Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is the official thread for the Messaging Notification Repeat patch.

Summary
    It will update the Messaging App so that new message notifications will repeat every X minutes until you either view the message, dismiss the notification or the maximum repeat is reached. Preferences can be set in the preference dialog.

Installation
    The patch is available via Preware and\or WebOS Quick install. Please see the corresponding forums for patch installation instructions.

Download
    messaging-notification-repeat.patch

Beta
    None

Planned Improvement/Updates
    - Set vibrate options
    - Option to not repeat if screen is on
    - Set repeat sound.

Known Issues
    - Must set notification repeat preferences on the messaging preferences dialog for it to work properly.

Change Log
    03-23-10 v1.4.0-??
    - Added capability for the user to set the repeat time interval. Can be set from preferences dialog.
    - Added max repeat support, also configurable via the preferences dialog.
    - Fixed notification repeat sound to use correct sound.

03-03-10 v1.4.0-24
    - Updated for WebOS v1.4

11-23-09 v1.3.1-19
    - Updated to work with SMS Tone Per Contact patch (repeat sound is now the sound set in the contact preference).

11-15-09 v1.3.1-13
    -Updated for WebOS v1.3.1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 08/29/2010 at 11:36 AM.
    is this just sms? or email and phoneapp too?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    is this just sms? or email and phoneapp too?
    This thread is just for the messaging patch. Thier are coresponding threads for the email and phone since issues most likely will not be the same between them.

Email

Phone

Calendar
    Is there a way to make a patch for the free version (or both versions - i don't mean to be selfish) of Tweed?

Using the same logic in the patch..or would this possibly be broken each time Tweed updates?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    For anyone else reading this thread, the patch doesn't work for some of us. If you have tried it in 1.3.1 and it does not work, please post a detailed description of what you did, how you tested it, and what other patches you have installed! Thanks

(previous thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2041400 )
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Is there a way to make a patch for the free version (or both versions - i don't mean to be selfish) of Tweed?

Using the same logic in the patch..or would this possibly be broken each time Tweed updates?
    Hmm, I am sure it is possible but I'm not sure about the legalities given they are not open source apps. I would recommend posting a request on their support pages.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    For anyone else reading this thread, the patch doesn't work for some of us. If you have tried it in 1.3.1 and it does not work, please post a detailed description of what you did, how you tested it, and what other patches you have installed! Thanks

(previous thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2041400 )
    From what i have seen on several other threads over the past few days there are many people having issues with notifications in general, even those who have never applied patches.
    this one its not working for me at all only the sms patch works
    I noticed the new x.13 version for sms notification repeat patch today so I tried it. Like the x.10 version of the phone notification repeat, it still doesn't work for me. Waited 30 minutes
  10.    #10  
    I noticed the new x.13 version for sms notification repeat patch today so I tried it. Like the x.10 version of the phone notification repeat, it still doesn't work for me. Waited 30 minutes
    Please provide more detail about other patches, steps to reproduce, connection type 1x, evdo, wifi etc. This patch works perfect in all tests I have ruun so I need details to reproduce the issue.

Note I know what is wrong with the phone notification repeat now and am working on a solution.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    this one its not working for me at all only the sms patch works
    Please see post 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Please provide more detail about other patches, steps to reproduce, connection type 1x, evdo, wifi etc. This patch works perfect in all tests I have ruun so I need details to reproduce the issue.

Note I know what is wrong with the phone notification repeat now and am working on a solution.
    (Background: I have no other patches installed. Although I have installed a few in the past and removed them before the 1.3.1 upgrade. The only patch I left in place through the upgrade was the LED notification patch, and I removed that later when trying to get the notification repeat patches to work. I use Preware. Plus the LED notification patch doesn't work either (and it was working fine in 1.2). I don't know if the notification repeat patches would have worked in 1.2, since I didn't discover them until right after I upgraded to 1.3.1.)

So I just tested it again, and now it is working!!! For the first time!!!! This is the SMS repeat reminder! I am extremely excited now! This is the .13 version. I think it didn't work when I first installed it because I had not restarted Luna. Please note that the .10 version did NOT work (and I did restart Luna, and even reboot).

So I retested the PHONE repeat reminder. The latest version of that is .10, and it still does not work. But now that SOMETHING works (SMS), this is looking very promising!
    Last edited by crxssi; 11/20/2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: wrong version number typed
  13.    #13  
    (Background: I have no other patches installed. Although I have installed a few in the past and removed them before the 1.3.1 upgrade. The only patch I left in place through the upgrade was the LED notification patch, and I removed that later when trying to get the notification repeat patches to work. I use Preware. Plus the LED notification patch doesn't work either (and it was working fine in 1.2). I don't know if the notification repeat patches would have worked in 1.2, since I didn't discover them until right after I upgraded to 1.3.1.)

So I just tested it again, and now it is working!!! For the first time!!!! This is the SMS repeat reminder! I am extremely excited now! This is the .13 version. I think it didn't work when I first installed it because I had not restarted Luna. Please note that the .10 version did NOT work (and I did restart Luna, and even reboot).

So I retested the PHONE repeat reminder. The latest version of that is .10, and it still does not work. But now that SOMETHING works (SMS), this is looking very promising!
    Just updated the phone notification repeat last night.Watch for it in Preware or download the patch from the official thread: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...04#post2041604
    now it is working!!! For the first time!!!! This is the SMS repeat reminder! I am extremely excited now! This is the .13 version.
    Just an FYI: Today I reinstalled the LED notification patch and tested it with SMS repeat reminder installed. (And those are the only two installed patches)

The LED notification is still not working, but the SMS repeat reminder is. This isn't a huge big deal, since the SMS repeat reminder is SO MUCH MORE USEFUL. Still, it is odd that LED notification is no longer working (and it hasn't been updated since Nov 1, so I assume the two files it touches hasn't really changed from 1.2 to 1.3.1).
    lclarkjr can you possibly tell me what I need to modify to make the patch reference the message tones instead of the notification tones.?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    lclarkjr can you possibly tell me what I need to modify to make the patch reference the message tones instead of the notification tones.?
    Ok, so i just looked at the tone issue you have been having. The problem is that the notification repeat patch does not know about the tone per contact patch and thus does not have access to the different tones.

I will work on creating a second patch that works with the SMS Tone per Contacts Patch.

This has been on my to-do list but just have not gotten there yet. I will attempt to get this done tonight.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    This is a great patch and one that I've needed since day one! Many thanks!

Before installing this patch, when I would go to bed at night I would disable "System Sounds" so that I could still hear the phone ring but emails and txts message alerts would not sound. Unfortunately, I now get alerts overnight even though the "System Sounds" setting is off. Any thoughts? Thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Before installing this patch, when I would go to bed at night I would disable "System Sounds" so that I could still hear the phone ring but emails and txts message alerts would not sound. Unfortunately, I now get alerts overnight even though the "System Sounds" setting is off. Any thoughts? Thx!
    Wow- that is an unusual situation. I can't imagine wanting to hear the phone ring but NOT want to know about SMS. Email I can understand, though, since that could be spam or other annoying stuff.

Keep in mind that this patch does not affect phone or Email alerts, ONLY SMS. There are separate patches for phone and Email notifications.

But I see where you are going with it- if system sounds are off, then you want the patch to honor it. He might not be able to access or know about the system sounds setting from inside the patch code. I guess we wait and see what he thinks.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    This is a great patch and one that I've needed since day one! Many thanks!

Hmmmm, I will have to look at this. There is nothing (at least that i saw previously) in the messaging code that checks for this setting. I have tried to honor all system preferences (maybe not successfully) in my patches thus far. For messaging they only preference the code was checking that i had seen was whether or not the preference in the app was set to play sounds. Anyway i will look into it.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    First let me say i just realized that it may have seemed like i was putting you off or not helping you with your request. The reality is that having not used the SMS Tone Per Contact patch previously i was not certain in what direction to send you.

Ok, so i got this working and was able to do it without a second patch. I will be posting it in just a few minutes.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast