webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Messaging Notification Repeat
[Patch] Messaging Notification Repeat

Old 08/17/2010, 07:23 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
could this be modified so that the repeat only happens when the screen is off or locked. Maybe also the power can kill the repeating?

it's almost perfect, thanks!
I will add this to my list of things to look at.
lclarkjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: patricksmangan
Old 08/28/2010, 03:58 PM   #122 (permalink)

I tried to remove the patch, and on the messaging preferences, it shows the the notification repeat box, with repeat interval and max repeats, but no option to change it and doesn't respond to touch. On preware, it does not list the patch as being installed, and all the ways mentioned to remove patches such as EPR, webosrepair, etc didn't work. When I try to reinstall the patch, I get an error message that it cannot run the command etc. and cannot install. Short of using webosdoctor to wipe out everything, how can I get the notification repeat to work again? I have Verizon pre plus.
thanks
mrdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/2010, 04:16 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdunn View Post
I tried to remove the patch, and on the messaging preferences, it shows the the notification repeat box, with repeat interval and max repeats, but no option to change it and doesn't respond to touch. On preware, it does not list the patch as being installed, and all the ways mentioned to remove patches such as EPR, webosrepair, etc didn't work. When I try to reinstall the patch, I get an error message that it cannot run the command etc. and cannot install. Short of using webosdoctor to wipe out everything, how can I get the notification repeat to work again? I have Verizon pre plus.
thanks
When you ran webos repair utility do you turn off the patch compatability?
Old 08/28/2010, 05:59 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
When you ran webos repair utility do you turn off the patch compatability?
yes, I did.
Old 08/28/2010, 06:05 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
yes, I did.
Did it say ant messaging ap files needed to be replaced?
Old 08/28/2010, 09:52 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Did it say ant messaging ap files needed to be replaced?
I had a number of MD5 checksum errors, and replaced all the files that were needed. Just did it again to make sure. Since 1.4.5 for Verizon is due on 8/30 according to Verizon, I wanted to remove all my patches anyway before the upgrade.
Still have the same problem, with it showing the notification options on the preferences for text messages but no way to access them or chose the number, etc, and cannot reinstall. All other patches were removed. No patches indicated in Preware app.
Old 08/28/2010, 10:16 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
I had a number of MD5 checksum errors, and replaced all the files that were needed. Just did it again to make sure. Since 1.4.5 for Verizon is due on 8/30 according to Verizon, I wanted to remove all my patches anyway before the upgrade.
Still have the same problem, with it showing the notification options on the preferences for text messages but no way to access them or chose the number, etc, and cannot reinstall. All other patches were removed. No patches indicated in Preware app.
Have you rebooted?

If you ran repair utility and replaced all files I am very confused as to why you would still be seeing notification stuff.
Old 08/28/2010, 11:07 PM   #128 (permalink)

Can I make the repeat sound different than the default SMS sound?
schlk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2010, 12:11 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you rebooted?

If you ran repair utility and replaced all files I am very confused as to why you would still be seeing notification stuff.
I even took out the battery and rebooted, same problem. Would a partial reset work? Or do I need to do a full reset or doctor?
Old 08/29/2010, 12:32 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
I even took out the battery and rebooted, same problem. Would a partial reset work? Or do I need to do a full reset or doctor?
To be perfectly honest I cannot explain how you could still be seeing anything from the notification patch after running WebOS Repair Utility and replacing any messaging app files it complained about. You can try the other options you mention but truly the Repair Utility should have taken care of it.
Old 08/29/2010, 12:33 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
Can I make the repeat sound different than the default SMS sound?
Not currently, i will add this to my todo list.
Old 08/29/2010, 02:08 PM   #132 (permalink)

I finally ran WebOS Doctor, and that did work. Thanks for the help.
Old 02/25/2011, 04:59 PM   #133 (permalink)

I actually commented on the wrong Patch. This is the patch I am waiting to come to WebOS 2.1. Any thoughts on when that may happen? Thanks..
stilger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/02/2011, 10:54 PM   #134 (permalink)

What is the current status of this patch? Will it work on the current release of WebOS?
TXjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2011, 12:56 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjak View Post
What is the current status of this patch? Will it work on the current release of WebOS?
Yes, I am wondering the same thing. I would like to upgrade to 2.1 on my AT&T Pre Plus but I need this functionality. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks..
stilger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 11:25 PM   #136 (permalink)

I'd love to have this patch on 2.1 as well. Thanks!!
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2011, 09:56 AM   #137 (permalink)

Me too. Repeat text notification sound on 2.1 would be really useful.
iainmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2011, 11:14 PM   #138 (permalink)

this really needs to be available for 2.1, please, my wife has yelled at me several times because, I didn't respond to a text. Help!
Mjclaypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2012, 12:43 AM   #139 (permalink)

Lclarkjr!

We need your help!

Need this patch for my Panda Veer

Thanks in advance!
taringaheroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
messaging, notification, patch, repeat

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0