Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Yeah so did I keith, as per "advice" to un-install patches before the 1.4 update.....it appears people that n-instal haven't' had this problem. I think there are enough peopole having issues to hopefully get someone to re-write this? I've done a full erase today and when the phone came back online a lot of the patches and app were still there. I'm getting fed up now.
    Mine has been working great matter of fact i just added a new tone to a new contact
    There's always next year!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I left all of my patches on during the 1.4 upgrade and used preware and AUPT to update the patches but I did my patch updates on the Saturday of 1.4 and everything was overloaded so when I did the SMS update I don't think it went right. That's why I did the uninstall and reinstall.
    I just tried to install this patch and I am having an issue using Preware to get it installed.

I just posted this in the Preware thread:

I keep getting an error on installation.

It says: 1 out 1 hunk Failed - saving rejects to file /usr/palm/applicatons/com.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$

I should point out that I do have the Messaging Plugins install so I can do MSN Live.

I made sure I uninstalled the Select Alert and Notification Tones patch (as the two can't be installed at the same time) which was able to install originally. But as I said I knew I had to remove that before trying the SMS Tones per Contact Patch.

Thanks for the help.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Thank you for posting this thread! I'm so grateful there is a patch for this, I just switched over from a HTC Touch and was worried I'd have to purchase another Tones Application for my Palm.

Took awhile to figure out how to install it but I finally got it! Seems to be working perfectly! Just confused in regards to the difference between alert and notification tones.
    OK people. For those of you who have been getting the error installing message, I might have a solution.

I'm not sure why or how this works, but maybe by doing this it overwrites some script that was causing the post install script to fail.

OK here goes.

Use Preware and have Luna Manager installed (another patch)

Install "Select Alert and Notification Tones"
    DO NOT RESTART LUNA WHEN PROMPTED, just select LATER
    Immediately Uninstall "Select Alert and Notification Tones"
    Again DO NOT RESTART LUNA.
    Install "SMS Tones per Contact"

This should have then installed itself OK and you can restart LUNA.

I dont know if this will work for you all, but I think that for those of you who were getting the post install error message that I was it may be worth a try. Maybe by not restarting Luna the Select Alerts and Notifications leave something in the area that it writes the SMS Tones patch too that was blocking it before......OK that's not making sense....lol. Whatever, I hope it works for you guys.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by missybev View Post
    OK people. For those of you who have been getting the error installing message, I might have a solution.

I'm not sure why or how this works, but maybe by doing this it overwrites some script that was causing the post install script to fail.

OK here goes.

Use Preware and have Luna Manager installed (another patch)

Install "Select Alert and Notification Tones"
    DO NOT RESTART LUNA WHEN PROMPTED, just select LATER
    Immediately Uninstall "Select Alert and Notification Tones"
    Again DO NOT RESTART LUNA.
    Install "SMS Tones per Contact"

This should have then installed itself OK and you can restart LUNA.

I dont know if this will work for you all, but I think that for those of you who were getting the post install error message that I was it may be worth a try. Maybe by not restarting Luna the Select Alerts and Notifications leave something in the area that it writes the SMS Tones patch too that was blocking it before......OK that's not making sense....lol. Whatever, I hope it works for you guys.

B
    This worked for me! Many thanks!
    Excellent, I'm so glad it worked for someone else.
    I cannot get this patch to install, or Select Alerts and Notifications [not at the same time]. I ran EPR, even did a full erase to completely remove any and all patches. I even ran the manual linux code, just to make sure. I still cannot get either one to install, I get a post-install error [reversed patch detected].

Any thoughts?
    Have you got My Notifications installed?

I would maybe just play around with installing and uninstalling the patches. Use Preware as this was the only way I got it to work.

SOrry I can't be any more help, I think it was more fluke that it worked for me.
    No, I do not. I uninstalled every patch, tried SMS, no luck. Ran RU, tried the patch, no luck. Completely doctored the phone, including deleting all the USB drive, tried the patch, no go. I am stumped.

Edit: It turns out I still have the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html file still on my phone, somehow. But QI will not let me delete it.

If the developer of the patch could provide a specific list of the files that the patch creates/modifies so I could remove them by hand, that would be great.
    \
    Son of Edit: Went through the patch logs, pulled the files that had failed hunks. All but three were found in the doctor and restored. Still no luck. Uploaded a zip of the log, to see if anyone can help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by laelipoo; 03/23/2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: More info
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    No, I do not. I uninstalled every patch, tried SMS, no luck. Ran RU, tried the patch, no luck. Completely doctored the phone, including deleting all the USB drive, tried the patch, no go. I am stumped.

Edit: It turns out I still have the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html file still on my phone, somehow. But QI will not let me delete it.

If the developer of the patch could provide a specific list of the files that the patch creates/modifies so I could remove them by hand, that would be great.
    \
    Son of Edit: Went through the patch logs, pulled the files that had failed hunks. All but three were found in the doctor and restored. Still no luck. Uploaded a zip of the log, to see if anyone can help.
    QI should be able to delete the file, what is the command line you used to remove the msgtones.html?

this should do it:
    with wosqi.. go to Tools.. Linux Command Line....
    then copy paste this and hit enter:

rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    QI should be able to delete the file, what is the command line you used to remove the msgtones.html?

this should do it:
    with wosqi.. go to Tools.. Linux Command Line....
    then copy paste this and hit enter:

rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html
    That is exactly what I did, thanks to the list of commands on Web OS Internals' wiki. It didn't remove itself, so I ended up doctoring, and am now about to re-enable my patches. But thanks for trying. I'm not sure when the error happened--if it was part of AUPT from updating to 1.4 or not. It may have just taken me a while to notice.
    hi,
    I am a frequent user of this patch and since the other day after the upgrade I am having a hard time getting it to work.
    Can you help because I really love this patch.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus7a8 View Post
    hi,
    I am a frequent user of this patch and since the other day after the upgrade I am having a hard time getting it to work.
    Can you help because I really love this patch.
    I can try... what's been going on?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    I ended giving up until the next upgrade which should be soon (1.4.1).

Then I'll just doctor the phone.

Rob
    Does anyone have the original Notification tone for sms and messaging. i dont seem to have it anymoe after this patch. Under preferences it just says pick an message for the tone. I want to assign the original tone back for the overall tone. My SMS tones per caontact are working fine but if i dont have one assigned i dont get any to at all.
    ^Use the homebrew app "MyNotifications" to reset the alert and notification tones back to default.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Does anyone have the original Notification tone for sms and messaging. i dont seem to have it anymoe after this patch. Under preferences it just says pick an message for the tone. I want to assign the original tone back for the overall tone. My SMS tones per caontact are working fine but if i dont have one assigned i dont get any to at all.
    Just had this exact issue and described above, download MyNotifications from Preware. It will solve that issue.
    Just chiming in to let you know that I get an error when I try to update this patch for 1.4.1.1. AND when I try to remove it completely.

Let me know what (if any) information you need from me and I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks!