Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    +1 I had this same problem SiLlY. I decided to forgo the SMS tone patch since my Pre plus doesn't have Yahoo IM on it. I hope they can get this conflict fixed.
    Anybody know how to unistall a patch that doesn't show up on your phone? I totally reset my phone and re-installed preware but now there's a patch that won't install and the IPKG Log says the folder that the patch is trying to create is already there so the install fails every time. Is there anything I can do???
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypreny26 View Post
    Anybody know how to unistall a patch that doesn't show up on your phone? I totally reset my phone and re-installed preware but now there's a patch that won't install and the IPKG Log says the folder that the patch is trying to create is already there so the install fails every time. Is there anything I can do???
    Which patch?
    If you did a complete reset, there shouldn't be anything left at all.
    But I did have the same issue when trying to install the Virtual Keyboard after a partial reset.
    I went in using USB mode and deleted the virtual kb folder that was still there and then installed the Obsolete VKB. Soft reset, then installed the new one.

If you are still seeing some patch and you did a regular reset recently, you should consider using the WebOS Repair tool. If you want to guarantee that you get it fixed, since you've already erased everything, just run WebOS Doctor. It will not only delete everything, but it will bring it back to 100% stock.
    That's what I did. I did ran the webOS Doctor and went back to factory (which screwed me b/c didn't copy my pics and I had some very incriminating ones too...oh well). Yeah so the patch is the SMS Tones per contact. I had it before and it worked perfectly, but now it says that everything is going good till it tries to create some folder which appears to be there already. Could it be clashing with another patch???
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi folks, hoping you can help. I see in the notes that it was fixed to still display a sound while in the convo with someone, but mine doesn't seem to display a sound even in the general conversation app - not just when I'm inside the convo with that person. Any idea if this should be working?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by josh3212; 01/27/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Yeah this thing is jacked. Cool patch until it stopped working. Hopefully when the new update next month comes out these issues will be addressed.
    How did you manually make the edits. I'm game and a bit of a tech. Talk to me. Love the features.
    this patch is terrible....after i install it, none of the sms tones work unless i manually go in and set a tone. there is no 'global' sms tone. so i decided to uninstall......the problem is STILL THERE...i dont get ANY sound notification for texts now...

i've had to doctor my phone once already because of this patch. i installed it again hoping it had been fixed but got the same results. now i will have to doctor it again...
    If you go to the Sounds and Ringtones app on your launcher you can set a global SMS tone. The patch is great for that, and if you are willing to set individual ringtones, as well. It doesn't automagically set up your ringtones for you.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    has anyone been able to figure out why the sound for the text message gets truncated? I want to play a 30 sec sound when I receive a text message from my work (because it needs to be able to wake me up). I've tried changing the file to .wav, .mp3, added blank space at the end of the sound file... NOTHING works, it still only plays about 4 seconds (as soon as the notification disappears, the sound stops...).

Can someone smarter than me please explain why this is happening and what can i do to fix it??? is there a different patch/app out there that will play a song when a text message is received?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave3sanders View Post
    has anyone been able to figure out why the sound for the text message gets truncated? I want to play a 30 sec sound when I receive a text message from my work (because it needs to be able to wake me up). I've tried changing the file to .wav, .mp3, added blank space at the end of the sound file... NOTHING works, it still only plays about 4 seconds (as soon as the notification disappears, the sound stops...).

Can someone smarter than me please explain why this is happening and what can i do to fix it??? is there a different patch/app out there that will play a song when a text message is received?
    We're all aware of this... have Not seen a fix for this

ChasPalm
    Is anybody else having trouble updating this patch? I fired up Preware last night and saw all my patches had been updated. I did the "update all" and it went fine until it hit the SMS tone per contact patch. I updated the remaining packages, including Preware itself. When I went back into preware after it updated, the SMS tone patch had uninstalled itself. I tried reinstalling it and it gives me an error and refers me to the ipkg log.
    Wish I could help, but I didn't have any issues when I updated all. You could post on the AUPT-3 thread, or the regular AUPT thread and see if Eric Gaudet or anyone else has a solution for this, though.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I have an issue with the SMS Tones patch that I haven't seen addressed. After installing, I inadvertently changed my system notification from the default Alert.wav to a different ringtone. There does not seem to be a way to go back to the default tone, even after removing and reinstalling the patch several times. Any guesses?
    I accidentally did this once, as well. The only solution I came up with was partial reset and Doctor. Sorry I don't have better news. Hopefully, someone else does...

Quote Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
    Hi all,

I have an issue with the SMS Tones patch that I haven't seen addressed. After installing, I inadvertently changed my system notification from the default Alert.wav to a different ringtone. There does not seem to be a way to go back to the default tone, even after removing and reinstalling the patch several times. Any guesses?
    Use the homebrew app "MyNotifications" and revert to default tones.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Have anyone have update it thier phones? and if you have do you have any problems with this patch?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    works fine for me after 1.4 update
    Mine works fine, too.
    great, about to install it then