Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is the official thread for the Email Read All Delete All patch.

Summary
    Adds two buttons to the bottom of the email app when viewing an email folder. The button with the trash can will delete all email in the folder after confirming that is what you want to do. The second button will mark all email in the folder as read after confirming that is what you want to do.

Installation
    The patch is available via Preware and\or WebOS Quick install. Please see the corresponding forums for patch installation instructions.

Download

Beta
    None

Planned Improvement/Updates
    None

Known Issues
    - The read all only marks items visible in the list currently.

Change Log
    02-17-10 v1.4.0-3
    - Updated for WebOS v1.4

11-15-09 v1.3.1-13
    -Updated for WebOS v1.3.1
    -Updated to make use of the new server message EmptyFolder. Provides a significant performance improvement.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 03/05/2010 at 10:06 PM.
    This sorta works. It appears to mark all emails that are within some type of view cache (9-10) and then you must scroll down further to mark another 9 or so.

Don't get me wrong this is a godsend compared to marking each individually, it would just be perfect if it actually marked them all in one shot.

I'm not sure if it acts the same for delete. I do not typically delete emails on my mobile devices since they only contain 7-14 days at most.

Edit: BTW it acted in this manner prior to 1.3.1 as well.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    This sorta works. It appears to mark all emails that are within some type of view cache (9-10) and then you must scroll down further to mark another 9 or so.

Don't get me wrong this is a godsend compared to marking each individually, it would just be perfect if it actually marked them all in one shot.

I'm not sure if it acts the same for delete. I do not typically delete emails on my mobile devices since they only contain 7-14 days at most.

Edit: BTW it acted in this manner prior to 1.3.1 as well.
    Yes I am aware of this issue and have looked at it a couple times but have not figured out a good solutiom yet. The delete does not have this issue as items are removed from the list as deleted and with 1.3.1 the server now supports an EmptyFolder command.
    patch won't delete anything for me
    this makes it alot easier because whenever i delete something it just goes into the trash folder then i have to delete everything in the trash folder too lol and this patch makes life better in that aspect . thanks !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    After the 1.3.1 update, I was allowed to reinstall this patch, and the dialog pops up, but nothing deletes.
    For me, delete all does delete all of the emails in a given folder on my PRE but when I go online to my Gmail account, all of the emails are STILL there but have been marked read.

I am running WebOS 1.3.5.2.

Is this patch working correctly for anyone else using this WebOS version?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    For me, delete all does delete all of the emails in a given folder on my PRE but when I go online to my Gmail account, all of the emails are STILL there but have been marked read.
    Unless I'm mistaken, this is how Gmail works with the Pre regardless of how the email is deleted...

I thought this was odd but acceptable.
    Hey all, if you are in the process of fine tuning this patch, I would like to put my two cents in, because I've wanted something that no one seems to want to provide at this time. And maybe it would be welcomed here and added.

I have emails come in from the same author, stuff I signed up for, newsletters. There are so many of them at times.

So a delete all is not great for me, because that patch deletes ALL the messages in the folder you are in.

So if I'm in the INBOX, it will delete all of the messages.

But because the Pre has the great ability to do a search of anything, I can search for email from a particular user or something that is in the subject field.

So after doing my search, I get a list of all the messages from that particular person or subject feed.

If I use the delete ALL patch it will delete all the messages that are in that INBOX, not just what the search results provided.

I need something that will do a READ ALL and a DELETE ALL from JUST what I have searched for, not the entire INBOX.

Is that something doable and something that you would did with this patch? Can that be added?

Thank you for you consideration!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, this is how Gmail works with the Pre regardless of how the email is deleted...

Not true. If I delete a message by swiping it, it will be deleted from my PRE and Gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

... I need something that will do a READ ALL and a DELETE ALL from JUST what I have searched for, not the entire INBOX.

Is that something doable and something that you would did with this patch? Can that be added?
    I think that is a GREAT suggestion! A patch like that would be incredibly useful!
    Has anyone gotten this patch to work successfully on WebOS 1.3.5.2? If so, who is your email provider and are you using POP3 or IMAP?
    I think that is a GREAT suggestion! A patch like that would be incredibly useful!
    I've been requesting that as a patch and nobody seemed interested.

I guess enough people have to request it to make it happen.

Rob

PS I don't have hundreds of buck, as some people offer to get some stuff done. I'm on disability. But I do donate to most people when I use their stuff.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post

Not true. If I delete a message by swiping it, it will be deleted from my PRE and Gmail.
    Hmmm...strange.

I just tried to delete a couple of messages by swiping from my Trash, and I then checked my Gmail acc't.

The messages was still showing up in my online Trash.
    No. It doesn't work under 1.3.5.2, and it would be nice if it were removed from the available patches list in Preware until it's updated and functional.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    No. It doesn't work under 1.3.5.2, and it would be nice if it were removed from the available patches list in Preware until it's updated and functional.
    &ctually it does I and many others use it on a daily basis! If you are having issues please post what they are. However I suspect ur issue is not with the patch but instad is with email sych in general as previous pos shows.
    My issues are that nothing deletes.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    My issues are that nothing deletes.
    Even when you swipe to delete from in the app?
    For me, swiping to delete works perfectly. When I use the "delete all" icon via the patch, the messages will disappear from the Pre but they will still exists on the server. Therefore, when I log into my Gmail account online, I will still see all of the messages that were supposed to be deleted via the patch. Thus, I'd have to delete these same messages again from the server which is not helping me.
  19.    #19  
    For me, swiping to delete works perfectly. When I use the "delete all" icon via the patch, the messages will disappear from the Pre but they will still exists on the server. Therefore, when I log into my Gmail account online, I will still see all of the messages that were supposed to be deleted via the patch. Thus, I'd have to delete these same messages again from the server which is not helping me.
    The Delete All patch makes a call to the server to empty the folder. It does not physically delete the email from the phone (unless you have an old ver installed). Then the deletes are sycned to the phone.

I suspect this may have something to do with how you have gmail set up either on ur Pre or GMail itsself. Can you give me all ur gmail preferences from the phone and gmail so I can try to reproduce the issue?
    Swipe to delete works fine. Delete all is just a button I can push. They're not deleted from the server, and they're not deleted from my Pre.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast