Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by pierre lehu View Post
    From reading this thread, it seems the developers of WebOS failed to include a way to empty the Trash folder. Is that because this Trash is up in the cloud and not hogging space on my Pre? If not, I don't understand why we can't delete the trash file other than by doing it one by one, or downloading a patch that has been created. Sorry if I'm being stupid but I've been searching for a way to empty my Trash and couldn't find one in the official instructions.
    To empty your trash folder you can select Empty Trash from the dropdown menu when in the trash folder.
    Well, I installed this patch, did a search for a string, got about 100 messages, pressed the Trashcan button, and poof, all my gmail inbox is gone. Well, at least this month's emails.

Had I read this thread before I should have noticed the "feature"/bug that represents the erasing of ALL the emails in the inbox instead of the searched ones.

Thanks. I hope I didn't lose anything important.

Uninstalling this, and hoping that sometime it will get fixed.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I use this patch from time to time. It works, but it takes hour! to delete 800-1000 mails from my inbox.

Is there any way to speed this up?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    I use this patch from time to time. It works, but it takes hour! to delete mails from my inbox.

Is there any way to speed this up?
    Unfortunately the speed is not something a patch can fix.

From what I have heard though WebOS 2.0 is suppose to bring some speed improvements for the email app.
    where is patch
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by chendeying View Post
    where is patch
    OMG... Why? Why don't you people read?

On the first post in this thread it clearly says that you can get it from Preware or webOS Quiclk Install.
    where is you patch,could you email the patch to this address?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    great start, but of limited use until it marks ALL, not just the visible messages (IMHO)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemonO View Post
    great start, but of limited use until it marks ALL, not just the visible messages (IMHO)
    Well, it does mark "all" the messages you have, and deletes all (not just the visible ones after, let's say, a search). It managed to delete an entire month's worth of emails in my case :'(
    Since this thread popped up, I wanted to add that I think the patch is great. I use it all the time to clean up my inbox.

thanks,
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I really would like this patch on my Veer running 2.1.2.
    Could this path be resubmitted for 2.1.1 and 2.1.2? Thanks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123