Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    That's what it was. I had accidentally grabbed the 1.2.1 file and extracted from that one instead. Put the 1.3.1 file in and it installed fine. All my tones are correct now. Thanks for the help.
    Hello again Elyron, you were so helpful yesterday i thought I could count on your again, ok so I had it installed correctly yesterday and then tried to update on preware with no luck, now I can't get the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html to delete with wosqi, so that I can install the patch again, it says it's deleting but when I look in internalz or try to install the patch again it says it's there and can't install...please help.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    for one, I wouldn't install the one from preware yet... the old version got submitted instead of the new... beyond that... restart after deleting it...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I do have 7zip! But I really need a walkthrough of what exactly to do and where to go and what files to extract/send. If you don't have the time, totally understandable.
    I'm actually at work right now, spending waaay too much time on here... lol. I will try to get steps for you... or maybe cdbillups could help as that is just what he did....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

5. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Any help would be appreciated. I hear you with being on here too much at work...that's been me all week! lol
    I was only restarting luna before, trying a full on restart now to see if it deletes....thank you in advance
    Sadly it's still there, wosqi is not deleting it at all even after a full restart.
    Now my webosqi stopped connecting...I'm doing EPR from Preware, and installing your patch first, hopefully it will work.
  9. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    OMG! You are a life saver cdbillups!!! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
    Same thing still happening, even after doing EPR I still have that file and quick install will not delete it, is there another way to delete it? I can see it in Internalz but there is no delete.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee75 View Post
    Same thing still happening, even after doing EPR I still have that file and quick install will not delete it, is there another way to delete it? I can see it in Internalz but there is no delete.
    if you connect via winscp or putty or something else... basically gain linux access....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Okay. Here's the messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs $file$. $The$ $forum$ $won$'$t$ $let$ $me$ $attach$ $it$ $as$ $a$ .$js$ $so$ $I$ $had$ $to$ $zip$ $it$. $Extract$ $that$ $file$ $somewhere$.
    1. Open WebOS Quick Install.
    2. Click on Tools - Send a File.

3. Click the ... button at the end of the line marked File and browse to the messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs $file$ $you$ $extracted$.
    4. In the Destination Folder: cut and paste this -

\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\app\models

5. Click Send To Device!

Hopefully, you'll get a message about file successfully sent. Then try applying the patch again and see what happens.
    I wouldn't leave that up as it could be considered 'distributing' palm's code...
    probably best to just make a step by step on how to find the file with 7zip in the doctor file...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Sadly I don't know what any of those are...do u have links?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    try going to Main Page - WebOS Internals and following the directions there to get linux access.. (root)
    kind of a lot to just delete a file... you could keep trying with wosqi... make sure you have dev mode on... I'm pretty sure wosqi makes the drive rw before trying to delete... If you don't want to do that.. you could create a blank text file, rename it with the .html and send that with wosqi... from there just edit the .patch file with a text editor to replace the null for that file to the path and it should simply add those lines to the blank file..
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

15. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    I wouldn't leave that up as it could be considered 'distributing' palm's code...
    probably best to just make a step by step on how to find the file with 7zip in the doctor file...
    Sorry to get you in trouble cdbillups! I'll make sure I don't do anything to my phone to ruin this wonderful patch again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee75 View Post
    Sadly I don't know what any of those are...do u have links?
    No offense, but with all this conversing, you could have WebOS-doctored your phone about 25 times already, then just install the new patches.
    no 'Thanks'
    Removed my instructions to make sure to CMA. Wouldn't want the full legal force of Palm to com crashing down on me. Glad it worked for you.
    I think I know where the issue is for both... just need to find a fix

The patch uploaded to preware was the wrong version... wait for the updated one I submitted today (I let them know on irc so hopefully it won't take long..) Sorry everyone, my bad. Also, yes you should uninstall any other notification patches... install this first and then try the other patch if you still need it..
    i just doctored my phone and started from scratch because patch wouldnt work i wish i would of waited a little longer have been waiting for this patch for 1.3.1 days now just will have to suck it up dosent really matter you guys rock for all you guys do cant wait thank you
    I think I know where the issue is for both... just need to find a fix.

The patch uploaded to preware was the wrong version... wait for the updated one I submitted today (I let them know on irc so hopefully it won't take long..) Sorry everyone, my bad. Also, yes you should uninstall any other notification patches... install this first and then try the other patch if you still need it..
    great cant wait for the updated on to go through.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    No offense, but with all this conversing, you could have WebOS-doctored your phone about 25 times already, then just install the new patches.
    When you run Web-OS-Doctor does it delete all your personal data too, or just all patches, apps etc.?