Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Apologies if this has already been suggested, but would it be possible to add functionality to this patch such that a user could select a time period when *no* audible email alerts would be sent out?

Due to having friends that frequently travel around the globe, it is very common to get emails at all hours of the day, as such I have always had the email alert set to “mute” so that I did not get woken up in the middle of the night just for a dumb email.

If I could set the pre to give me audible notification (every 2 minutes) that there is an email from 9 am to 8pm, and then not make any sound when an email comes in from 8pm until 9am the next day, that would be awesome.

(Even better would be if there was a way to keep the phone from even polling for emails during these periods as I have no intention of reading the emails during this time anyway.)

-Suntan
    Thank you
    Since updating to 1.4.5, this patch has caused the notification LED to stop working. And the email notifications don't repeat.
    Anyone else seeing this?
    I'm on VzW Pre Plus.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    Since updating to 1.4.5, this patch has caused the notification LED to stop working. And the email notifications don't repeat.
    Anyone else seeing this?
    I'm on VzW Pre Plus.
    Yes, though I cannot attribute it directly to 1.4.5, as I didn't notice if the LED notifications were working before the update.
    Anyone else seeing this?
    I'm on VzW Pre Plus.
    I am also seeing this issue. I am on Verizon using a Pixi Plus. However, I just installed this patch, so I have no idea if it worked before 1.4.5.
    Are you making sure you have turned on for LED notification in the preferences of Screen & Lock app.

You should not use the patch for LED notifications, it is not needed anymore!

That might be your problem!

And in the preferences for email there is now are way to set for email notification sounds, the default is mute!

Your choices are: Vibrate, System Sound, Ringtone and lastly Mute.

So make sure you don't have any patches that deals with email sounds or the LED, it's all built into 1.4.5.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Apologies if this has already been suggested, but would it be possible to add functionality to this patch such that a user could select a time period when *no* audible email alerts would be sent out?

Due to having friends that frequently travel around the globe, it is very common to get emails at all hours of the day, as such I have always had the email alert set to “mute” so that I did not get woken up in the middle of the night just for a dumb email.

If I could set the pre to give me audible notification (every 2 minutes) that there is an email from 9 am to 8pm, and then not make any sound when an email comes in from 8pm until 9am the next day, that would be awesome.

(Even better would be if there was a way to keep the phone from even polling for emails during these periods as I have no intention of reading the emails during this time anyway.)

-Suntan
    It sounds like mode switcher might be an option to meet your needs.
    LED notifications are enabled in Screen & Lock.
    I am now running without this patch installed, and email notifications are behaving normally. When the patch is installed, email notifications completely stop.
    I have installed & uninstalled multiple times to test this.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    LED notifications are enabled in Screen & Lock.
    I am now running without this patch installed, and email notifications are behaving normally. When the patch is installed, email notifications completely stop.
    I have installed & uninstalled multiple times to test this.
    I can also confirm this behavior. I'm using a Verizon Palm Pre Plus running 1.4.5.

Is this patch still being maintained, or has everyone moved on? Is there any possibility of an update, or is there another solution for repeating email notifications?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234