Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    could this be modified so that the repeat only happens when the screen is off or locked. Maybe also the power can kill the repeating?

it's almost perfect, thanks!
    I will add this to my list of things to look at.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I tried to remove the patch, and on the messaging preferences, it shows the the notification repeat box, with repeat interval and max repeats, but no option to change it and doesn't respond to touch. On preware, it does not list the patch as being installed, and all the ways mentioned to remove patches such as EPR, webosrepair, etc didn't work. When I try to reinstall the patch, I get an error message that it cannot run the command etc. and cannot install. Short of using webosdoctor to wipe out everything, how can I get the notification repeat to work again? I have Verizon pre plus.
    thanks
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdunn View Post
    I tried to remove the patch, and on the messaging preferences, it shows the the notification repeat box, with repeat interval and max repeats, but no option to change it and doesn't respond to touch. On preware, it does not list the patch as being installed, and all the ways mentioned to remove patches such as EPR, webosrepair, etc didn't work. When I try to reinstall the patch, I get an error message that it cannot run the command etc. and cannot install. Short of using webosdoctor to wipe out everything, how can I get the notification repeat to work again? I have Verizon pre plus.
    thanks
    When you ran webos repair utility do you turn off the patch compatability?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    When you ran webos repair utility do you turn off the patch compatability?
    yes, I did.
  5.    #125  
    yes, I did.
    Did it say ant messaging ap files needed to be replaced?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Did it say ant messaging ap files needed to be replaced?
    I had a number of MD5 checksum errors, and replaced all the files that were needed. Just did it again to make sure. Since 1.4.5 for Verizon is due on 8/30 according to Verizon, I wanted to remove all my patches anyway before the upgrade.
    Still have the same problem, with it showing the notification options on the preferences for text messages but no way to access them or chose the number, etc, and cannot reinstall. All other patches were removed. No patches indicated in Preware app.
  7.    #127  
    I had a number of MD5 checksum errors, and replaced all the files that were needed. Just did it again to make sure. Since 1.4.5 for Verizon is due on 8/30 according to Verizon, I wanted to remove all my patches anyway before the upgrade.
    Still have the same problem, with it showing the notification options on the preferences for text messages but no way to access them or chose the number, etc, and cannot reinstall. All other patches were removed. No patches indicated in Preware app.
    Have you rebooted?

If you ran repair utility and replaced all files I am very confused as to why you would still be seeing notification stuff.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Can I make the repeat sound different than the default SMS sound?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Have you rebooted?

If you ran repair utility and replaced all files I am very confused as to why you would still be seeing notification stuff.
    I even took out the battery and rebooted, same problem. Would a partial reset work? Or do I need to do a full reset or doctor?
  10.    #130  
    I even took out the battery and rebooted, same problem. Would a partial reset work? Or do I need to do a full reset or doctor?
    To be perfectly honest I cannot explain how you could still be seeing anything from the notification patch after running WebOS Repair Utility and replacing any messaging app files it complained about. You can try the other options you mention but truly the Repair Utility should have taken care of it.
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Can I make the repeat sound different than the default SMS sound?
    Not currently, i will add this to my todo list.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I finally ran WebOS Doctor, and that did work. Thanks for the help.
    I actually commented on the wrong Patch. This is the patch I am waiting to come to WebOS 2.1. Any thoughts on when that may happen? Thanks..
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    What is the current status of this patch? Will it work on the current release of WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by txjak View Post
    What is the current status of this patch? Will it work on the current release of WebOS?
    Yes, I am wondering the same thing. I would like to upgrade to 2.1 on my AT&T Pre Plus but I need this functionality. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks..
    I'd love to have this patch on 2.1 as well. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Me too. Repeat text notification sound on 2.1 would be really useful.
    this really needs to be available for 2.1, please, my wife has yelled at me several times because, I didn't respond to a text. Help!
    Lclarkjr!

We need your help!

Need this patch for my Panda Veer

Thanks in advance!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567