Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is the official thread for the App Launcher Wrap Pages patch.

Summary
    When scrolling in the direction of the last page when you reach the last App Launcher page and you continue to scroll the pages as if there was another one after the last page it will wrap around to the first page. If scrolling in the direction of the first page it will wrap to the last page.

It also will do the same when moving application icons from one page to another.

Installation
    The patch is available via Preware and\or WebOS Quick install. Please see the corresponding forums for patch installation instructions.

Download

Beta
    None

Planned Improvement/Updates
    - Extend this functionality to the open cards as well.
    - Experiment with smooth scrolling vs snapping.

Known Issues
    None

Change Log
    02-17-10 v1.4.0-3
    - Updated for WebOS 1.4

12-08-09 v1.3.1-??
    - Implemented my own page snapping so that we are not fighting the internal scroll logic that was causing allot of issues.
    - Added support for the reset to page patches

11-24-09 v1.3.1-19
    - Fixed problem with page indicies
    - Minimized chance of scrolling extra page after going past begin or end.

11-15-09 v1.3.1-13
    -Updated for WebOS v1.3.1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 03/05/2010 at 10:04 PM.
    I had been trying to figure out how to make it not snap to a page, to act more llike one big scrolling page side to side and up and down. Then i started working on other stuff. Can you try it and see if you think it cool, if it is post it?
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I had been trying to figure out how to make it not snap to a page, to act more llike one big scrolling page side to side and up and down. Then i started working on other stuff. Can you try it and see if you think it cool, if it is post it?
    I actually did play with this some. When i get a chance i will post a patch and see what everyone thinks.
    Is there any way to make sure all the icons stay in a column and prevent having to do sideways scrolling?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    awesome thanks

any chance you could modify it to work with cards as well? or is that a competely different book?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is there any way to make sure all the icons stay in a column and prevent having to do sideways scrolling?
    Have you tried just moving all your apps to a single page? Vertical scroll is already supported and as far as i know there is not limit to the number you can have an any one page. You could also use the Add Delete launcher pages to remove the unused pages.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalrule View Post
    awesome thanks

any chance you could modify it to work with cards as well? or is that a competely different book?
    I will take a look at this when i get a chance.
    it would be nice if card view did this as well for sure
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Have you tried just moving all your apps to a single page? Vertical scroll is already supported and as far as i know there is not limit to the number you can have an any one page. You could also use the Add Delete launcher pages to remove the unused pages.
    I have moved them all to a single page, but sometimes when moving or rearranging one will still pop off to the right where I don't want it.

Didn't know about the Add/Delete launcher pages, I will try to do that. Where do I find that option?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have moved them all to a single page, but sometimes when moving or rearranging one will still pop off to the right where I don't want it.

Didn't know about the Add/Delete launcher pages, I will try to do that. Where do I find that option?
    It is a patch available in Preware.
    Known Issues
    -Sometimes the page indicators do not update correctly.
    For what it's worth, the only time I'm seeing this issue is when I cycle between the first & last pages.

When on the first page, a left swipe will skip a page, and a right swipe will keep the page in place while correcting the indicator, vice versa for the last page.

Also, I happen to noticed one side effect of this "hanging" is that you can't move the icons until the indicator is corrected.

BTW...Thanks for all the great patches!
    I removed the old patch, and the update failed at line 164 hunk 3. Thanks by the way with 5 pages this patch is a nice addition.
    yes ive had the same issue and sent the maintainer an email and have not heard back yet
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This doesnt work now in conjunction with the Reset Scroll patch. Any update possible to correct this?

EDIT: POST 100!
    Last edited by knickrox13; 11/26/2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Post 100!
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    This doesnt work now in conjunction with the Reset Scroll patch. Any update possible to correct this?

so if i uninstall that reset scroll patch will this patch work again? is this what your saying? oh should i post the post number at every 100 point lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post

i have same issue
  17.    #17  
    All I will look at this issue as soon as I can. Doing Holiday stuff today but may have some time tonight to look at it.
    All I will look at this issue as soon as I can. Doing Holiday stuff today but may have some time tonight to look at it.
    thanks man i thought it was just me to tell you the truth lol so take your time happy thanksgiving
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I just uninstalled the reset page scroll patch and I was able to install the wrap page patch again. I'll wait to install the scroll patch until they can play nicely together. Happy Thanksgiving, I'm off to the in laws for food!, and by food I mean smoked turkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    I just uninstalled the reset page scroll patch and I was able to install the wrap page patch again. I'll wait to install the scroll patch until they can play nicely together. Happy Thanksgiving, I'm off to the in laws for food!, and by food I mean smoked turkey.

The launcher reset scroll on page change patch can be implemented maunally...

Patch Launcher Reset Scroll on Page Change - WebOS Internals

The only difference is the code below goes @ line 196 of the launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $with$ $the$ $wrap$ $pages$ $patch$ $installed$...

Code:
    	var scroller = this.getPageScroller(this.activePageIndex);
    	if (scroller && scroller.mojo) {
    		scroller.mojo.revealTop(0);
    	}
    Happy Thanksgiving!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast