Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I had to run EPR, but of course, it removed ALL patches, including the ones installed via PreWare.
    Now I'm trying to run the repair utility, but I want to confirm exactly what I'm doing, as I know this could really screw things up. First, when you say "Patch compatabilitt turned off", you are referring to turning off the Override compatibility option, right?
    (I haven't gone past this point, as I don't want to select something I shouldn't. Also, it looks like I need to get a newer WebOS Dr.)

What is the repair utility that you're referring to here?

Is it the WebOS DR., or some other utility?

UPDATE: I think I found it:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html

Is it possible to only restore certain files with WebOS DR?
    Last edited by jonsdad; 12/23/2009 at 04:12 PM.
    just run repair utility you don't need to turn anything on or off. And yes download the newest doctor and when the first issue pops up just hit repair all and your good to go .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #83  
    I am very happy to hear it is working for everyone.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    I am very happy to hear it is working for everyone.
    Hi Lclarkjr,

Great work on the patch, but i believe there is a bug... Where there is more that one notification, where delete is pressed, it deletes all the emails not just the displayed one. I doubled checked this where i go to the trash and there were email didn't read. When ever you get a chance can you please look into this. Thanks
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    Hi Lclarkjr,

Great work on the patch, but i believe there is a bug... Where there is more that one notification, where delete is pressed, it deletes all the emails not just the displayed one. I doubled checked this where i go to the trash and there were email didn't read. When ever you get a chance can you please look into this. Thanks
    What do you mean deletes all messages? If you mean deletes all email from your in box this is not possible as the code only calls delete once per click of the icon with a single email message I'd.
  6.    #86  
    I think what you may be seeing is that email deleted from the notification does not get marked as read, so when you look in your trash folder you will see unread emails.
    Thanks for the great patch...!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I think what you may be seeing is that email deleted from the notification does not get marked as read, so when you look in your trash folder you will see unread emails.
    Sorry i wasn't clear at first... I was trying to say that when i have two or three (2, 3 or more) emails in the notification area and i hit delete on the displayed one, everything gets deleted i think. At first it used to be like when i hit delete, it delete the displayed notification and bring the next one in line. Now everything just "puff" and all is gone. Sorry again if a lil confusing.

Merry Christmas!
  9.    #89  
    Sorry i wasn't clear at first... I was trying to say that when i have two or three (2, 3 or more) emails in the notification area and i hit delete on the displayed one, everything gets deleted i think. At first it used to be like when i hit delete, it delete the displayed notification and bring the next one in line. Now everything just "puff" and all is gone. Sorry again if a lil confusing.

Merry Christmas!
    Ah now I understand. No they are not all deleted just the one that was displayed. Usually the server will then send an update letting the Pre/Pixie know that the email was deleted and it then recreates the notification bar displaying the latest new email. This is dependent on both the back end server sending the notice and your preference settings for how often new email is synched to your phone. Check your preferences for each email account and try setting them to as arrive.

Hope this helped and Merry Christmas.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Ah now I understand. No they are not all deleted just the one that was displayed. Usually the server will then send an update letting the Pre/Pixie know that the email was deleted and it then recreates the notification bar displaying the latest new email. This is dependent on both the back end server sending the notice and your preference settings for how often new email is synched to your phone. Check your preferences for each email account and try setting them to as arrive.

Hope this helped and Merry Christmas.
    Great thanks then... Quick question, what happen to your original format where the notification area is updated once an email is deleted without clearing the notification when more than one new email exist?

Love your work and you so very much
  11.    #91  
    Great thanks then... Quick question, what happen to your original format where the notification area is updated once an email is deleted without clearing the notification when more than one new email exist?

Love your work and you so very much
    Because of the lag between hitting delete and the notification bar getting updated it left many with the feeling that it wasn't working or at least not knowing for sure if it was so closing the notification bar and recreating has a better user experience for most.

I am going to be working on a way to make certain parameters of my patches more user configurable maybe this can be an option once I get configurable params working.
    It'S working perfectly for me. Thanks a lot.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Because of the lag between hitting delete and the notification bar getting updated it left many with the feeling that it wasn't working or at least not knowing for sure if it was so closing the notification bar and recreating has a better user experience for most.

I am going to be working on a way to make certain parameters of my patches more user configurable maybe this can be an option once I get configurable params working.
    That will be great... thank you
    This patch seems to be working fine in 1.3.5 also. But when I touch the trash can while there is more than one email in the notification, it does indeed both emails from my inbox. It doesn't just delete the top one like I think it is supposed to. The same was happening for me prior to 1.3.5 so nothing new. Any suggestions?
    Yes I can confirm with 1.3.5 it does delete both emails. I haven't tried if it was from different account yet and had multiple emails.
    i could not apply the patch as it gave me an ipk error....but i got an email and the delete can was there...so i guess it did apply, but was still in my available preware patches, not installed patches...y?????
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I installed the patch and when I hit the trash can the email app simply opens the email....what good is this......?
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by wireguy View Post
    I installed the patch and when I hit the trash can the email app simply opens the email....what good is this......?
    This is a bug caused by 1.3.5 that has already been fixed and submitted to the patch feed just waiting for it to show up in Preware. In the mean time the patch file on the first post has the bug fix. If you don't want to wait for it to be in Preware you can use the patch file on first post and WebOS Quick Install.
    Any fixes in the works for deleting one email at a time in layers versus all of them when you have more than one? Other than this, the app is working great.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Any fixes in the works for deleting one email at a time in layers versus all of them when you have more than one? Other than this, the app is working great.
    It only deletes one at a time. When you click delete it deletes the current email then clears the notification. When the server responds that the email was deleted the notification comes back up with the next email. If it is ot poping the notification then you are not receiving the synch from the server. This is a sync issue try setting your preference to get mail as it arrives.