Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is the official thread for the Email Notification Repeat patch.

Summary
    It will update the Email App so that new email notifications will repeat every X minutes until you either view the email, dismiss the notification or the maximum repeat is reached. Preferences can be set in the preference dialog.

Installation
    The patch is available via Preware and\or WebOS Quick install. Please see the corresponding forums for patch installation instructions.

The patch honors the Play Sound preference for each email account. For the notification repeat to work the Play Sound preference must be turned on.

Download
    email-notification-repeat.patch

Beta
    None

Planned Improvement/Updates
    None

Known Issues
    - Does not work correctly if the All In Box preference is turned on.

Change Log
    3-23-10 v1.4.0-??
    - Added capability for the user to set the repeat time interval. Can be set from preferences dialog.
    - Added max repeat support, also configurable via the preferences dialog.

3-3-10 v1.4.0-24
    - Fixed bug preventing playing of the notification in v1.4

2-17-10 v1.4.0-3
    - Updated for WebOS v1.4

12-31-09 v1.3.5-??
    - Updated for WebOS v1.3.5
    - Resolved issue with patch not being applied correctly.

11-15-09 v1.3.1-13
    -Updated for WebOS v1.3.1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 03/23/2010 at 10:08 PM.
    this is what i get maybe you can help me?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    this is what i get maybe you can help me?
    Did you have it installed previously, If so did you uninstall it first? What other email patches do you have installed.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    It installed cleanly for me, but I don't get the repeat notifications. I haven't been able to get it to work since the 1.3.1 update. Today I uninstalled, restarted Luna, updated my Preware feeds, installed the patch, restarted Luna again, and it's still not working. The only other email patches I have are "Confirm Delete" and "Enable Landscape Email".
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    It installed cleanly for me, but I don't get the repeat notifications. I haven't been able to get it to work since the 1.3.1 update. Today I uninstalled, restarted Luna, updated my Preware feeds, installed the patch, restarted Luna again, and it's still not working. The only other email patches I have are "Confirm Delete" and "Enable Landscape Email".
    Do you get email notifications at all, even without the patch?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Do you get email notifications at all, even without the patch?
    I get the initial notifications just fine, with or without the patch. I just don't get the repeat notification after 2 minutes. It's like the patch isn't there, but it installs and show as installed in Preware.

I also tried uninstalling all my email patches and tested with only the email notification patch after removing and reinstalling that. Still no repeat notifications.
  7.    #7  
    I get the initial notifications just fine, with or without the patch. I just don't get the repeat notification after 2 minutes. It's like the patch isn't there, but it installs and show as installed in Preware.

I also tried uninstalling all my email patches and tested with only the email notification patch after removing and reinstalling that. Still no repeat notifications.
    Can you email me the following two files so that i can verify that it is installed correctly:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/email-dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs
    Can you email me the following two files so that i can verify that it is installed correctly:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/email-dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs
    i have the same problem what is your email so i can send you the files?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Here they are.
    Last edited by bbrg548; 11/24/2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Removed uploaded files as requested.
  10.    #10  
    jrdejavux and bbrg548

I have verified that the patch does appear to be installed correctly. Please delete the uploaded files.

Also please do the following:

1) Verify that for each email account you have the Play Sound preference turned on as the patch honors this preference.

2) If you have not done so since installing the patch reboot your Pre.
    i only have 2 accounts and the sound its on for both hmm wonder why its not working...
  12.    #12  
    i only have 2 accounts and the sound its on for both hmm wonder why its not working...
    Try turning the sound preference off and then back on.

Also take a look at this thread email notifications not working
    i did turn it off and on as you said still same problem only led notification works
  14.    #14  
    i did turn it off and on as you said still same problem only led notification works
    So, i also saw mentioned in one of the threads something about double checking to verify you have notifications turned on in the Screen Lock Preferences.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    jrdejavux and bbrg548

I have verified that the patch does appear to be installed correctly. Please delete the uploaded files.

Also please do the following:

1) Verify that for each email account you have the Play Sound preference turned on as the patch honors this preference.

2) If you have not done so since installing the patch reboot your Pre.
    Only one account, and sounds are on. I've rebooted my Pre more than once since installing the patch.

I do get the initial notification when I get an email, it's only the repeat notifications that aren't working.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I never did get it working under WebOS 1.3.1, even after I had to do a warranty exchange due to a cracked screen. It just didn't do anything. But now after the 1.3.5 update, instead of playing the notification sound after 2 minutes, it opens the email app after 2 minutes instead!
  17.    #17  
    I never did get it working under WebOS 1.3.1, even after I had to do a warranty exchange due to a cracked screen. It just didn't do anything. But now after the 1.3.5 update, instead of playing the notification sound after 2 minutes, it opens the email app after 2 minutes instead!
    Yes, I have noticed this too. Very agrevating when trying to do something else too. I will be fixing this tomorrow.
  18.    #18  
    The file on the first post has been updated to resolve the issue of the email app being opened instead of the notification repeat being played. Submitted to Patch feed should be available in Preware and WebOS Quick Install soon.
    After running EPR and updating to 1.3.5, I for the first time installed this patch and got an IPKG error. However, despite this the patch seems to have installed but does not show up in Preware. The patch works fine but now I just want to remove it because I don't like the notifications like I thought I would. So how do I uninstall a patch that Preware or WOSQI don't show as being installed?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    After running EPR and updating to 1.3.5, I for the first time installed this patch and got an IPKG error. However, despite this the patch seems to have installed but does not show up in Preware. The patch works fine but now I just want to remove it because I don't like the notifications like I thought I would. So how do I uninstall a patch that Preware or WOSQI don't show as being installed?
    How did you install it? Try both Preware and WebOS Qick Install. Check under applications.

If niether of these work you may need to try the repair utility with patch compatibility turned off and replace any email app files. Make sure you remove other email app patches first though.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast