Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    I just submitted the update should be available soon.
    Got it.

SWEET!!!

Thanks Lclarkjr!
    I'm not certain if this is related to the synchronization issue you've mentioned, but...

The delete function works perfectly each time (VZ plus with 1.4.1.1), the problem is that about five seconds later I get a new notification that says [my domain...] "...Can't sign in." This happens every time and, while it's not a killer, it is a little frustrating to have to swipe it away so often. I don't get this behavior when I delete from the email client. Any thoughts or suggestions about what I might do?
    Thanks.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlydaze View Post
    I'm not certain if this is related to the synchronization issue you've mentioned, but...

The delete function works perfectly each time (VZ plus with 1.4.1.1), the problem is that about five seconds later I get a new notification that says [my domain...] "...Can't sign in." This happens every time and, while it's not a killer, it is a little frustrating to have to swipe it away so often. I don't get this behavior when I delete from the email client. Any thoughts or suggestions about what I might do?
    Thanks.
    I have seen several threads recently related to email login issues unrelated to this patch. This has not been a problem previously and nothing has changed in the patch recently so I suspect you are experiencing a similar issue to that reported in the other threads.

With that said if you can give me more details about your configuration I will attempt to reproduce the issue. Who is ur email provider and what are your email settings.

If anyone else is having similar issue pls also provide your details.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    This is one of my favorite patches, but there is one tweak that would improve significantly. The trash button should be on the right, not the left b/c the notification icon also appears on the right. Sometimes, I will press the notification icon (the envelope) and it does not respond b/c of whatever lag, but I think I didn't touch the icon correctly and I push it again, but as I'm going to push it, the notification has expanded and my finger lands accidently on the trash can icon. If the trash icon and the show all mail in the inbox button were swapped, then I would be taken to the inbox instead of deleting the email by mistake.
    OMG, I hope this is not the case anymore. I just used the button and was definitely NOT expecting this.

IMHO, the ideal behavior for the delete would be to:

- Delete the message on top.
    - Keep the notification with the remaining messages. If you had 3, now you have 2.
    - Deleting again removes the new message from the top.

Going to check if today it deleted everything.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Timbru: I didn't mean mean to imply it deleted any other messages. It doesn't.

BTW, I've worked aournd this by learning to tap in the middle of the notification line, instead of exactly on the envelope notification icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlydaze View Post

Thanks.
    I get that error repeatedly with my yahoo account. Sometimes switching wifi ssid's gives me the problem sometimes it just pops up. I added that because you didn't say the domain and I am was posting when I received the error with what account it was happening with. Many people I know have the similiar issue with their yahoo/sbc accounts. My Chief of School had issues with his yahoo and blackberry this week.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    BTW, I've worked aournd this by learning to tap in the middle of the notification line, instead of exactly on the envelope notification icon.
    So what happens when you click in the middle? I thought it just opened up that email, right?

One of the older versions of this patch did exactly what Timbru said. When you deleted one, the notification bar updated. You could delete a bunch of emails without ever opening the app. When one of the WebOS updates happened (1.3.5 or 1.4, I think), we lost the ability to do it. I'm not sure if it was the OS update or a conscious choice by lclarkjr
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    I concur the original patch functioned better on my pre and I used that until it just stopped working.
    Thank you
    I was wondering if this patch can be modified so that when you delete from the notification, the email is marked read and then deleted.

I want this mod because when I delete email from my phone I have it set so that the email just gets delete off my phone but stays on the server. Right now when I delete from a notification the email gets deleted off my phone but it is still marked as unread on the server, so the email app constantly shows that there is an unread email but it's not in the inbox in the email app; so I have get on my computer and mark the email as read on the server.
    I guess this isn't possible?
    Hi,

This is one of my favorites patches for the Webos and I was wondering if this could be updated to be used on WebOs version 2.1.0.

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I miss this patch too. I almost forgot that having the trash icon as part of the notification isn't a stock feature.
    +1 for 2.x compatibility.
    +1 for 2.0.1, 2.1
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    +3 for 2.0.1

ET
    Great patch ! Miss it on my Pre2 (webOS 2.0.1)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    I miss this patch too. I almost forgot that having the trash icon as part of the notification isn't a stock feature.
    Ha! Me too! Once I hacked my Pre to 2.1.0, I was bummed out!!!
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    +1
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast