Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Is this patch available in Preware, or only WOSQI? Also, can you set the volume for the notifications? Since 1.3.1, my text notifications are too loud and I can't lower the volume.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    Is this patch available in Preware, or only WOSQI? Also, can you set the volume for the notifications? Since 1.3.1, my text notifications are too loud and I can't lower the volume.
    This does nothing for the volume...
    I submitted it, so we just have to wait now..
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Since the SMS tone can be set in the SMS app, can we remove it from the patch?
    I'll look into this, I don't think it matters as far as functionality, but it would help clean things up and make it more compatible with other patches....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    I'll look into this, I don't think it matters as far as functionality, but it would help clean things up and make it more compatible with other patches....
    Probably best to leave things as they are for now. Palm's implementation is kind of silly. It gives you the tone you select, but only if the card is not in focus. Any other time, you get the default tone. Which I have as a longer sound for incoming emails. Annoying.

Maybe someday we will have the flexibility of, say, the blackberry, by default. I'd like different tones for: txt/im, email, system sound, calendar alert, alarm at the very least.

Thank you for the patch. It's much appreciated, and I'll install it when I get a chance. Hopefully if addresses the weird behavior that palm came up with in 1.3.1.
    I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue now, but using Preware, after having to reinstall all of my patches, i do not see the SMS Tone per Contact patch listed any longer. Is there another way to get it back or is it missing for a reason?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMatt25 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue now, but using Preware, after having to reinstall all of my patches, i do not see the SMS Tone per Contact patch listed any longer. Is there another way to get it back or is it missing for a reason?
    I take it you have not bothered to read any of the recent posts in here? If you had, you would already have answered your own question.
    Actually i did read, and my question is still valid

one of the posts above says it was submitted to preware feed. Not sure if that means it should be there now, in a day, in a week...?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    You are completely correct when you say palm needs to integrate different sounds for text vs IM (a different sound per IM client, would be great, but who knows if it's doable) vs everything else.

Going from a texting convo to an IM convo is maddening, if you have a short loud alert for the text--you hear the same alert 5 times in 5 seconds as you are online with a friend, and don't even let anyone else start a convo with you or you will be in for a headache
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I think I got this working for 1.3.1... if a few others could try it and let me know, I will submit for inclusion in the feed...

EDIT: submitted to feed... hopefully up soon...
    Advise others to also donate to help support the girl friend cause... Keep the fellow developers going...

THANKS elryon !!!
    I deleted the .html file and installed through 2.7. So far it works and even retained my originally set tones from what I can tell, but it only plays as notification. It won't work if I'm actually in that person's SMS although so far that doesn't seem all bad. As long as I'm not sitting there staring at their SMS waiting for a reply it's usable.
    Last edited by Landon1983; 11/17/2009 at 11:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Awesome, works like a charm. Uploaded via WebOsQuickInstall. This, IMO, is the best patch available. Thanks again.
    I've installed this and uninstalled it a couple of different times today. Now, both Preware and WOSQI both show it as not there, but I still have the options in contacts and sounds. Any ideas?
    OK, so I deleted the file, reinstalled the patch...and it works! thanks sooo much!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I've installed this and uninstalled it a couple of different times today. Now, both Preware and WOSQI both show it as not there, but I still have the options in contacts and sounds. Any ideas?
    have you restarted luna? or even restarted the phone? the files might still be patched, but the folder where they keep the feed info on what patches you have must have been deleted (or the original files that they back-up a certain way). You could try EPR, if that doesn't work... WebOS repair utility if Jason has updated it... if not, you'll want to get copies of the files edited and replace with originals...

it could also be the html file that others seem to still have after updating...
    try deleting: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

hmm I checked for the file and I don't have it, and I still get the error on wosqi, can not get the patch to work at all anymore It was my favorite part of the pre
    I've reset my phone a couple of different times. I've been toying with the idea of EPR but didn't really want to redo all my patches. I just visited the Dr. after the last update because I had remnants of the messaging application patch. So, the EPR just removes all installed patches?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee75 View Post
    hmm I checked for the file and I don't have it, and I still get the error on wosqi, can not get the patch to work at all anymore It was my favorite part of the pre
    what error do you get? where is it failing? could you post a screenshot of the failures...?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I've reset my phone a couple of different times. I've been toying with the idea of EPR but didn't really want to redo all my patches. I just visited the Dr. after the last update because I had remnants of the messaging application patch. So, the EPR just removes all installed patches?
    its supposed to restore the files edited by patches from preware or wosqi... if you installed patches with an old wosqi or manually edited files before using preware or wosqi patches then those would stay... I've used epr many times and it has helped a lot. Re-installing patches isn't that bad, especially with preware as you can just keep installing patch after patch and then restart...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

its supposed to restore the files edited by patches from preware or wosqi... if you installed patches with an old wosqi or manually edited files before using preware or wosqi patches then those would stay... I've used epr many times and it has helped a lot. Re-installing patches isn't that bad, especially with preware as you can just keep installing patch after patch and then restart...
    yeah i guess your right, it's just that, ok ok! i'll do epr. thanks for everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast