Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    any idea or work arounds for installing sms per tone on a Palm Pixi???
    I continue to receive an ipkg error log everytime I attempt to download
    the patch from pre-ware. Currently running new software update 1.3.5.1
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    The same as I did actually, it was the first patch I thought of, but couldn't install all the same, pretty unhappy about it.
    The new doctors don't erase anything you've added/modified if they don't directly affect it.... has been causing a lot of issues. I would try webos repair utility with compatibility mode off after running epr. That should clear everything and set you up to be able to install.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman0855 View Post
    any idea or work arounds for installing sms per tone on a Palm Pixi???
    I continue to receive an ipkg error log everytime I attempt to download
    the patch from pre-ware. Currently running new software update 1.3.5.1
    Haven't tried it on the pixie emulator yet... didn't think there would be a problem with this as the apps it affects should be identical.... any get it to install on the pixie?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    if the others work fine then its not the setting I saw it's with that file... have your tried re-recording it or copying it to another file?
    Just an update...I tried this.....still didn't work. Still getting a cut-off tone. Crap.

This patch won’t work with a non-English locale as it affects only the English HTML. I wouldn’t mind the occasional English word in my phone, but it’s a real pity that I cannot use the patch at all.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update to play tones properly when an SMS message comes from a contact with only an e-mail address. Now to just get a handle on the pesky bug of the entire tone not playing. Currently none of the tones on the phone will play the full length with an SMS message (that includes the default Pre tones). I'm going to try to the whole re-naming thing, adding silence at the end and what-not but I'm not very optimistic unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Highbrow View Post
    This patch won’t work with a non-English locale as it affects only the English HTML. I wouldn’t mind the occasional English word in my phone, but it’s a real pity that I cannot use the patch at all.
    I don't think that's accurate, I used it before my last OS update and it worked brilliantly, there must be some issue with last OS. I hope it'll get fixed soon.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djschmitt View Post
    Thanks for the update to play tones properly when an SMS message comes from a contact with only an e-mail address. Now to just get a handle on the pesky bug of the entire tone not playing. Currently none of the tones on the phone will play the full length with an SMS message (that includes the default Pre tones). I'm going to try to the whole re-naming thing, adding silence at the end and what-not but I'm not very optimistic unfortunately
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one still having problems. I've tried everything.

Well, the only thing I haven't done is try a completely different tone and/or a different contact. Seems like a moot point though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one still having problems. I've tried everything.

Well, the only thing I haven't done is try a completely different tone and/or a different contact. Seems like a moot point though.
    same i have this same issue! anyone come up with a solution to fix it?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flam253 View Post
    same i have this same issue! anyone come up with a solution to fix it?
    I'm starting to wonder if I need to Doctor my phone to get it to work right. It doesn't make any sense as to why some are reporting that the problem is fixed and others say it is not. I haven't Doctored my phone since long before the most recent update.........I really don't WANT to do it again.........ugh.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if I need to Doctor my phone to get it to work right. It doesn't make any sense as to why some are reporting that the problem is fixed and others say it is not. I haven't Doctored my phone since long before the most recent update.........I really don't WANT to do it again.........ugh.
    I'll let you test before I go down that route again
    i doctored my phone TWICE, it did not fix it.
    also if it helps, i did not work on 1.3.1 after i doctored, neither did it work on 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1
    Anybody having a problem where msg tones no longer playing after the patch is removed? I know when I install the patch I have to manually select the default tone so I'm assuming something has happened to the original file but that is an uninformed guess. I have a copy of the music file that normally goes with msg tones... do I just need to copy that back into the right directory with wosqi? If so... can somebody post the path? Thanks for all the work on developing the patch guys.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flam253 View Post
    i doctored my phone TWICE, it did not fix it.
    That pretty much answers that then, I guess.

Doesn't make any sense to me how some people can say that adding a second or two of silence at the end of a file makes a difference, and for others it makes no difference at all.

Believe me, I'm no audio *****. I'm no computer *****. I know what i'm doing when it comes to most of this stuff......and nothing is working.
    Last edited by Westmar; 01/21/2010 at 09:47 AM.
    I bet someone has said this before and this is a different issue but... I put two seconds of silence at the beginning because I assumed it was just processing lag and I have never had a tone get choppy since.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travistyofjustice View Post
    I bet someone has said this before and this is a different issue but... I put two seconds of silence at the beginning because I assumed it was just processing lag and I have never had a tone get choppy since.
    The issue I'm lamenting about is the tones getting chopped off after like, 4 seconds. The sound is perfect bu about 26 seconds too short
    yeah LOL same here, call tones work fine, but text tones, fall 26 seconds short
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Haven't tried it on the pixie emulator yet... didn't think there would be a problem with this as the apps it affects should be identical.... any get it to install on the pixie?

Installed onto my girlfriend's pixi and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    This patch and the messenger plugin (by Greg) are incompatible. The file causing the conflict.. or should I say, being conflicted over.. is "messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs&$quot$;. $Both$ $features$ $want$ $to$ $make$ $edits$ $to$ $this$ $file$ $on$ $install$.

I got my Pre working with both Messaging Plugins and the SMS tones per.. but.. only because I manually made all the edits.

Only reason I post this is just in case the devs wish to create a cross compat patch.

Thanks elryon! I can't live without either of these features.