Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    now im in need of help, i have the sms tone per contact patch installed but the problem is that when when a contact with a specified ringtone texts me it only plays 1-2 seconds of the ringtone. is this how its supposed to be or is there something i did wrong? i restarted luna after i installed the patch too, any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wdortch View Post
    now im in need of help, i have the sms tone per contact patch installed but the problem is that when when a contact with a specified ringtone texts me it only plays 1-2 seconds of the ringtone. is this how its supposed to be or is there something i did wrong? i restarted luna after i installed the patch too, any suggestions?
    This is a problem lots of people are having, mine always seems to cut off the last second or two... not a problem with the patch... mine always has done that even when listening to the file.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    look at this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ngs-1-sec.html

you can sort it adding a few seconds at the end of your tones, after a few tries it worked pretty well for me
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    This is a problem lots of people are having, mine always seems to cut off the last second or two... not a problem with the patch... mine always has done that even when listening to the file.
    You can fix it by changing the format of the tone ex: MP3 change it to WAV or WAV to MP3 that worked for me :-) and Thansk so much for getting the this patch going again you are the best!!!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I've been getting an error every time I have tried to download the patch. Even with a clean update to 1.3, meaning, I had restored my pre to new conditions (which included removing every patch). Every time the patch errors. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Error installing: See IPKG Log

Hunk #1 failed saving rejects to usr/palm etc...
    Hunk #1 failed at 96
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 332 with fuzz 1
    1 out of 2 hunks failed - saving rejects to file usr/palm/ etc..
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 359

Failed:
    ErrorGenericMethodException failure during post-install script execution.

Any suggestions Pre Pros??
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paisley26 View Post
    I've been getting an error every time I have tried to download the patch. Even with a clean update to 1.3, meaning, I had restored my pre to new conditions (which included removing every patch). Every time the patch errors. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Error installing: See IPKG Log

Hunk #1 failed saving rejects to usr/palm etc...
    Hunk #1 failed at 96
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 332 with fuzz 1
    1 out of 2 hunks failed - saving rejects to file usr/palm/ etc..
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 359

Failed:
    ErrorGenericMethodException failure during post-install script execution.

Any suggestions Pre Pros??
    are you installing this first? what other patches do you have installed before this one?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    After reverting my phone back to out of the box state, I then updated to 1.3. After that the first patch I tried was the SMS tone patch with same kind of error.

frustrating .. all my other patches have been downloaded/installed succesfully.
    ^have you tried deleting the msgtones.html file? I suspect it's still there. I used the command line menu in wosqi which worked for me - it has been posted in this thread. Good luck.

edit: see post 228
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have a question about the SMS tone per contact patch. I have one contact that I recieve SMS messages from that will not play the message tone. This SMS's for this contact come from an email address not a short code or phone number. Could this be the reason that the tone is not playing for this contact. It worked fine before 1.3.1 and the new patch.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    It's an issue with 1.3.1. The work around that most use is to open their mp3 / wav file's in an audio editor like Audacity and add a second of silence to the end of the file.
    Is there a thread somewhere that talks about people doing this, because it did not work for me. I added more than 1 second of silence at the end and the message tone is still being cut off in the exact same spot when played.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    Is there a thread somewhere that talks about people doing this, because it did not work for me. I added more than 1 second of silence at the end and the message tone is still being cut off in the exact same spot when played.
    Did you use the same name for the file? Try loading the file fresh with a new name.
    I just saved the edited file over the old file. Also some people have had success with changing from .wav to .mp3 or from .mp3 to .wav and that taking care of it.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I did use a different file name.

I'll have to try some more experiments when I can.

What a stupid thing to have to do, but oh well..........
    Let me start by saying excellent patch! I've been planning on using Google Voice for voicemail and I'm planing on setting up whatever number they SMS me from when I get new messages as a custom tone.

Unfortunately, I think I've come across a bug. With this patch installed my phone will not vibrate when I get messages while in silent mode. Removing the patch re-enables the vibration. Can anyone else verify this issue?

WebOS version: 1.3.1
    Patch version: 1.3.1-16 from Preware updated on 11/21/09 9:15 PM

Once again, excellent work and I'm looking forward to future updates to this patch ^_^
    Last edited by Brok3n Halo; 12/10/2009 at 02:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    So I changed the pause to about 4 secs.....still not fixed.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Changing it to a wav file with a different name didn't help either.

Bleh. This is silly...........
    ever fix the volume adjustment to work for the notifications?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I noticed that after upgraded to latest WebOS Version 1.3.1, noticed that the ring tones i have has been cut short, like 5 sec or more, any Idea how can make it play in full.??
    P.S. I removed the patch and test it without it and had same issue??could that be the new WebOS version????
    thank you
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    where can I go to download the defalt tones for my palm pre, everytime I click on the link in My Notifications my window media opens up and I'm not able to download to my phone
    Get and an error when patching through preware. Error on line 323 Hunk#7 fails. Any suggestions?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY