Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 139
  1.    #21  
    I just updated the download on the first post.

    The update uses the SMS Tone Per Contact sound if installed, otherwise it uses the default sound.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    First let me say i just realized that it may have seemed like i was putting you off or not helping you with your request. The reality is that having not used the SMS Tone Per Contact patch previously i was not certain in what direction to send you.

    Ok, so i got this working and was able to do it without a second patch. I will be posting it in just a few minutes.

    Thanks I am installing now. Hey I never thought you were putting me off, I understand life happens, especially with familiy, work, etc.. I understand completely.

    Edit: It works with the custom tone now I need to see if it works with the default tone. Thanks so much for your work on this. Have you thought about setting up a donate button?
    Last edited by mamouton; 11/23/2009 at 10:08 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    This is a great patch and one that I've needed since day one! Many thanks!

    Before installing this patch, when I would go to bed at night I would disable "System Sounds" so that I could still hear the phone ring but emails and txts message alerts would not sound. Unfortunately, I now get alerts overnight even though the "System Sounds" setting is off. Any thoughts? Thx!
    I just tested this by uninstalling my messaging patch and turning off the system sounds. The sound did play when i sent a txt msg to my Pre. I am not sure where the problem is but i do not believe it is with my patch.

    Does the sound play when you first get the message? My patch only plays the sound for the repeats.

    Can anyone else please confirm this just to make sure that i don't have two odball Pre's.
  4. Spazo's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #24  
    Wow, ok, apparently I'm an *****. I DO still receive the alert even though the "System Sounds" were disabled. I, apparently, just wasn't hearing them go off the single time. Huh.

    Maybe I should request a "quiet time" patch that kills user defined sounds (for me just email and SMS sounds) during certain times (like when I'm asleep).

    Sorry to have hijacked your thread with a bogus complaint!!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Wow, ok, apparently I'm an *****. I DO still receive the alert even though the "System Sounds" were disabled. I, apparently, just wasn't hearing them go off the single time. Huh.

    Maybe I should request a "quiet time" patch that kills user defined sounds (for me just email and SMS sounds) during certain times (like when I'm asleep).

    Sorry to have hijacked your thread with a bogus complaint!!
    No problem. Many have asked for a similar patch to include using GPS location to change sound profiles etc... Unfortunately this really would need to be done at the service level to be maintainable (at least in my opinion).
  6. #26  
    Could the developer consider putting time constraints in? IE. on from 9am-10pm?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Could the developer consider putting time constraints in? IE. on from 9am-10pm?
    Same problem- it requires the development of a UI (user interface). That is usually beyond the scope of most patches. Patches are just minor (sometimes not so minor) changes to existing source code files, they are not applications. Giving the user interactive control over things is a UI and is a lot of work. Less so if it is just done in a text configuration file somewhere, but still considerable.

    Not that I don't think it is a good idea, though. ANYTHING that gives Pre users more options and controls, especially with notification types, sounds, durations, repeats, day of week, time of day, etc, is a good thing.
    Last edited by crxssi; 11/25/2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: typo
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Could the developer consider putting time constraints in? IE. on from 9am-10pm?
    I can do this, however I want to figure out a goood way to make some of these changes more confiurable for individual preferences. If it starts to look like it is going to take a while to figure it out I will make a patch.
  9. #29  
    Does this still work with WebOS ver. 1.3.5.1? I work in a relatively noisy environment and need audio repeats...

    HAHA, it does... It appears I just needed to restart Luna.. (I'm new to WebOS)
  10. bbrg548's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    I just tested this by uninstalling my messaging patch and turning off the system sounds. The sound did play when i sent a txt msg to my Pre. I am not sure where the problem is but i do not believe it is with my patch.

    Does the sound play when you first get the message? My patch only plays the sound for the repeats.

    Can anyone else please confirm this just to make sure that i don't have two odball Pre's.
    I think you have to turn off messaging sounds from the messaging app now. I think that since Palm (finally) added the ability to set a custom messaging tone in WebOS 1.3.1, it's not controlled from the system sounds anymore.

    I can't test it right now because Sprint doesn't let you send texts from the website anymore without logging in, and they have the login system down for maintenance.
  11.    #31  
    For those who have asked I have added a donate button to the first post.
  12. #32  
    this patch appears to no longer work with the WebOS 1.4 update.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by fhelvie View Post
    this patch appears to no longer work with the WebOS 1.4 update.
    Oh no! I was afraid of that The Notification Repeat patches are the only patches I even install and care about.

    Before I saw your message, I had just started the 1.4 update process and now can't stop it.


    EDIT: The Repeat Phone Notification does work, although the Messaging Notification Repeat patch is just a placeholder (IE- it doesn't work yet)
    Last edited by crxssi; 02/27/2010 at 08:56 PM.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Oh no! I was afraid of that The Notification Repeat patches are the only patches I even install and care about.

    Before I saw your message, I had just started the 1.4 update process and now can't stop it.


    EDIT: The Repeat Phone Notification does work, although the Messaging Notification Repeat patch is just a placeholder (IE- it doesn't work yet)
    I have this fixed for the email notification. I suspect the same fix should work for this patch as well. Stay tuned a fix is coming.
  15. #35  
    Any eta when this will be 1.4 ready? I have the missed call and email one already, but this ones pretty useful for me since I tend to miss texts until some time after they've been sent.

    Thanks
  16. #36  
    Any way to make this patch use a different tone for the reminders versus the one for messages? That would make it useful so you know you are not just getting more new messages every time the tone goes off. Just a thought for the 1.4 version....
  17. #37  
    I need this patch BADDDDDDD! 1.4 is messing me up
  18.    #38  
    Hang in there this week is a very busy week for me. I should have the patch updated by middle of next week.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Hang in there this week is a very busy week for me. I should have the patch updated by middle of next week.
    Yeah, you have a lot of patches out there! I just discovered a few more recently. I can understand his impatience, though, since none of the patches out there are as important as the Notification Repeat ones
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  20. #40  
    In for this when it's ready.

    By far my most important patch - repeating missed phone calls / texts.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions