Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Actually if you click on the envelope icon the email app opens to the folder for the corresponding email account. I do plan on looking at implementing a swipe to delete instead though.
    I like that idea the best! Hopefully you are able to figure this one out.
    Would love to be able to mark as read from notification bar too. Either with this patch or another similar one. I don't delete emails usually, so for me, a separate patch would make the most sense.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    hey, ive un-installed and re-installed this patch twice now and the trash bin icon still shows up between the email icon and message. should i dl the patch file in the first post and install from WQI? i like it, and i like it better with the botton on the right, but it dont work none....
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by poozo View Post
    hey, ive un-installed and re-installed this patch twice now and the trash bin icon still shows up between the email icon and message. should i dl the patch file in the first post and install from WQI? i like it, and i like it better with the botton on the right, but it dont work none....
    Until it gets upadated to the latest version in Preware yes that is what you will need to do.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    This patch is great.. but is there also a way to automatically *dismiss* the notification when you hit the trash can? i.e. treat hitting the trash can the same as deleting then dismissing?

EDIT - nevermind, I see the new version seems to do just that
    -m
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poozo View Post

Restart Luna.
    -m
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I use gmail, exchange, yahoo, and hotmail. I can hit the trash can and the email deletes with your first patch(trash can in middle) using the second one won't delete the email at all.
    I just tested and can confirm - the second patch is *not* deleting my exchange emails. (the first was)
    -m
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I just tested and can confirm - the second patch is *not* deleting my exchange emails. (the first was)
    -m
    +1 for me
    either one doesnt work for me

when i swipe the trash can the notification just seems to go away, email still there
    if i just tape on the trashcan, it opens up that email full screen (but shouldnt it be deleting this email)

any help?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    This patch is great.. but is there also a way to automatically *dismiss* the notification when you hit the trash can? i.e. treat hitting the trash can the same as deleting then dismissing?

EDIT - nevermind, I see the new version seems to do just that
    -m
    The previous ver should have done this as well. The issue is that if the back end server does not send an update to the Pre that the item was deleted then the patch does not know to remove the notification bar. I will be updating it this weekend so that if you click the trash can a second time it removes the notification regardless.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post

when i swipe the trash can the notification just seems to go away, email still there
    if i just tape on the trashcan, it opens up that email full screen (but shouldnt it be deleting this email)

any help?
    This is very strange and I'm not sure why it would be doing this. There is no code associated with the trashcan to open an email. I would recommend uninstalling the patch restart luna or reboot and reinstall. If that doesn't work let me know and well try something else. Note the latest ver is now available in Preware.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post

any help?
    See my post just below your original post. Also I do not have an exchange account to test with however I am certain the issue is the same. Do you have your preferences set to receive mail as they arrive?
    The new version (far right trash can) appears to not be deleting

any plans for updating this patch?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

Unfortunately it is working perfectly for me so I have been unable to debug the problem. Please give me details about other email patches, wifi vs evdo, email provider so I can attempt to reproduce the issue.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

Unfortunately it is working perfectly for me so I have been unable to debug the problem. Please give me details about other email patches, wifi vs evdo, email provider so I can attempt to reproduce the issue. Are you on a 1x vs evdo connection?
    mostly on wifi and EV
    The new version has also not deleted my emails when tapping on the trash can. I'm using a gmail account and pretty much always have a wifi or evdo connection. I also have my email set to "as items arrive". Any help would be great, i loved the previous versions of this app!
    The one with the trash can in the middle works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The old version worked great, the new one doesn't seem to delete the e-mails though.
  20.    #40  
    All i have been working on this today. I have some more testing to do but should have an update ready tonight.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast