Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #41  
    Ok, folks i have posted a beta update on post #1. Please give it a try and let me know how well it works (or doesn't) for you.
    just tried the beta patch,

it works to delete archive SINGLE email notifications, however when built up 2+more unread emails in the notification bar, the trash can button does nothing and will not send the delete command back to the server
    Lclarkjr, I installed your beta patch and it does delete the email but it doesn't remove the notification. Once you click on the subject section it opens your email and the message is deleted. Once you place the dismissing notification back in it will be great.

Edit: Need to send mulitple emails to see if it removes it all.

I can confirm trim81's findings.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Lclarkjr, I installed your beta patch and it does delete the email but it doesn't remove the notification. Once you click on the subject section it opens your email and the message is deleted. Once you place the dismissing notification back in it will be great.

Edit: Need to send mulitple emails to see if it removes it all.

I can confirm trim81's findings.
    Very confused. I have tested this almost all day with single new email notifications and multiple. The notification has gone away and the corresponding email deleted every time.
    Just to throw a curveball, the beta patch works perfectly for me. If I have single or multiple emails, they all show up and I can delete them individually, open them, or dismiss them.

FYI, I was using the latest Preware patch (which didn't work for me), and installed this one.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Awesome patch. Waiting for the "mark as read" version, since I don't ever delete my emails.
    i love this patch
    i just loaded this beta version i will return when i get some email to test on thanks !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This patch hasn't been working for me ever since I updated it from Preware. I'm not sure if there's interference with another patch on my end or not, but I've tried both the one in Preware and the one at the beginning of this topic and neither are deleting my emails.

ETA: I think it is deleting sometimes, but the notification is not going away.
    Last edited by malpha; 11/28/2009 at 04:23 PM.
    just my point of view.. you have in the "todos": "swipe to delete"... I think the trash icon is better. swipe is to dismiss. And if you should swipe and then select if to dismiss or delete, it would be one more tap then if swipe = dismiss and trash icon = delete
    nope not working yet. Just what are you saying man lol ????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hello. Can you tell me which files on the phone this patch modifies?

The installation was interrupted, now Preware & WebOS QI THINKS this is installed when it actually isn't. I get an error when I use those programs to try to remove the patch. I've even run the EPR & WebOS Repair Utility but they didn't touch this patch. I know I can use the WebOS Repair Utility to restore specific files though. I'd like to try this before running the WebOS Doctor LOL!
    anyone ?? bump
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    It works, but the notification does not go away. You have to swipe it away after hitting the trash can to delete the email. At least for me anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    It works, but the notification does not go away. You have to swipe it away after hitting the trash can to delete the email. At least for me anyways.
    we were supposed to be able to delete one at a time when you have more than one and i cant even delete one lol. so i uninstalled it until someone can fix.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    we were supposed to be able to delete one at a time when you have more than one and i cant even delete one lol. so i uninstalled it until someone can fix.
    I am going to need to create a debug version and have someone send me thiere /var/logs/messeges file since I am not having this issue and have not been unable to reproduce it with the latest version. However I probably won't have time to do this until later this week.
    What files does this patch modify?

My installation failed and so Preware thinks it is installed but gives me an error when I try to uninstall it. I've run the EPR & WebOS Repair Utility unsuccessfully so I'm gonna try to restore specific files.
    Okay, here's what I've been able to determine...maybe. For those that the patch does not work at all, I think they did exactly what I did: uninstalled the old patch (per the Preware instructions), then installed the new patch, WITHOUT REBOOTING the phone first. I did this, and after i rebooted, i couldn't delete anything using the patch. I have since uninstalled the patch, rebooted, installed the patch, rebooted again, and now it works, albeit with a caveat or two.

Now for the caveats.

With this install, if i get an email notification for one email on one account, i can delete it. If, however, I get more than one notification (2 or more emails), on the same account, pressing the trash can appears to do nothing (the notification stays in place, and if you shrink the notification and then bring it back up, the email count and subject remain the same.) Digging further, i found that it actually did delete the email shown (the last received), but would not delete any of the others. Same thing happens when it's one email each to multiple accounts.

Hope this helps. Probably just confused you more than ever.
  19.    #59  
    Thank you for the information it is helpful. Will you try the following for me? Note this may be a little time consuming.

1) Uninstall all email patchs.
    2) Run the Repair Utility with the Patch compatabilitt turned off and restore any email app files it complains about. I'd like to know which ones it restores if any.
    3) Remove your email accounts and re-add them.
    4) Re-install the delete from notification patch and test. Please test by sending an email to your gmail account from a pc and a different email account.

I truly appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by rboyd11310 View Post
    Okay, here's what I've been able to determine...maybe. For those that the patch does not work at all, I think they did exactly what I did: uninstalled the old patch (per the Preware instructions), then installed the new patch, WITHOUT REBOOTING the phone first. I did this, and after i rebooted, i couldn't delete anything using the patch. I have since uninstalled the patch, rebooted, installed the patch, rebooted again, and now it works, albeit with a caveat or two.

Now for the caveats.

With this install, if i get an email notification for one email on one account, i can delete it. If, however, I get more than one notification (2 or more emails), on the same account, pressing the trash can appears to do nothing (the notification stays in place, and if you shrink the notification and then bring it back up, the email count and subject remain the same.) Digging further, i found that it actually did delete the email shown (the last received), but would not delete any of the others. Same thing happens when it's one email each to multiple accounts.

Hope this helps. Probably just confused you more than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Hello. Can you tell me which files on the phone this patch modifies?

The installation was interrupted, now Preware & WebOS QI THINKS this is installed when it actually isn't. I get an error when I use those programs to try to remove the patch. I've even run the EPR & WebOS Repair Utility but they didn't touch this patch. I know I can use the WebOS Repair Utility to restore specific files though. I'd like to try this before running the WebOS Doctor LOL!
    This post took a few days to be approved and I think got lost under newer posts. Does anybody know the answer to my question?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast