Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    not yet... bugging them in irc right now....
    The most recent version installed fine for me this morning. Thanks!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    The problem I had was msgtones.html was not removed cleanly from an older patch. The new patch install kept complaining that msgtones.html was already created. Turn outs this file it created specificly for the sms-tone patch. I removed it using internals and then the install went well.

Hope this helps some people.

DO NOT REMOVE OTHER FILES!!!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I've got the HomeBrew app called My Notification installed just for that reason.
    That app seems to have similar functionality as the sms contact patch. but still no way to reset to original wav.. it only gives you some wavs to dl and put on as additional 'ringtones' don't need the app for that. just the wav files.. which did come in handy.. thanks.
    Last edited by sratson; 11/20/2009 at 10:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyckr View Post
    I dont know how to access via Putty. I am using WinSCP.
    there should be a place to start putty or a terminal from winscp... do that and once you get to the prompt enter:
    mount -o remount,rw /

then you should be able to delete the file...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I tried 5 times last night and always got an error about 3 of 9 chunks failed.. After a fresh 1.3.1 doctor job webosqi to get preware installed tryed to install it before anything else and got the same error..

Gave up and installed the other tone patch...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    I tried 5 times last night and always got an error about 3 of 9 chunks failed.. After a fresh 1.3.1 doctor job webosqi to get preware installed tryed to install it before anything else and got the same error..

Gave up and installed the other tone patch...
    which hunk errors? if they are all in the notification assistant and the first is at line 173 or something, that would be the 1.2.1 file.. make sure that the doctor your using is 1.3.1...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by sratson View Post
    That app seems to have similar functionality as the sms contact patch. but still no way to reset to original wav.. it only gives you some wavs to dl and put on as additional 'ringtones' don't need the app for that. just the wav files.. which did come in handy.. thanks.
    Once My Notification opens, tap the "My Notifications" in the top left corner and then select "Reset Defaults" from the menu.
    For those of us with basically zero programming skills, what is the safest way to remove this file? If it is using WebOS Doctor, will this remove all of my existing text messages?

Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    The problem I had was msgtones.html was not removed cleanly from an older patch. The new patch install kept complaining that msgtones.html was already created. Turn outs this file it created specificly for the sms-tone patch. I removed it using internals and then the install went well.

Hope this helps some people.

DO NOT REMOVE OTHER FILES!!!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thanks navinag. That was exactly the problem I was having but did what you said and now it works fine.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I dont know how to access via Putty. I am using WinSCP.
    Okay I did that and restarted my phone but now that I open a contact, this is the msg I get on my phone"

"template load failed:
    edit/msgtones.html"

and when I click on it I can select a tone for that contact still like before.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    So I get ErrorGenericMethodException. Failure during post-install script execution.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html Hunk #1 Failed at 52.

What?? :-(

Does this help to troubleshoot ?
    Last edited by dvdmax; 11/20/2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo
    I was having an issue with my tones where they would play, but parts of the audio would be ommitted/choppy etc (like the Nav app audio issue). This was happening with My Notification, the NEW SMS Per Contact patch and the other alert patch as well.

How did I fix it? I noticed that the one and only tone of mine that was working is a WAV file ... so I converted all my MP3 tones to WAV and now they all work!

Give it a try ... new SMS Per Contact patch works perfect btw ... if you're having issues installing, use the EPR and reinstall the patch after restarting etc.

~Bowen
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    which hunk errors? if they are all in the notification assistant and the first is at line 173 or something, that would be the 1.2.1 file.. make sure that the doctor your using is 1.3.1...
    It definitely was the 1.3.1 doctor.. but the new one in the preware I tried again today for giggles worked
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Okay I did that and restarted my phone but now that I open a contact, this is the msg I get on my phone"

"template load failed:
    edit/msgtones.html"

and when I click on it I can select a tone for that contact still like before.
    ok... have you tried uninstalling now? webos repair utility is updated now... if you run that without compatibility mode it should put all your files back the way they should be on a fresh machine but won't delete your data...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    So I get ErrorGenericMethodException. Failure during post-install script execution.
    pathcing file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html Hunk #1 Failed at 52.

What?? :-(

Does this help to troubleshoot ?
    kinda... do you have any other notification or sound/alert patches or apps?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ok... have you tried uninstalling now? webos repair utility is updated now... if you run that without compatibility mode it should put all your files back the way they should be on a fresh machine but won't delete your data...
    well I've already supposedly uninstalled via quick install cause I went back to see if the patch was there and it wasnt anymore.

so Ive downloaded the webos repair utility but not sure what Im suppose to do after its done scanning?
    Last edited by andyckr; 11/20/2009 at 02:25 PM.
    I loaded the 1.3.1-15 version of SMS Tones per Contact. It is not working so I tried to remove it, but am receive an error message. "Error Removing: See IPKG Log". It mentions "unreversed patch detected". Any suggestions?

I don't have any other message patches on my device
    Works great (after having to Doctor my Pre after installing the "wrong" one yesterday, haha)!

Thanks Elryon!
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    kinda... do you have any other notification or sound/alert patches or apps?
    Just these
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I've updated the feeds and I get less errors now, but it still fails:

Hunk #1 FAILED at 52
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 96