Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 139
  1. sweaner's Avatar
    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #101  
    Thanks LC, that would be great if you could do it.
  2. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #102  
    I just noticed that this patch has stopped working for me. (probably after 1.4.1.1 update)

    I don't get the repeat notification. I uninstalled and re-installed using preware, but still didn't work.

    Edit - got it to work after changing the settings in preference.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by RMB; 04/20/2010 at 01:44 PM.
  3. #103  
    Success! I was looking for this thread so I could post a problem I was having!

    After upgrading to version 1.4.1.1, this patch is not install via Preware but installing via WebOSQI 3.11 but not working.

    It seems after a quick read, others are having problems with this patch as well.

    Does the developer know about this issue?

    If not, how do we contact him? If he is not available to update and fix it, can another developer take a look at the problem?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Success! I was looking for this thread so I could post a problem I was having!

    After upgrading to version 1.4.1.1, this patch is not install via Preware but installing via WebOSQI 3.11 but not working.

    It seems after a quick read, others are having problems with this patch as well.

    Does the developer know about this issue?

    If not, how do we contact him? If he is not available to update and fix it, can another developer take a look at the problem?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    The only install related issue that i know of currently is a conflict with the messaging plugin. I have not had a chance to look at this issue yet.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I just noticed that this patch has stopped working for me. (probably after 1.4.1.1 update)

    I don't get the repeat notification. I uninstalled and re-installed using preware, but still didn't work.

    Edit - got it to work after changing the settings in preference.

    Thanks.
    was wondering why this wasn't working either.....thanx for pointing out settings in the apps preferences....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    The only install related issue that i know of currently is a conflict with the messaging plugin. I have not had a chance to look at this issue yet.
    Thanks for the fast reply.

    And actually I do have the Messaging Plugin installed.

    But as I said, it your patch did work prior to 1.4.1.1 but the Messaging Plugin has also been upgraded as well.

    So now, that you told me you knew there was an issue with the Messaging Plugin, I'm not sure which app broke the patch.

    I do know that so other patches can't be installed after the Messaging Plugin is installed.

    So I had installed some patches prior to installing the Messaging Plugin.

    I could test removing the Messaging Plugin and then install your patch and then re-install the Messaging Plug and see what happens.

    I do wish it was an easy fix on your end, because the Messaging Plugin is more complex to get install properly.

    I will test this out some time later tonight or tomorrow. Maybe you can take a quick look and hopefully find the issue so I won't have to try my test out.

    If I do do the test, I will let you know all the issues I have and maybe that will help you fix the patch.

    BTW, would the error log help you with fixing it.

    That I can do easily and upload that to you if you think that will help!

    Thanks again!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply.

    And actually I do have the Messaging Plugin installed.

    But as I said, it your patch did work prior to 1.4.1.1 but the Messaging Plugin has also been upgraded as well.

    So now, that you told me you knew there was an issue with the Messaging Plugin, I'm not sure which app broke the patch.

    I do know that so other patches can't be installed after the Messaging Plugin is installed.

    So I had installed some patches prior to installing the Messaging Plugin.

    I could test removing the Messaging Plugin and then install your patch and then re-install the Messaging Plug and see what happens.

    I do wish it was an easy fix on your end, because the Messaging Plugin is more complex to get install properly.

    I will test this out some time later tonight or tomorrow. Maybe you can take a quick look and hopefully find the issue so I won't have to try my test out.

    If I do do the test, I will let you know all the issues I have and maybe that will help you fix the patch.

    BTW, would the error log help you with fixing it.

    That I can do easily and upload that to you if you think that will help!

    Thanks again!

    Rob
    Sure PM me the log it may help.

    At airport on my way to Germany now though so not sure when i will get a chance to look at this issue.
  8. #108  
    I think the conflict may come from the additional items in Preferences & Accounts tab. I had both installed before 1.4.1. There was no problem at all. After 1.4.1, messaging plugin adds the "Accept Bad Cert" option in Preference & Accounts. I remember the Messaging Notification Repeat also adds a couple of additional options in Preference & Accounts.

    I could be totally wrong. I am not a developer. Just to share my thought.

    By the way, I really like to have both. Currently, I have to pick Messaging Plugin but I really need this one as well.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by fengfengw View Post
    I think the conflict may come from the additional items in Preferences & Accounts tab. I had both installed before 1.4.1. There was no problem at all. After 1.4.1, messaging plugin adds the "Accept Bad Cert" option in Preference & Accounts. I remember the Messaging Notification Repeat also adds a couple of additional options in Preference & Accounts.

    I could be totally wrong. I am not a developer. Just to share my thought.

    By the way, I really like to have both. Currently, I have to pick Messaging Plugin but I really need this one as well.
    You are probably correct. I will vierify as soon as i can.

    I am in Germany through the 30th on business and spending as much free time as I can doing some sight seeing etc. However i may find some time in the evenings to work on this.
  10. #110  
    yea this hasn't ben working for me and it was because of the new menu in the pref/accoubts section - that should have been turned on by default when the patch is installed - no reason I should have to turn it on if I already was using that patch and just updated it

    also for people who just install it the first time, it should have that turned on by default
  11. #111  
    Any news on a non-English Interface in the settings? Still can't use them. The Calender Notification Repeat does work since the newly released patch for a german translation.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by john-vogel View Post
    Any news on a non-English Interface in the settings? Still can't use them. The Calender Notification Repeat does work since the newly released patch for a german translation.
    I'm also interested in this. It breaks the settings screen. Actually it's the same for the email notification patch too.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by john-vogel View Post
    Any news on a non-English Interface in the settings? Still can't use them. The Calender Notification Repeat does work since the newly released patch for a german translation.
    I'll get to it as soon as I can, I have been very busy lately.
  14. #114  
    +1 for getting this to be compatible with the plugins. I just realized I need this because if I'm doing something, I can forget to respond to someone and it'll take an hour for me to get back to them
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 05/25/2010 at 12:38 PM.
  15. #115  
    Is it possible to add a 30 minute interval in the times? Thanks
  16. #116  
    or else could the one that doesn't change the messenger preferences be put in the preware feed? So I can use with the plugins?

    $10 donation if a fully patch and plugin compatible version is put in preware.
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 07/02/2010 at 06:48 PM.
  17. #117  
    figured out how to use this with the plugins. You just have to install this patch before the installing the plugins. Donation sent!
  18. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #118  
    Great patch, though I'd like the reminder vibrate to be a bit longer. I have my SMS set to vibrate 2 seconds on new messages, it would be nice if the reminder was 2 seconds as well.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Great patch, though I'd like the reminder vibrate to be a bit longer. I have my SMS set to vibrate 2 seconds on new messages, it would be nice if the reminder was 2 seconds as well.
    I agree and it is already on my todo list.
  20. #120  
    could this be modified so that the repeat only happens when the screen is off or locked. Maybe also the power [button] can kill the repeating?

    it's almost perfect, thanks!
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 08/17/2010 at 06:29 AM.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions