Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    This is the official thread for the Email Delete From Notification Bar patch.

Summary
    Adds a trash can icon to the email notification bar allowing you to delete new emails directly from the notification bar without opening the email application.

Installation
    The patch is available via Preware and\or WebOS Quick install. Please see the corresponding forums for patch installation instructions.

This patch is very dependent on the synchronization features of WebOS. When you select trashcan icon a message is sent to the server to delete the email. When the server sends back a notification that the email has been deleted the notification bar is either removed or updated to reflect the next new email notification. If the synchronization is not functioning properly the functionality of this patch will be affected. As an attempt to minimize this issue if you select the trash can a second time the delete message is again sent to the server. If the server has already deleted the message a failure notice should be returned at which time the notification bar is removed.

Works best with preferences set to receive email as it arrives.

Please note that sometimes this round trip notification can take a few seconds depending on your connectivity and several other factors.

Download

Beta
    None

Planned Improvement/Updates
    - Swipe to delete
    - Ability to mark email as read via notification bar

Known Issues
    None

Change Log
    03-05-10 v1.4.??
    - Updated for WebOS v1.4

11-24-09 v1.3.1-19
    - Updates to better handle deletes.
    - Clears the notification stage on every delete so that if the server doesn't send us the delete notice we don't get stuck with a bad notification bar.
    - Fixed problem when there was only a single new email.

11-15-09 v1.3.1-13
    -Updated for WebOS v1.3.1
    -Moved the trash can icon to the right side of the notification to prevent accidental deletes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 03/05/2010 at 10:05 PM.
    I really like your patches the icon moved to the far right is a nice idea. I uninstalled and installed this one. The bar goes away and I would think the message was deleted but when I go into my email the message is still there. The other one worked perfectly so I put that one back on.
    can someone post screen shot?
    how can i delete previous patch installed through wq?
    I was the one whom mentioned it works good in 1.3.1...but now notice it does not sync too well once again.

perhaps working on your better handling code would do a better job?
    I love this patch! Thank you for putting it together!

I have one request if possible though...can you put the trash can in place of the envelope icon? I don't care which account the mail is coming from, the envelope is useless, I just wantt o be able to see more of the message info before deleting.
    Looks like a neat idea, but the delete function doesn't work sometimes and frustrates me. Also, the swipe to delete just makes more sense than pressing on the trash bin icon. Good job so far!
    i find that this doesn't work. i've tried to delete them but nothing happens???
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    can someone post screen shot?
    Just added one to first post.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipalmpreo View Post
    how can i delete previous patch installed through wq?
    Please see WebOS QI thread for instructions see link on first post.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I was the one whom mentioned it works good in 1.3.1...but now notice it does not sync too well once again.

perhaps working on your better handling code would do a better job?
    I will implement the code to remove the notification on a second delete. Unfortunately as previously mentioned this functionality is very dependent on the back end synchronization service.
    Lclark, can you try to work with your better handling code for the patch??

oops typed this while you were typing above
    Last edited by trim81; 11/17/2009 at 09:48 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwardmiller View Post
    I love this patch! Thank you for putting it together!

I have one request if possible though...can you put the trash can in place of the envelope icon? I don't care which account the mail is coming from, the envelope is useless, I just wantt o be able to see more of the message info before deleting.
    Actually if you click on the envelope icon the email app opens to the folder for the corresponding email account. I do plan on looking at implementing a swipe to delete instead though.
    Thanks! This is one of the most useful patches I've seen in the homebrew community. Cheers!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Lclark, can you try to work with your better handling code for the patch??
    Yes, i have a couple ideas that i am going to try this weekend.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I really like your patches the icon moved to the far right is a nice idea. I uninstalled and installed this one. The bar goes away and I would think the message was deleted but when I go into my email the message is still there. The other one worked perfectly so I put that one back on.
    What email provider are you using GMAIL? Also as a side note i have seen several comments in other threads about the synchronization issues with the 1.3.1 update. Comments like deleting an email on the PC not being synchronized with the Pre. Granted your issue is the opposite. I have tested several more times but am unable to reproduce this particular issue. Also the only difference in the patch between the old and new is the placement of the icon, none of the code logic was changed.
    I use gmail, exchange, yahoo, and hotmail. I can hit the trash can and the email deletes with your first patch(trash can in middle) using the second one won't delete the email at all.
    I can confirm

the v2 patch (far right) seems to not be deleting..

it closes the notification bar, but neve sends the delete command to the server
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue with the update. When I press the trash icon it, the notifications disappears faster than the last version of the patch--almost instantly. An indication that the server isn't being communicated with? Swiping to delete from the e-mail app still works without a problem.
    I like to say, or whatever reason, pressing the trash can now is INSTANT removal from notification...which is GREAT

only problem is to send the achrive command back to the server

If you can use this handling, along with a correct push-delete command, this will be perfected.

looking forward for next rev. thanks in advance
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast