Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    ok I will look @ it today
    Sconix has an idea on getting this brought to 2.1 and maybe even including a few new tricks for it too (we're not talking for just email either...).
    He of course has been busy with MS, Tweaks and his other patches, but it's in the works.

As has been stated already, a lot has changed in 2.1 making this a bit more difficult, but I think Sconix will be able to do it.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I know i'm behind the curve...but this patch is great...just installed it on 1.4.5
    cool.
    trying to get it to work was apita.
    hopefully we'll see something soon

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sconix has an idea on getting this brought to 2.1 and maybe even including a few new tricks for it too (we're not talking for just email either...).
    He of course has been busy with MS, Tweaks and his other patches, but it's in the works.

As has been stated already, a lot has changed in 2.1 making this a bit more difficult, but I think Sconix will be able to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    cool.
    trying to get it to work was apita.
    That is what Sconix said too. The first couple of iterations didn't work well or at all. I trust he'll come up with something.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    That is what Sconix said too. The first couple of iterations didn't work well or at all. I trust he'll come up with something.
    Awesome, thanks for the update! :-D

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yeah. I really miss this one.

On kind of the same note: has anyone noticed that Zhephree's foursquare friend check-in notifications auto-triage and then repeat if you have multiples?

It's. Awesome.

It would be soooo cool if email and messaging this too.
    Yea, the email app was altered a great deal in 2.1 it seems. I had a few patches that I loved on 1.4.5 that just can't seem to be done in 2.1
    they removed a lot of code that is needed for this patch to work.

and the code they put in has on reffrance to match in the patch.

they merged .jsjsjs $files$ $to$.
    awesome will be monitoring this

Sconix is the man!
    any advancements?? i'm starting to get tired of having to erase 10 emails at a time because i didn't wanna read them in the first place, lol.
    Also, is it possible to mark the emails as read before deleting them?

Because when I use this patch to delete an email the unread counter in the email app still counts it even though it doesn't show up in the email app anymore.

THANX!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Any new developments. I really miss this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnh77 View Post
    Any new developments. I really miss this patch.
    From what I understand, creating this patch for 2.1 (and possibly even for the TouchPad) is not really all that possible as it was before. Too much has been changed/removed from the parts of webOS that allowed this to happen.

This was such a wonderful patch and much needed feature. I sure hope it can be resurrected at some point one way or another.

Dic Doc likes this.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    From what I understand, creating this patch for 2.1 (and possibly even for the TouchPad) is not really all that possible as it was before. Too much has been changed/removed from the parts of webOS that allowed this to happen.

This was such a wonderful patch and much needed feature. I sure hope it can be resurrected at some point one way or another.
    I thought you said Sconix had something in the works for this. (I even paid him the bounty in advance.)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I thought you said Sconix had something in the works for this. (I even paid him the bounty in advance.)
    You are correct. I did say that something was in the works. Having something that actually worked though are two different things. It turned out to be a big pita as a few others have found/pointed out.

When the idea was mentioned that Sconix might be able to work this out, it was due to him having some early success in getting it to work, but has been unable since then to replicate that success. When he has ideas that he thinks could work, he tests them to be implemented.

With the lack of continued success in getting it to work beyond his first successful attempt, getting this kind of a patch going is still something that he'll keep trying to implement as new ideas, OTA updates, etc... come around.

His early success trying to implement the patch has given him some hope to where he still believes it may be possible to do at some point.

Sconix is working on finishing patches for 2.x before moving on to some 3.x stuff. He said he'll give it another crack.

17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    You are correct. I did say that something was in the works. Having something that actually worked though are two different things. It turned out to be a big pita as a few others have found/pointed out.

When the idea was mentioned that Sconix might be able to work this out, it was due to him having some early success in getting it to work, but has been unable since then to replicate that success. When he has ideas that he thinks could work, he tests them to be implemented.

With the lack of continued success in getting it to work beyond his first successful attempt, getting this kind of a patch going is still something that he'll keep trying to implement as new ideas, OTA updates, etc... come around.

His early success trying to implement the patch has given him some hope to where he still believes it may be possible to do at some point.

Sconix is working on finishing patches for 2.x before moving on to some 3.x stuff. He said he'll give it another crack.
    Hope I didn't sound ungrateful. I seem to have forgotten to add a smiley at the end of my post. I would never expect Sconix to release a patch that wasn't going to function properly. His standards are too high for that.

I wonder if he could get "Outlook formatting on email replies" working, though. No one else seems to have been able to accomplish that.
    Hope I didn't sound ungrateful. I seem to have forgotten to add a smiley at the end of my post. I would never expect Sconix to release a patch that wasn't going to function properly. His standards are too high for that.

I wonder if he could get "Outlook formatting on email replies" working, though. No one else seems to have been able to accomplish that.
    No you didn't. I guess things were a bit unclear, so I spoke with Sconix and that is what he basically said. He wants people to know he has not forgotten.

I'll pass along the outlook reply format. Could be an easy to toggle with Tweaks.

I bug Sconix a lot about the delete from notifications patch. Let us hope he can figure it out.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 07/07/2011 at 07:51 AM.
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    If anyone can, he can.
    If anyone can, he can.
    Sconix is really not to familiar with that particular patch/outlook formatting nor really am I since I have not used that patch. Could you provide me with some forum links/examples of that to pass along to him and he'll look into it.

Thanks.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast