would not install. What is more concerning is I could not uninstall. I have no idea why. I did uninstall all other Messaging related patches, but still could not uninstall this patch. Thank goodness EPR worked.

This capability provided by this patch is too important for me to live without. Reinstalling 45 patches is a pain (especially after installing 44 AUPT placeholders), but it is better than doctoring.

Thanks for this patch. Hopefully the update / uninstall issues can be resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    @elryon: Mine failed also in update. I tried removing it, which failed also. Here are the details from webos-patches.log:

Removal FAILED!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact:
    md5sums
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Mine said the same thing what i did was ran the EPR which is in preware just search Epr and it will pop up, just run that and it removes all patches and then you just reinstall them and the sms tone per contact patch will work.
    Creator of the Family Guy Theme and Miami Heat Theme, Will take request with donations
    what i usually do is remove all patches having to do with the messaging app and download that one first (sms tones per contact)
    OK...I ended up doing an EPR and reinstalling everything as well. I have no idea what caused the AUPT error.

Just an FYI to anyone that might be curious I reinstalled all of my patched in alphabetical order...so I didn't try anything special there.
    Mine won't update or remove either. Will there be an newer version that will allow it to update properly, or is running EPR my only option?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I had to resort to using the EPR (search for "Emergency Patch Recovery" not "EPR"). It sucks having to reinstall patches, but as long as it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by egingell View Post
    I had to resort to using the EPR (search for "Emergency Patch Recovery" not "EPR"). It sucks having to reinstall patches, but as long as it works.
    This is what I want to know too. Sometimes it pays to be patient.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    OK, add me to the list of those who used EPR. But I had to do it do get a couple of other patches to reinstall, too...

(can't remember which, I've been abusing Preware since early this morning )

Cheers,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    I Bogarted it with EPR, and now I am back in business.
    "When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it!"
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    this and No Auto-off while Charging were the only 2 that failed.

I really hate the thought of running EPR, and then have to reinstall 30 patches one by one just because these two failed.

I can't understand why they just can't be removed?

I am really missing SMS Tones per Contact. I have no idea who is texting me!

I'm not liking Palm right now - we shouldn't have to patch the phone all to h e l l, just to have basic functionality.

...wish I had the time to spend all morning abusing Preware... ;-) , I'm just too damm busy, to find the time, to get my phone working like a smart phone should in the first place.
    I used Jason's webOSRepair utility, it removed all my patches, but when I went to reinstall SMS per contact it still gave me an error. When I go to sounds and ring-tones the three boxes are still there but I cannot select them, also there is no option to select a tone in the contact.

It appears to be highly fragmented, I cannot install, or uninstall

Quote Originally Posted by PATCH LOG
    PATCH INSTALLATION Thu Apr 1 10:56:06 PDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact/messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 278 (offset 2 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 65 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 292 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 579 (offset 20 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 426 with fuzz 2 (offset -10 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 363 (offset 9 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 1000 (offset -2 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.

Installation FAILED!
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html.rej
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/01/2010 at 02:36 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Tack on another "I did EPR and then reinstalled patches" comment.
    I take pictures both under water and above. I talk about a bunch of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I don't know why I didn't think of this last night, but I just checked my Sounds and Ringtones and it LOOKS like the patch is still installed, but it doesn't work.
    I love that tone: beep mail motherf*cker! I am having the same issue here, looks installed but is not...
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/01/2010 at 02:37 PM.

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    same exact issues..SMS Tone and Auto Off are only patches not working..i have about 35 patches and want to avoid EPRing..I'll wait a few days to see if there is a AUPT patch to remove and re-install..I can manage for now
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    It seems AUPT is not actually 'unpatching' this patch correctly but it removing the data that says the patch is there. The patch itself is fine and will install fine if the files aren't already patched. I'm not sure there is anything short of restoring the original files that can be done (that is what epr does I think). Maybe the good folks at WebOS Internals who make preware or Jason, can come up with something that just restores the three files this patch changes, kind of like a limited epr... so we don't have to reinstall all the other patches.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I used Jason's webOSRepair utility, it removed all my patches, but when I went to reinstall SMS per contact it still gave me an error. When I go to sounds and ring-tones the three boxes are still there but I cannot select them, also there is no option to select a tone in the contact.

I appears to be highly fragmented, I cannot install, or uninstall
    Running wosru will not change patched files unless you do it with compatibility mode off.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Running wosru will not change patched files unless you do it with compatibility mode off.
    I ran it will compatibility turned off, It should have erased everything, but some fragments got left behind.

I had to re-install all my other patches. which was relatively easy thanks to WOSQI's repository. This was the only one that had an issue, all of rest reapplied fine.

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    It seems AUPT is not actually 'unpatching' this patch correctly but it removing the data that says the patch is there. The patch itself is fine and will install fine if the files aren't already patched. I'm not sure there is anything short of restoring the original files that can be done (that is what epr does I think). Maybe the good folks at WebOS Internals who make preware or Jason, can come up with something that just restores the three files this patch changes, kind of like a limited epr... so we don't have to reinstall all the other patches.
    What are the three files, Maybe I can just into through WOSRU and just replace them?
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/01/2010 at 02:47 PM.