Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    update: tried to install in Preware, got IPKG error

no update for this patch is needed for 1.4 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post

Same here.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000

same here IPKG error

D
    Worked fine for me.
    after applying 1.4, wosqi update helper reapplied this and other patches. This and 75% of my patches reapplied successfully. AUPT worked as intended (albeit not 100%).
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    after applying 1.4, wosqi update helper reapplied this and other patches. This and 75% of my patches reapplied successfully. AUPT worked as intended (albeit not 100%).
    Agreed...AUPT, while not perfect, is an improvement over the previous remove/re-install process. See my post here on the AUPT thread and those that follow for some similar experiences.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    strange for AUPT to work, but we cant do a fresh install of the patch
    Is this patch still needed for 1.4. I don't have the patch but I can see a field for "Set a ringtone" for each contact.

I used to have this patch but I doctored my phone to 1.3.5.1 right before I upgraded to 1.4.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    Is this patch still needed for 1.4. I don't have the patch but I can see a field for "Set a ringtone" for each contact.

I used to have this patch but I doctored my phone to 1.3.5.1 right before I upgraded to 1.4.
    If you don't see a field named "MSGTONE", you need the patch... and maybe you might if you see the field, but an SMS from that person results in the default message tone...

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Last edited by JerryG; 03/01/2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Fix typo...
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    This patch does work with 1.4, I had a lot of pkg errors after updating also, but found they were mostly due to the feeds being overwhelmed with traffic once that died down and I tried manually reinstalling it, it worked fine. I will be looking over this again to see what is still needed as far as this patch goes because I believe a default message tone was now part of 1.4....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    This patch does work with 1.4, I had a lot of pkg errors after updating also, but found they were mostly due to the feeds being overwhelmed with traffic once that died down and I tried manually reinstalling it, it worked fine. I will be looking over this again to see what is still needed as far as this patch goes because I believe a default message tone was now part of 1.4....
    How do u "manually" reinstall this?

I can assure u that message tone is NOT a standard part of 1.4,u need a patch
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    How do u "manually" reinstall this?

I can assure u that message tone is NOT a standard part of 1.4,u need a patch
    ok, I thought I had read in the list of features that it was part of 1.4, could be wrong as I skimmed it pretty fast.
    By manually, I meant by selecting it in preware to install and not using the auto update.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    ok, I thought I had read in the list of features that it was part of 1.4, could be wrong as I skimmed it pretty fast.
    By manually, I meant by selecting it in preware to install and not using the auto update.

OK im confused. What does autoupdate actually do? I thought u still had to update it via preware (which is ur manual description).

Patches with the AUPT just means that when that patch is ready for update, u'll see an update notification in Preware,but u still have to go in and hit install/update, am i wrong?

Because i any rate i did the manual install(went to preware,hit install on the sms contact patch) and i get an error
    I haven't been able to instal back this patch for months, I keep getting the error log, I hoped version OS 1.4 would fix this but no such luck, can anybody please help to understand why? All other patches work fine
    I'm quite happy with teh 1.4 update as all my SMS's were still there (after a long time of asking managed to back them up using INTERNALZ (BRILLIANT). however, my message tone per contact patch wont reinstall. I tells me there is a file already there and it wont overwrite. So I found the file in INTERNALZ but can't work out how to remove it so the patch can install itself.

I'm getting the error about /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html file existing and the patch wont overright it......

Anyone help???
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missybev View Post
    I'm quite happy with teh 1.4 update as all my SMS's were still there (after a long time of asking managed to back them up using INTERNALZ (BRILLIANT). however, my message tone per contact patch wont reinstall. I tells me there is a file already there and it wont overwrite. So I found the file in INTERNALZ but can't work out how to remove it so the patch can install itself.

I'm getting the error about /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html file existing and the patch wont overright it......

Anyone help???
    you can use webosqi to delete files....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Hey elryon...

now that we have the ability to assign ringtones to email accounts and notifications thru 1.4, is it possible to eliminate the changes to sounds and ringtones that come with sms tone per contact? i want this patch to assign specific tones to specific contacts, but i believe that this patch is interfering with different ringtones for different email accounts.

i guess in simpler terms, perhaps this patch should only include the option to assign specific sms tones to specific contacts rather than couple it with the ability to change the tones of our email, notifications and alerts.

is this possible?

great work on all of this for all of us...
    no conflict on my part. I have different email tones and different sms tones with a global sms tone.
    Is there any chance the writer of this patch or anyone else can re-write this patch for 1.4?

This is the only patch that i really love and really want on my phone.

B
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    This patch also works correctly for me in 1.4. I used WOSQI to uninstall and reinstall it.