Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    lclarkjr, I used this one extensively along with your delete from notification. I hope you don't mind but I have updated for 1.4 it works great for me I even reinstalled my sms per tone contact and the tone plays for each contact missed. Too cool!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    lclarkjr, I used this one extensively along with your delete from notification. I hope you don't mind but I have updated for 1.4 it works great for me I even reinstalled my sms per tone contact and the tone plays for each contact missed. Too cool!
    It works... THANK U... i love this patch.. especially because 1.4 changed the text vibe... ive been missing texts at work... now i can breathe again
    lclarkjr and mamouton thanks so much! if it weren't for this support forum and it's contributors, would have abandoned the Pre last summer. I use SMS for work paging, so repeat notifications are a "basic necessity".
    How do I apply the .patch file that mamouton made?

lclarkjr, will you still be creating a patch?

Thanks!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Np any help with updates is welcome.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by elmiron3 View Post
    How do I apply the .patch file that mamouton made?

lclarkjr, will you still be creating a patch?

Thanks!
    Drag and drop it into WebOS Quick Install.

Yes after I review the changes I will submit it to the patch feed.
  7.    #47  
    I just submitted the patch should be available soon.

Thanks goes to mamouton.
    THANK YOU! This is the one patch I can't live without.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    The updated patch doesn't seem to work after installing via Preware or QI.

I have the 'sms vibrate to one second' patch installed also, not sure if that is causing a problem?

Anyone else having problems? It installs just fine but I get no repeat notifications
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Mine updated and is working fine via Preware along with the 'sms vibrate to one second' patch.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GAM5 View Post
    Mine updated and is working fine via Preware along with the 'sms vibrate to one second' patch.
    Arg. Will keep uninstalling other patches until it works I guess
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Arg. Will keep uninstalling other patches until it works I guess
    Let me know if you figure out what other patch is causing an issue.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    The only other messenger-specific patches I had installed were sms vibrate to one second and clean timestamps. I removed those and this patch, rebooted, reinstalled this patch, rebooted, still no luck.

When I have more time/patience I'll see if I can narrow it down.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    The only other messenger-specific patches I had installed were sms vibrate to one second and clean timestamps. I removed those and this patch, rebooted, reinstalled this patch, rebooted, still no luck.

When I have more time/patience I'll see if I can narrow it down.
    If you don't get it working before WebOS repair utility comes out for 1.4 then I would recommend uninstalling all patchs and themes then run the repair utility with the patch compatability disabled.

Also do you have the messaging preferences set to system soud.
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 03/05/2010 at 07:16 PM.
    Thanks a lot mamouton for the update! After the update I really missed having this patch. Downloaded it and installed it via webOSQI and tested it out and it worked great. I also have the patch "sms vibration to 1 second" and it does not conflict with it.
    Anyway to get this patch to vibrate for a repeat?
    --Marvin
    Hiya - i'm having a slight abnormality (for want of a better word) with this patch. It works fine, I receive a text message, don't look at it and then 2 minutes later I get a repeat notification. The abnormality is that rather than playing the notification sound (I haven't played with this - it's just the stock Pre notification) when the repeat plays a sound it plays the funny little calander 'chimes' notification...

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?!

Just to clarify - this patch worked great on 1.3.5.2 and I have the same patches installed on 1.4 as I did on that but it seems to have developed a fault.

It's nothing major and certainly won't stop me from using the patch was just curious if it was just me and if there is a way it can be made to play the 'notification' sound when it repeats.

Thanks
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by icklepriest View Post
    Hiya - i'm having a slight abnormality (for want of a better word) with this patch. It works fine, I receive a text message, don't look at it and then 2 minutes later I get a repeat notification. The abnormality is that rather than playing the notification sound (I haven't played with this - it's just the stock Pre notification) when the repeat plays a sound it plays the funny little calander 'chimes' notification...

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?!

Just to clarify - this patch worked great on 1.3.5.2 and I have the same patches installed on 1.4 as I did on that but it seems to have developed a fault.

It's nothing major and certainly won't stop me from using the patch was just curious if it was just me and if there is a way it can be made to play the 'notification' sound when it repeats.

Thanks
    Yes, i have noticed this. I just have not had a chance to look at it yet.
    Cool I'm glad to know it wasn't just me! Like I said, it's nothing major, just slightly annoying sometimes! If you get a chance to have a look at it that would be great! If not, that's fine too - thank you for all the work you've already done!
  20.    #60  
    I have just submitted an update and also update the first page.

- Added capability for the user to set the repeat time interval. Can be set from preferences dialog.
    - Added max repeat support, also configurable via the preferences dialog.
    - Fixed notification repeat sound to use correct sound.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast