Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by icesalmon View Post
    I tested the newer version, now it works on both open and closed slider positions. Thank you so much!

Is it possible that you can upload different version of this patch in 10 seconds, 20 second, or 1 minute interval?
    Actually, I have been thinking about this. I would rather figure out how to allow users to set their desired interval. I will work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    The latest version .16 is now available in Preware.
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will no longer miss all the important stuff in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1000000000000000000000000000000000 thanks!!!!!!!!!!

(Strangely, LED notification still doesn't work, but I don't think I care)
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Actually, I have been thinking about this. I would rather figure out how to allow users to set their desired interval. I will work on it.
    Well, that would be difficult, since you would have to write a whole UI, which is outside the patch. Barring that, you could read a text-based configuration file on the USB partition or something.

Personally, I think 2 min is just perfect. That is the exact same setting I used to use on my Treo. I just hope this stuff doesn't break with each WebOS update! I NEED IT!!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will no longer miss all the important stuff in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1000000000000000000000000000000000 thanks!!!!!!!!!!

My LED notification DOES work properly after installing this updated patch. It takes about a minute for it to start flashing which I think is when the missed call alert kicks in.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thank you again, the blinking led patcher should thank you too
    Ooops- my bad. It was late at night, when I reinstalled the LED again, I forgot to turn it on (the default is off) before testing. It works!!!! Now I have repeating notifications *AND* LED notification!!!! What a wonderful weekend!
    I downloaded your patch here, and used notepad++ to change the interval to 10 seconds. Thanks to your clear documentation inside the patch, this is easy to do. The patch was installed to my Pre via WOSQI.
    It works fine. I can't thank you enough.
    I downloaded your patch here, and used notepad++ to change the interval to 10 seconds. Thanks to your clear documentation inside the patch, this is easy to do. The patch was installed to my Pre via WOSQI.
    It works fine. I can't thank you enough.
    can u please post a complete step by step of how to do that? thank you
    I downloaded your patch here, and used notepad++ to change the interval to 10 seconds.
    I don't think that is a wise thing to do (10 seconds). You have to realize that every time it goes to repeat the notification, it has to wake up, power up fully, turn on the screen, turn on the backlight, process things, make a sound and/or vibe, then shutdown again.

You can kiss your battery goodbye!

All it takes is for you to be on a trip or something, and have the phone accidentally on vibe and yet not touching you. After a few (or several??) hours the battery drains what was left and leaves you without a phone when you need it. (I know, this has happened to me several times, and that is with my Treo on a 2 min delay).

Just a caution. Two minutes seems like a reasonable compromise- short enough to get notice; but not too short to destroy the battery too quickly and not too long that you can easily miss it and/or return a message in short order.
    I just realized that 10 seconds is a little too frequent. I am going to change mine to 30 seconds interval.

Eric,
    If you have the Phone notification patch installed from Preware, remember to remove it first.

1. download the latest patch from page 1 on this thread.
    2. download notepad++ Browse Notepad++ Files on SourceForge.net
    3. Use notepad++ to open the patch.
    4. When the patch is opened in Notepad++, go to line 111 and change the value to interval you want. 2*10*1000 means 20 seconds
    playSoundTime = new Date(playSoundTime.getTime() + 2*10*1000)
    5. Save the patch.
    6. Open WebOS Quick install and connect your Pre.
    7. drag the patch to the window and click install.
    Last edited by icesalmon; 11/22/2009 at 01:43 PM.
  11.    #31  
    Glad to see that you where able to mod the patch to better suit your preference.

I hope to be able to figure out how to let the user set/save the repeat interval via the UI so that more people will be able to do the same thing.
    This is the most usefull patch available. Thank you.

One note for anyone having difficulting getting it installed/working: I had trouble getting it to work via Preware install and Tweaks->Online Repository section of the WebOS quick install -- it seemed to install, but didn't work, and would not uninstall (kept getting an error when running the script to uninstall). I solved this by simply by following icesalmon's instructions above (post #30) -- steps 1, 6, and 7. (Did not need to modify the 2 minute default repeat interval.)
    Last edited by scorf; 01/17/2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: clarification
    It is the most useful and most important patch there is, hands-down.
    Lclarkjr, thanks so much for your phone and messaging repeat patches. They are a "must have" for me. Working as advertised on a Verizon Pre Plus WebOS 1.3.5.1

Where is your PayPal link? These are worthy of reimbursement!

thanks again.
  15.    #35  
    For those who have asked I just added a donate button to the first post.
    Just an FYI: The Phone Notification Repeat patch seems to work in 1.4. But the Messaging Notification Repeat does not (yet).
  17.    #37  
    Just an FYI: The Phone Notification Repeat patch seems to work in 1.4. But the Messaging Notification Repeat does not (yet).
    Yes I am working it now. They changed how sounds are handled a little. I have it working for email notifications now. Should be similar fix for my other notification patchs.
    Yes I am working it now. They changed how sounds are handled a little. I have it working for email notifications now. Should be similar fix for my other notification patchs.
    Thanks, I figured both. I noticed on the phone reminder that the notification sound changed- now it sounds like a phone and it is LOUD (which I like). But it didn't change the system sound (which is still used for SMS). That doesn't make sense to me, since there are no stock audible notifications for phone, except the ringer.

I also noticed that during phone notification, the LED will blink TWICE each time, while it blinks only once for SMS. Was it like that before?
    Any plans on incorporating the new preference settings for the phone repeat like you did for calendar and messaging?
    +1
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast