Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    elryon from a clean chatview file this is the line number you need to reference

@@ -354,7 +354,7 @@

I got it to install with no errors but I get no notifications at all now.
    I know you have bigger fish to fry but now that 1.3.5. add the mute function to messaging will the no alert during call be updated?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    ok everyone, sorry, my error this time... was using an old version of the patch... try this one now...
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    same error
    Same error, I think. You want to see the error screen again?
    So sad - - - my most needed and favorite patch is still not working - I am getting failures at Hunk 1 now with the recently listed .3 attachement - before it was Hunk 7 - - - Patiently waiting for issues to be resolved so I don't have to check my Pre every 30 seconds when I get text messages from my field team.

If ONLY PALM would hear our cries and add this to the base system - I guess they don't use the Pre at Palm.
    are there any instructions on how to install that patch? Do we need to remove the old patch first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazinfly View Post
    So sad - - - my most needed and favorite patch is still not working - I am getting failures at Hunk 1 now with the recently listed .3 attachement - before it was Hunk 7 - - - Patiently waiting for issues to be resolved so I don't have to check my Pre every 30 seconds when I get text messages from my field team.

If ONLY PALM would hear our cries and add this to the base system - I guess they don't use the Pre at Palm.
    i agree, this should be out of the box functionality!
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm getting this...using the "messaging-sms-tone-per-contact3.patch" file

ELRYON
    Ok, I know nothing about patches.
    If what I am saying is wrong, the please disregard it.
    but..... if the other notification changing patch works, couldn't you compare the two, and see what is happening wrong with the sms.p.c. patch?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Looks like this problem varies a little from user to user. I'm looking forward to a fix to the patch, it's definitely a missed feature. Here's the 1 or 8 hunks that failed for me:

'Hunk #7 FAILED at 323.
    What other patch are you referring to? The other patches out there only allow you to set a seperate tone for your notification and alert sounds? The messaging sound (SMS per contact) has to add a new messaging service. Palm made changes in the notification and chatview that is why there is a delay in getttin them working.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Is the Emergency Recovery Patch expected to work with 1.3.5? When the SMS Tone Per Contact failed to install I ran EPR to back out my other patches thinking they were causing the error with that install. However the SMS Tone Per Contact patch still didn't install and now a bunch of the other patches I had originally installed on 1.3.5 successfully will no longer install. The 4x4 v3 (or other grid patches), virtual keyboard, delete from notify won't install and have hunks that fail. Frustrating....
    My Pre recently updated to Palm webOS 1.3.5 And my preware stopped working so i reinstalled everything and my preware works again but the sms tone per contact is not. It keeps sending me to the IPKG log
    Hunk #7 Failed
    Remove
    No packages removed
    nothing to be done
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:Failure during post-install script execution

Im not very smart when it comes to my phone thats why i love preware so much cuz it makes everything so easy. can anyone help me get my fav app back i need it!!!!!
    I really need this patch to work. I run to this phone everytime I get a text message trying to see who it is texting. I need my old setup bad!!!! Please Help.....
    Be patient young jedis..
    I do love this patch, dunno why palm hasn't done it
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting this...using the "messaging-sms-tone-per-contact3.patch" file

I actually tried it a few times today after having to run web dr, it had worked before, but trying to reinstall it I got the hunk error, I did notice though that the error changed everytime I tried it. Waiting for the fix!!!

I MISS IT!!!
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    I just tried the "messaging-sms-tone-per-contact3.patch" new version and got the following error (in the attached photo).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Every time I try to install this patch it gives me an error message, "Error Installing: See IPKG Log"...can anyone tell me what I can do?
    It hasn't been updated yet.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    okay everyone, I think I got it... try this one... its a little clunky and needs cleaned up, but it should work...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.