Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Thank you for the information it is helpful. Will you try the following for me? Note this may be a little time consuming.

1) Uninstall all email patchs.
    2) Run the Repair Utility with the Patch compatabilitt turned off and restore any email app files it complains about. I'd like to know which ones it restores if any.
    3) Remove your email accounts and re-add them.
    4) Re-install the delete from notification patch and test. Please test by sending an email to your gmail account from a pc and a different email account.

I truly appreciate your help.
    Okay, I did this and the patch is now pretty much working. Every so often, it won't pop back up with the rest of the unread notifications after deleting one, but it's inconsistent enough on when it won't for me to figure out why.

When I ran the Repair Utility, it complained about files in the controllers folder (one of them was wizard-assistant.jsjsjs). $I$ $tried$ $to$ $restore$ $those$ $files$, $but$ $the$ $Repair$ $Utility$ $threw$ $me$ $errors$ $about$ $having$ $Too$ $Many$ $Files$ $open$, $so$ $it$ $supposedly$ $didn$'$t$ $restore$ $them$ $and$ $I$ $was$ $trying$ $to$ $figure$ $out$ $why$ $and$ $so$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $write$ $the$ $file$ $names$ $now$ $then$. I ran it again and those files did not pop back up to be restored, so unfortunately I didn't really get the names of those files, but I believe the Utility goes in alphabetical order and it showed me at least four or so files in this controllers folder. I'm sorry I can't be more of assistance there.

Also, after reinstalling the patch, I had to restart the phone for the patch to begin working - until the restart, the notifications were not appearing with the trash icon.
  2.    #62  
    This has been a huge help actually. I appreciate your help and am very glad that the patch is now working for you.

Hopefully others that have had problems will also try these steps and report back which files are being complained about.

The time it takes for the notification to pop back up will vary as it is dependent on getting the update from the server.

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Okay, I did this and the patch is now pretty much working. Every so often, it won't pop back up with the rest of the unread notifications after deleting one, but it's inconsistent enough on when it won't for me to figure out why.

When I ran the Repair Utility, it complained about files in the controllers folder (one of them was wizard-assistant.jsjsjs). $I$ $tried$ $to$ $restore$ $those$ $files$, $but$ $the$ $Repair$ $Utility$ $threw$ $me$ $errors$ $about$ $having$ $Too$ $Many$ $Files$ $open$, $so$ $it$ $supposedly$ $didn$'$t$ $restore$ $them$ $and$ $I$ $was$ $trying$ $to$ $figure$ $out$ $why$ $and$ $so$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $write$ $the$ $file$ $names$ $now$ $then$. I ran it again and those files did not pop back up to be restored, so unfortunately I didn't really get the names of those files, but I believe the Utility goes in alphabetical order and it showed me at least four or so files in this controllers folder. I'm sorry I can't be more of assistance there.

Also, after reinstalling the patch, I had to restart the phone for the patch to begin working - until the restart, the notifications were not appearing with the trash icon.
    mine is deleting the emails, just not clearing the notification....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Hey Lclarkjr... LOVE this patch!!!! Thank you!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    This patch has not been working reliably for me since the 1.3.1 update.
    I did just change my email [GMail] to POP from IMAP, and that seems to be causing some issue in other areas, but don't know why it would do anything with the Pre.
    I deleted the patch yesterday, but would love to be able to have it working again.
    [I just went back and read some of the posts above and see that there are some things to try... I'll see if I can do that. I did just install this w/WOSQI instead of PreWare and we'll see if that does anything first.]

UPDATE: Kind of messed up right now... I can't delete this patch. I've tried adding it again via WOSQI & PreWare and both give me errors that indicate that it's installed already. But I can't find any way to get rid of it so that I can try some of the steps above.
    Any suggestions other than the Dr.?
    Last edited by Trident; 12/06/2009 at 05:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thank you for the information it is helpful. Will you try the following for me? Note this may be a little time consuming.

2) Run the Repair Utility with the Patch compatabilitt turned off and restore any email app files it complains about. I'd like to know which ones it restores if any.
    4) Re-install the delete from notification patch and test. Please test by sending an email to your gmail account from a pc and a different email account.

I truly appreciate your help.
    I had to run EPR, but of course, it removed ALL patches, including the ones installed via PreWare.
    Now I'm trying to run the repair utility, but I want to confirm exactly what I'm doing, as I know this could really screw things up. First, when you say "Patch compatabilitt turned off", you are referring to turning off the Override compatibility option, right?
    (I haven't gone past this point, as I don't want to select something I shouldn't. Also, it looks like I need to get a newer WebOS Dr.)
    Last edited by Trident; 12/07/2009 at 10:36 PM.
    yes repair utility will ask you to download the newest version of web doctor. yes that is what he was talking about ,the override compatibility option .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #68  
    For those having issues with the notification not going away please try the following:

2) Run the Repair Utility with the Patch override compatibility options enabled and restore any email app files it complains about. I'd like to know which ones it restores if any.

These steps have worked for others reporting this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I had to run EPR, but of course, it removed ALL patches, including the ones installed via PreWare...
    For anyone wanting more information on EPR, see the new Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) thread.

- Craig
    I was having all kinds of trouble with this patch, but followed your directions and it worked. THANKS!

For those having issues with the notification not going away please try the following:

2) Run the Repair Utility with the Patch override compatibility options enabled and restore any email app files it complains about. I'd like to know which ones it restores if any.

11.    #71  
    For those having problems with the notification not going away, dbsooner just helped to figure this out. The issue appears to be if the all in boxes property is set to on the notification will not go away. There will be an update in Preware tonight.

Thanks to dbsooner for helping to resolve this issue.
    sweet, can't wait for an update!
    Awesome; looking forward to it.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Do I need to do this?

I had version version 1.3.1-19. Tried to upgrade to 1.3.1-26 via Preware. When I tried to delete I received a message about some file not found.

Prerm
    /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.email-delete-from-notification/email-delete-from-notification.patch: No such file or directory
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.email-delete-from-notification.prem: line 17: cannot open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.email-delete-from-notification/email-delete-from-notification.patch:no such file

The strange thing is that since I have rebooted the patch seems to have been removed (somewhat) since I don't see the trash icon with the email notification. But, I still can't install the new version of the patch.

I would hate to reset my device via WebOS DR.

Is there a better way to solve this problem?
    if you just uninstall the old patch and reinstall the updated patch it should work. But if you got your first patch directlt off the forums then you should find and uninstall it in preware under unknown patches in patches installed category . Then you should be good to go !! Hope this helps someone .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I used Preware to install the patch, but can't remove it.

UPDATE: EPR didn't work either!!
    Your latest update works great thanks!
    Yep; works perfectly
    since this patch was fixed ,its awsome and it works great !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Count me in. The new version works fantastically
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast