Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Installed the latest version; works great

I would love it if the animations still occurred, but I'm still glad to have it functional again. Thanks.
    Just a quickie: have updated my Reset To First/Middle Page patches, fixes some previously-missed incompatibilities with Wrap Pages.

(N.B. Lclarkjr - you don't need to change Wrap Pages, but I think it no longer requires the this.deactivating changes and onActivate method I earlier suggested)
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Love the newest version being very snappy, anyway to enable to keep the scroll animation? Either way awesome job.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Found a possible bug?

Was moving the task app around and let it go to the last page well I figure I see if the wrapping still worked while moving. Its does but once I let go it broke the middle page. It now is jumping from page 1 to 3 back to 1 no page 2...

Also noticed while moving an app the scrolling is in effect and it does not just snap page to page.

Update: Luna restart fixed it...woot for luna manager on page 3
    what does this patch do???
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by paliotte View Post
    what does this patch do???
    Please see the first post.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    After installing the newest patch on 1.3.5, I'm noticing that sometimes it moves in the wrong direction when you swipe. Just play with it a little while and you will see what I mean. Seems to mostly get confused when you switch which direction you swipe.

Try this: I have 5 pages of icons (using add launcher pages patch). When i start out fresh on page 1 and swipe from left to right, it should take me to page 5. Instead it takes me to page 2. You have to mess with it a little to make it malfunction. After it moves in the wrong direction, swipe one more time and it will continue to move in the wrong direction. Then it fixes itself.
    Last edited by markbugs; 01/02/2010 at 06:01 AM.
  8.    #88  
    For those who have requested I have added a donate button to the first post.
    Is there a way to uninstall this patch? I used the Emergency Patch Recovery through WebOS Quick Install and it looks like it's still installed.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by oldarmstrong View Post
    Is there a way to uninstall this patch? I used the Emergency Patch Recovery through WebOS Quick Install and it looks like it's still installed.
    Try this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-i-remove.html
    Love idea of this patch but needed to uninstall. couple of issues:

-I lost a launcher page upon install. The icons were moved to the previous page, below. This is not crucial but a pain in the ***** when trying to move a full page of icons one by one.
    -I found that I couldn't always get the icons to move to the next page. Sometimes i could not move them within the same launcher page. (instead of shifting around other icons and creating a space for the dragging icon, the launcher page appeared to freeze. The moved icon then was just moved to the bottom of the page.
    -I would like to see the scrolling (instead of just snapping) be an option if possible.
    -I think that card functionality would be awesome.

Launcher patches running:
    4x4 v3
    Enable/Add Delete Pages
    Hide Amazon, MusicPlayer, Nascar, NFL
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Maybe its just me but it doesnt seem to play well with the 'Add Launcher pages' patch. As I swipe just one direction, I seems to get the same pages coming up more than once before I see a new page. Also If I swipe one direction and then back its on the wrong page. For example; I'm on page 2 and swipre to page 3. if I go back one page it should be back at page 2 but instead it jumps to another random page.

Love the patch and have been using it since it came out, just checking to see if anyone else has seen this behavior. Oh and I'm updated on the patch.
    So I could care less about the whole wrapping pages, I just want to speed up the animations when flipping between pages. I was directed to this thread by Xanthinealkaloid. Is there any way to keep the animation and have it sped up?
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    So I could care less about the whole wrapping pages, I just want to speed up the animations when flipping between pages. I was directed to this thread by Xanthinealkaloid. Is there any way to keep the animation and have it sped up?
    Unfortunately I do currently know of a way to speedup the animations.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Maybe its just me but it doesnt seem to play well with the 'Add Launcher pages' patch. As I swipe just one direction, I seems to get the same pages coming up more than once before I see a new page. Also If I swipe one direction and then back its on the wrong page. For example; I'm on page 2 and swipre to page 3. if I go back one page it should be back at page 2 but instead it jumps to another random page.

Love the patch and have been using it since it came out, just checking to see if anyone else has seen this behavior. Oh and I'm updated on the patch.
    I have also seen the wrong page come up occasionally. I believe this is a screen sensativity issue. For instance if you place your finger on the screen with the launcher visible and then simply rock your finger in opposite direction that your going to swipe then swipe you will see this happen. I think I can adjust the code to make it a little less sensative but will require a longer swipe before the page changes.

I have not had the issue of losing a launcher page or the problem with moving icons from one page to another however I will test to try and reproduce these issues when I get a chance.
    This patch has been working perfectly for me for a long time now.

The only very minor issue I've noticed when the pages wrap between first or last it doesn't let you move an icon off the first or last page back in the direction you just wrapped from.

Not a real big since it clear up if you go one extra page then go back to where you need to move the icon from.

hi!

thx so much for creating this patch! i just love it! it really makes the navigation so much easier. i cant stand the so annoying back'n-fwd.

i just replace devices & i lost most of my patches & apps so i doctored it and started from scratch in case there were any outdated|corrupted files and avoid more conflicts. so all apps & dls are the latest versions available out there. i also have the latest upgrade v1.4.1.1.

when i tried adding this patch i keep getting this error no matter which method i use and i cannot install it.

i tried doing it first via Preware & i got the error. i tried again & again, just in case, but i kept getting the same error:

Patch
    error installing: see ipkg log
    ok (button)
    ipkg log (button)-*BELOW*

**************************************************************************************************** ********

ipkg log:
    {it's pretty long. i assume you dont need the whole log. in any case everything that may be related to the error (?) - which is pretty much most of it... (see below)}:
    install:
    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-Rhp7fy http:// ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.4.1.1/org.webosinternals.patches. app-launcer-wrap-pages_1.4.1-1_all.ipkgFailed to download org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-wrap-pages. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'

failed:
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during 'install' operation

postinst:
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED --saving rejects to file urs/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

remove:
    removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-wrap-pages from root...

failed:
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during post-install script execution

after failing with the preware i did a luna restart (jic) and ran the WOSQI v3.1; & tried installing the patch with it. i got the same error: (see attached image)

HELP PLEASE? - wasnt sure if i could ask for help with this issue or if you if u would've preferred an email instead. i hope it's okay though.

have you heard of this before? i searched everywhere i knew where to look & didnt find anything related to it. what should i do? i used to have it before on my previous devices and it worked just fine even with everything i had installed.

are there any patches that i should not have that create conflict with this one? although, this was the first patch i tried to install and i still got the errors, even when it was the only one at the moment on the device. however now there are others. i tried again even after all the patches and in between, but i always got the exact same error. really where did i go wrong? what am i missing?

thx so much!!!

PLEASE REPLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    This is the official thread for the App Launcher Wrap Pages patch.

Summary
    When scrolling in the direction of the last page when you reach the last App Launcher page and you continue to scroll the pages as if there was another one after the last page it will wrap around to the first page. If scrolling in the direction of the first page it will wrap to the last page.

It also will do the same when moving application icons from one page to another.

Installation
    The patch is available via Preware and\or WebOS Quick install. Please see the corresponding forums for patch installation instructions.

Download

Beta
    None

Planned Improvement/Updates
    - Extend this functionality to the open cards as well.
    - Experiment with smooth scrolling vs snapping.

Known Issues
    None

Change Log
    02-17-10 v1.4.0-3
    - Updated for WebOS 1.4

12-08-09 v1.3.1-??
    - Implemented my own page snapping so that we are not fighting the internal scroll logic that was causing allot of issues.
    - Added support for the reset to page patches

11-24-09 v1.3.1-19
    - Fixed problem with page indicies
    - Minimized chance of scrolling extra page after going past begin or end.

11-15-09 v1.3.1-13
    -Updated for WebOS v1.3.1
  18.    #98  
    Try removing all other App Launcher patchs. If that works let me know which patch was causing the conflict.

If that doesn't do it try WebOS Repair utility with patch compatability turned off and replace any App Launcher files it complains about. Obviously remove all App Launcher patchs first.
    hi Lclarkjr!

thx for the quick reply & help!!!

now, i'm really sorry for for my ignorance & for what may seem to be a dumb question , but i'm not quite clear with what u meant. see, i'm fairly new at this, still learning... too simple instructions leave me hanging

1st: is v2 the latest version? (//forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/236486-webos-repair-utility-v2-01-a.html) it seems to be okay based on this info though. i have no way of knowing what version is the one i have when i first dl the doctor, but i know is not this one because i did it last year. [i wish they put the version # on the file name or the file properties at least. i learned the hard way to add it when i download new versions but i never did it to the 1st couple i downloaded. i dont overwrite. i prefer to keep them separate, JIC]

2nd: i'm a little confused by what u wrote. how do i replace any files that come up if i am removing them before i run it?

3rd: if i uninstall any launcher patches will that remove what i used them for?

like for example: if i remove the add|remove launcher pages, will that delete the pages i created, their names (for that patch), their order and the apps organization on each page. that was kind of a lot of work, a little tedious & i really would prefer to not lose all that.

will it be gone if i uninstall the patches that are used for these settings?

so sorry , i'm pretty lost here & i really cant take the risk of messing it up, u know?

if it isnt too much trouble, would u plz explain this? nothing big or complicated for u to do. just somewhat simpler, like for a beginner perhaps?

again, so sorry...

thx a lot!!
    Quote Originally Posted by keenah View Post
    stuff
    Oh. My. God.

Anyway, I was wondering if it was possible to wrap the launcher pages without taking out the animation? Taking out the animations to me seems awful, but I can't live without wrapping pages.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast