Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Any plans on incorporating the new preference settings for the phone repeat like you did for calendar and messaging?
    Yes already started just haven't had a chance to finish it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by reynamvictor View Post
    this work on 1.4.1.1?
    Yes
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Apologies up front for such a stupid question - where can I download the patch? The link from the page below

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...iscussion.html

takes me to this thread but no patch files are attached for download, as in other patch threads. Thanks for your patience...
    Okay, I really am an *****. Finally used the tweaks function of WebOSquickinstall and saw the patches there. I my <weak> defense, I thought patches were something you downloaded and installed, not something already in the tweak section of the program.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcppudge View Post
    Okay, I really am an *****. Finally used the tweaks function of WebOSquickinstall and saw the patches there. I my <weak> defense, I thought patches were something you downloaded and installed, not something already in the tweak section of the program.
    Actually you are not rong. They are both available in tweaks, Preware and as downloads.

I removed the download link for this patch after a more update version was already available in Preware and WebOS Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Is there any way to make this repeat a few times and then stop, so as to save the battery and/or the sanity of anybody who is around my phone when I can't get to it?

Also: is there any way to have a different sound for the repeat notification, so that if I hear the original notification but am unable to do anything about it (e.g., I'm driving), I won't think that the repeat notification is a new message?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Is there any way to make this repeat a few times and then stop, so as to save the battery and/or the sanity of anybody who is around my phone when I can't get to it?

Also: is there any way to have a different sound for the repeat notification, so that if I hear the original notification but am unable to do anything about it (e.g., I'm driving), I won't think that the repeat notification is a new message?
    Yes, I have already begun work on this feature just have not had a chance to complete it.

I will have to think about the sound part.
    lclarkjr I installed the patch but I don't see where to configure the settings like I did in the calendar, message, and email notifications. I looked in phone preferences can you steer me in the right direction?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    lclarkjr I installed the patch but I don't see where to configure the settings like I did in the calendar, message, and email notifications. I looked in phone preferences can you steer me in the right direction?
    I am still working on this for the Phone Notification Repeat patch. The phone does not have a preference dialog, it has a preference App so i will have to take a slightly different approach to this one. I have begun the work just have not had a chance to complete it yet.
    ok just making sure I wasn't going blind. Love your patches
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Yes, I have already begun work on this feature just have not had a chance to complete it.

I will have to think about the sound part.
    Good to hear.

On all my previous phones, which were all dumbphones, the repeat alerts were a simple beep. This was a great way to tell immediately whether the phone was reminding you of an old message or whether a new one had arrived in the meantime. I hope you are able to implement this (the feature, I mean...I am aware that I will probably have to find and install my own "simple beep" ringtone if I want to emulate my old phones' functionality).

Ideally this would be implemented for the phone and the messaging repeat patches. I assume there are folks out there who would also want it for email notifications...hopefully transferring it over to the other patches wouldn't be too much work for you.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    is there any chance this patch might provoke the bug that sometime happens to me and a few people with this patch too?

The bug is that sometime when i receive a phone call the pre is completely mute, i mean either the ringtone either the vibro and the screen is off and only thing i see is at the end of the call it appears the usual notification down.

I write this here cause i made some tests with other pre users with this bug and the only patch we have in common is this. :|

we are discussing here
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...l-problem.html
  13.    #53  
    [QUOTE=Seymour77;2483616]is there any chance this patch might provoke the bug that sometime happens to me and a few people with this patch too?

The bug is that sometime when i receive a phone call the pre is completely mute, i mean either the ringtone either the vibro and the screen is off and only thing i see is at the end of the call it appears the usual notification down.

I write this here cause i made some tests with other pre users with this bug and the only patch we have in common is this. :|

we are discussing here
    [url]

So anything is possible. However I have not experienced this issue. I recommend uninstalling the patch for a while and see if you still experience the indesirable behavior.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    So anything is possible. However I have not experienced this issue. I recommend uninstalling the patch for a while and see if you still experience the indesirable behavior.
    I will, even if this patch is so confortable
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour77 View Post
    I will, even if this patch is so confortable
    Let me know if you still have the problem after having the patch uninstalled for a while.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Let me know if you still have the problem after having the patch uninstalled for a while.
    ok after a week, if i won't have this issue, i'll tell u.
    And i'm not the only one doing this test
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I had issue without the patch, so it's cool, no bug for this one
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour77 View Post
    I had issue without the patch, so it's cool, no bug for this one
    Thank you for the update.
    OK so first let me say that I love this patch, I cant live without it - but I would like something added

Feature Request

the ability to dismiss the repeat by pressing the power button 2-3 times in a row fast or cycle the ringer switch

my problem is that I work and I cant get to my phone when it goes off in my pocket so I would like to cancel the repeat without having to take the phone out of my pocket - my hands are usually dirty and I dont want to scratch my screen up or dirty the phone with grease or oil I have on my hands - I could press the power button through my pants pocket prprpr $even$ $cycle$ $the$ $ringer$ $switch$

I have a problem where I will be texting someone and I will say "I will talk to you tomorrow" and then I get a text that says "ok" - I f-ing hate this because I have to go back to my phone and dismiss this or I will here it all the time

it would be nice if the app would have the ability to NOT repeat the reminder if the messaging app is still open, not only if the keyboard is open
    Patiently waiting for ability to change the notification to every 30 mins from 2 mins, Please incorporate 30 mins.... Thanks and plus max repeats. Thanks, love your patches.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast