Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    thany you very much will be donating very soon
    I just installed SMS Tone per Contact and all my SMS sounds are gone. I have not added any custom sounds to any contacts so i expected to get the default sound but whenever an sms comes in i dont here it. I can remove it and fix the problem. reinstall and the problem comes back.

v1.3.5-9
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notme23 View Post
    I just installed SMS Tone per Contact and all my SMS sounds are gone. I have not added any custom sounds to any contacts so i expected to get the default sound but whenever an sms comes in i dont here it. I can remove it and fix the problem. reinstall and the problem comes back.

v1.3.5-9
    hmmm.. that's the version I have (not the one I just submitted) it should work fine... have you restarted the phone, some have had to do that for it to work .
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.

v1.3.5-9
    Did you go into sounds and ringtones and set a sound for messages? I thought something was wrong at first until I realized I hadn't set a sound for the messages.
    Has any one tried using a song from the imported music? I tried this the other day, instead of just playing a portion of the song it plays the whole song and there seemed to be no way to stop it. With out the patch installed just a portion plays and stops when it is ackowledged.
    III,V,Vx,T,TX,Pre
    I have what I hope is not a foolish question.

I installed the new WebOS on New Year's Eve when prompted to do so by the phone. I did not think to consult Precentral.net and had a number of patches/tweaks installed before I installed the update.

I have been able to get a number of the patches to work again, but I keep getting an error when I try to install the SMS tone select patch using WebOS quick Install. It displays a huge error message stating that the patch all ready exisits and that the program is ignoring "hunks."

I have run the EPR and reset the phone and restarted Luna, all to no avail.

Does anyone have any advice besides running the WebOS Doctor? Am loath to do so because of all the contacts that I have, most of which are stored no where else but my old Palm Desktop software.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    if your patient enough... webos repair utility will help as soon as it's updated for 1.3.5.... run it with compatibility mode off and it should put everything back without deleting any contacts/info
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

i'm seeing a strange "problem" with this patch. it was the first patch i installed after doctoring my phone with 1.3.5 and reinstalling preware via webOS QuickInstall. so, naturally when i tried to install the patch, i was given the standard "you must also install..." blurb and an option to install the two files that's needed to be installed initially before patches can be installed via preware. i went ahead and click on that button to install those two files and then install this patch.

this is where it gets a little strange. the patch is installed and works fine, but preware thinks it's not installed. if i try to "install" it again i get the ipk error message.
    Found out why one of my favorite patchs (SMS tone per contact) wouldn't work.

I already had the "Select Alert and Notification" patch installed. Remove that and SMS TPC worked! Noticed you only need one or the other!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i'm seeing a strange "problem" with this patch. it was the first patch i installed after doctoring my phone with 1.3.5 and reinstalling preware via webOS QuickInstall. so, naturally when i tried to install the patch, i was given the standard "you must also install..." blurb and an option to install the two files that's needed to be installed initially before patches can be installed via preware. i went ahead and click on that button to install those two files and then install this patch.

this is where it gets a little strange. the patch is installed and works fine, but preware thinks it's not installed. if i try to "install" it again i get the ipk error message.
    hmm... that is strange. I know they don't list as patches anymore in quick install unless I installed them with quick install...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    hmm... that is strange. I know they don't list as patches anymore in quick install unless I installed them with quick install...
    i should've been more clear... what i meant to say was that i installed preware using webOSQI. then, the first patch that i used preware to install was SMS Tones per Contact. the error message that i see is on preware.

as it is right now, the patch is installed on my pre and everything works fine. it just doesn't show up as installed in preware, and i'm a little gun-shy about clicking on that "install" button in preware at this point since everything is working.

since this was the first patch that i installed, it seems like the possibility of the original .ipk file being corrupted by another patch is unlikely, which is why i find it so strange and wanted to let you know. if you need me to do anything to help debug send me a PM and i'll get on it.
    @ Technologic-

How do I remove a single patch rather that using the "EPR"?

There is a function to "delete file/directory," but as I've no notion what the actual directory or filename of the select tones patch is. There is no drop down menu to show me a list of options to delete.

I really am a novice when it comes to software, so any help is appreciated.

v1.3.5-9
    Having the same problem on the Pre and the Pixi, the version of the patch I see is v1.3.5-9. I did try to restart both phone numerous times, but it doesn't work. The only way to fix it is to remove the patch and the default sounds resume working.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asaetern View Post
    Having the same problem on the Pre and the Pixi, the version of the patch I see is v1.3.5-9. I did try to restart both phone numerous times, but it doesn't work. The only way to fix it is to remove the patch and the default sounds resume working.
    have you set the default tone after restarting? go to the sounds and alerts and you can set a default tone for messages, it may be that with nothing set it won't play anything.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    This edition should still play even if the sender's info is an email address... but it will only work for sms messages... not regular email.
    I'm trying to install your latest patch (Email SMS fix one) via WOSQI, and am having a little trouble. Here are my steps.

1. Uninstall preware version & reboot phone.
    2. Install patch via WOSQI 2.96.
    3. There are several successes but I get error messages below, and patch fails.
    Hunk #1 failed at 349
    Hunk #3 Failed at 186
    Hunk #7 failed at 254
    Hunk #8 failed at 328
    Hunk #9 failed at 337
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    I'm trying to install your latest patch (Email SMS fix one) via WOSQI, and am having a little trouble. Here are my steps.

1. Uninstall preware version & reboot phone.
    2. Install patch via WOSQI 2.96.
    3. There are several successes but I get error messages below, and patch fails.
    Hunk #1 failed at 349
    Hunk #3 Failed at 186
    Hunk #7 failed at 254
    Hunk #8 failed at 328
    Hunk #9 failed at 337
    which files are those that fail?

EDIT: I just check the two versions and there should only be 1 line different. If the first installed then the second should install as easily. It seems that either another patch modified the files, or it didn't uninstall right...
    Last edited by elryon; 01/04/2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    which files are those that fail?

EDIT: I just check the two versions and there should only be 1 line different. If the first installed then the second should install as easily. It seems that either another patch modified the files, or it didn't uninstall right...
    Ok. Ran EPR, and removed preware and pkgmgr to try for a clean install. Below are the errors after successfull install of gnupatch and diffstat.

chatview-assistant.jsjsjs ($Hunk$ #$1$ $failed$ $at$ $349$)
    notification-assistant.jsjsjs ($Hunk3$@ $186$, $Hunk$ $7$@$248$, $Hunk8$@$322$ $and$ $Hunk9$@$331$)

Yes, very strange since I can install the PreWare version with no issues at all. Only the WOSQI is giving me fits. Maybe I should just wait till your new version gets populated.
    Last edited by Ripley; 01/04/2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Add to remark edit
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Ok. Ran EPR, and removed preware and pkgmgr to try for a clean install. Below are the errors after successfull install of gnupatch and diffstat.

chatview-assistant.jsjsjs ($Hunk$ #$1$ $failed$ $at$ $349$)
    notification-assistant.jsjsjs ($Hunk3$@ $186$, $Hunk$ $7$@$248$, $Hunk8$@$322$ $and$ $Hunk9$@$331$)
    ok, obviously something isn't restoring the files back... you are using webos 1.3.5 right?

EDIT: do you know how to extract a file from the webos doctor?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Yes, the last post was after I ran EPR, so this is the only patch, period.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    ok, obviously something isn't restoring the files back... you are using webos 1.3.5 right?

EDIT: do you know how to extract a file from the webos doctor?
    Yes, 1.3.5. Yes, I know how to extract from the "the doctor". I have a sneaking suspicion you're going tell me to restore those files manually.